Why are we obsessed with feminism again?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2014, 05:11 PM
RE: Why are we obsessed with feminism again?
(30-08-2014 04:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 04:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is Baghdad Bob (sometimes known as Comical Ali) the Minister of Information during the start of the Iraq War. He was known for making grandiose statements about how well the Iraqi forces were doing and the supposed mass defection of American troops.

Chemical Ali Drinking Beverage

Different guy. The name was a play on Chemical Ali.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2014, 07:33 PM
(30-08-2014 05:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 04:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  Chemical Ali Drinking Beverage

Different guy. The name was a play on Chemical Ali.

Really? Dual Bozos? Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2014, 07:40 PM
(30-08-2014 07:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 05:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Different guy. The name was a play on Chemical Ali.

Really? Dual Bozos? Shocking

Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf aka Comical Ali

Ali Hassan al-Majid aka Chemical Ali

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-08-2014, 07:44 PM
(30-08-2014 07:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 07:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  Really? Dual Bozos? Shocking

Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf aka Comical Ali

Ali Hassan al-Majid aka Chemical Ali

Thanks - I had thought they were one and the same. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2014, 10:56 PM
(30-08-2014 12:01 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 12:01 PM)One Above All Wrote:  Because feminazis are loud and ignorant, like theist fundies. And, like theist fundies, they're so loud that some people assume they're the majority, or at least speak for the rest.

I have seen far, far more people railing against purported "feminazis" than I have ever seen actual such people.

So there's that.

I don't know the the "word" feminazi should apply in this situation or not, but I did watch a really stupid story on CNN today that is not so uncommon.

Warning, I may fuckup the details!
Some (female) senator broke a 'story' about old senators telling her not to loose too much weight because her liked women to be a bit chubby. This was labelled sexist many times in the story. They also considered the reverse situation...if a female had told a man the same thing. They told the second point of view as a joke which they dismissed, laughed off, and said 'of course that wouldn't be sexist. Then they explained why these old men are just behind the time and should be ignored. Consider

Now, the men (who remained nameless) were probably rude whether they intended it or not, but sexist? I think not.

30-08-2014, 11:05 PM
(30-08-2014 10:56 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 12:01 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I have seen far, far more people railing against purported "feminazis" than I have ever seen actual such people.

So there's that.

I don't know the the "word" feminazi should apply in this situation or not, but I did watch a really stupid story on CNN today that is not so uncommon.

Some (female) senator broke a 'story' about old senators telling her not to loose too much weight because her liked women to be a bit chubby. This was labelled sexist many times in the story. They also considered the reverse situation...if a female had told a man the same thing. They told the second point of view as a joke which they dismissed, laughed off, and said 'of course that wouldn't be sexist. Then they explained why these old men are just behind the time and should be ignored. Consider

Now, the men (who remained nameless) were probably rude whether they intended it or not, but sexist? I think not.

Same as with racism, if you were treated the same way she (supposedly) was, you'd feel discriminated against too.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
30-08-2014, 11:17 PM
(30-08-2014 11:05 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 10:56 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I don't know the the "word" feminazi should apply in this situation or not, but I did watch a really stupid story on CNN today that is not so uncommon.

Same as with racism, if you were treated the same way she (supposedly) was, you'd feel discriminated against too.

This is the same story, it is not told the same and not what I was referencing. Either way, yes, in that situation I'd feel discriminated against...whether I had a penis or not.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
31-08-2014, 12:10 AM
(30-08-2014 11:05 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Same as with racism, if you were treated the same way she (supposedly) was, you'd feel discriminated against too.

If I was in a similar situation it would depend on how the women looked.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
31-08-2014, 06:52 AM
(30-08-2014 04:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 04:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I thought it was a movie character.

It is Baghdad Bob (sometimes known as Comical Ali) the Minister of Information during the start of the Iraq War. He was known for making grandiose statements about how well the Iraqi forces were doing and the supposed mass defection of American troops.

The picture is less than 2 cm across and he is wearing the same uniform, so my mistake is understandable.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
31-08-2014, 06:53 AM
(31-08-2014 06:52 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 04:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is Baghdad Bob (sometimes known as Comical Ali) the Minister of Information during the start of the Iraq War. He was known for making grandiose statements about how well the Iraqi forces were doing and the supposed mass defection of American troops.

The picture is less than 2 cm across and he is wearing the same uniform, so my mistake is understandable.

I know, all brown people look alike.