Why are we obsessed with feminism again?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2014, 12:48 PM
RE: Why are we obsessed with feminism again?
Iron Jawed Angels. Great movie. Wish every single person would watch it,

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2014, 12:51 PM
(30-08-2014 12:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No the difference is the Fundies are a clear and persistent sect were as the "Feminazis" are mostly a strawman fantasy with only a very few and far between example.

...If there are examples, how are they "mostly" a strawman fantasy? Shouldn't there be a "not" there somewhere? Maybe after the "mostly"? Confused
I agree that they're a tiny minority among those who call themselves feminists (and I say "call themselves" because feminazis are anything but feminists), but they exist. The problem is the attention that they garner. They're not worth the brainpower it takes to listen to their shit.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
30-08-2014, 12:55 PM
(30-08-2014 12:51 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 12:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No the difference is the Fundies are a clear and persistent sect were as the "Feminazis" are mostly a strawman fantasy with only a very few and far between example.

...If there are examples, how are they "mostly" a strawman fantasy? Shouldn't there be a "not" there somewhere? Maybe after the "mostly"? Confused
I agree that they're a tiny minority among those who call themselves feminists (and I say "call themselves" because feminazis are anything but feminists), but they exist. The problem is the attention that they garner. They're not worth the brainpower it takes to listen to their shit.

No it is mostly a strawman as they take a few quotes from the far lunatic fringe and try and paint everyone who calls themselves a feminist with the same brush. It is much the same as saying the WBC represent all christians in all matters.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
30-08-2014, 01:03 PM
(30-08-2014 12:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 12:51 PM)One Above All Wrote:  ...If there are examples, how are they "mostly" a strawman fantasy? Shouldn't there be a "not" there somewhere? Maybe after the "mostly"? Confused

No it is mostly a strawman as they take a few quotes from the far lunatic fringe and try and paint everyone who calls themselves a feminist with the same brush. It is much the same as saying the WBC represent all christians in all matters.

To be fair, every group has its nutjobs.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
30-08-2014, 01:04 PM
(30-08-2014 01:03 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 12:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No it is mostly a strawman as they take a few quotes from the far lunatic fringe and try and paint everyone who calls themselves a feminist with the same brush. It is much the same as saying the WBC represent all christians in all matters.

To be fair, every group has its nutjobs.

Yes they do. But to say the nutjobs are not only the face of a movement but the only voice therein is a strawman and that is what is done to Feminism.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
30-08-2014, 01:06 PM
(30-08-2014 01:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 01:03 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  To be fair, every group has its nutjobs.

Yes they do. But to say the nutjobs are not only the face of a movement but the only voice therein is a strawman and that is what is done to Feminism.

This is also true. It would be better to address them then the whole group.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-08-2014, 01:07 PM
(30-08-2014 12:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No it is mostly a strawman as they take a few quotes from the far lunatic fringe and try and paint everyone who calls themselves a feminist with the same brush. It is much the same as saying the WBC represent all christians in all matters.

In that case, you're 99% right. The missing 1% is due to classifying feminazis as feminists.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
30-08-2014, 02:10 PM
(30-08-2014 12:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 12:04 PM)One Above All Wrote:  That's one difference between them and the fundies. There are more or less the same number of fundies than there are people who rise against them. At least in some places. In other places, not so much.

No the difference is the Fundies are a clear and persistent sect were as the "Feminazis" are mostly a strawman fantasy with only a very few and far between example.

Except the hundred of thousands of them on tumblr, and the many on this forum; like the guy with Saddam Hussein for his avatar.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
30-08-2014, 02:19 PM
(30-08-2014 02:10 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  

Except the hundred of thousands of them on tumblr...

Yeah, bro.

Hundreds of thousands.

You, uh, you go on thinking that, if it makes you happy...

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
30-08-2014, 02:24 PM
(30-08-2014 02:10 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  

Except the hundred of thousands of them on tumblr, and the many on this forum; like the guy with Saddam Hussein for his avatar.

Who has a picture of that dude?