Why are we obsessed with feminism again?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2014, 06:54 AM
RE: Why are we obsessed with feminism again?
(31-08-2014 06:53 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 06:52 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  The picture is less than 2 cm across and he is wearing the same uniform, so my mistake is understandable.

I know, all brown people look alike.

Strawman. All people look alike when their picture is about a cm wide and they are wearing the same uniform.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2014, 07:11 AM
(31-08-2014 06:54 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 06:53 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I know, all brown people look alike.

Strawman. All people look alike when their picture is about a cm wide and they are wearing the same uniform.

You need stronger glasses then cause it obviously is not Saddam.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-08-2014, 12:19 PM
(30-08-2014 12:33 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 12:01 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I have seen far, far more people railing against purported "feminazis" than I have ever seen actual such people.

So there's that.

This

Excellent answer
31-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Why does one automatically become a feminazi when they supports the equal rights of women?
[+] 1 user Likes Sardonic's post
31-08-2014, 12:36 PM
(31-08-2014 12:21 PM)Sardonic Wrote:  Why does one automatically become a feminazi when they supports the equal rights of women?

One doesn't. That's not what that term references.

31-08-2014, 12:37 PM
(31-08-2014 12:21 PM)Sardonic Wrote:  Why does one automatically become a feminazi when they supports the equal rights of women?

One doesn't. One becomes a feminazi when one says that men being abused (physically or sexually) is either impossible or of no consequence, or that men should be subservient to women, or that women are superior in virtually everything imaginable (I've seen this latter one expressed through the quote "First, God (sic) made Adam. Then he improved on the design and made Eve". I'm paraphrasing, but the sentiment is there). These people exist, although they're a small, yet loud, minority, and their claims to be feminists screw everything for actual feminists, to the point where feminists are now starting to abandon the term and adopt new ones, since people associate feminists with feminazis.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
31-08-2014, 12:52 PM

They don't. There's a big difference between a feminist ; supporting women's rights and a feminazi.
Big difference if you ask me.
I'm a feminist. ..
Always have been.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
31-08-2014, 12:54 PM
One problem is that we always have trouble discussing women's equal rights because there's so much attention on femenazi instead.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
31-08-2014, 01:58 PM
(31-08-2014 12:54 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  One problem is that we always have trouble discussing women's equal rights because there's so much attention on femenazi instead.

Its like when creationist look at one scientist and quote mine him in order to think everyone who accepts evolution is like that.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
31-08-2014, 04:50 PM
I think the problem with feminism being a hot topic is the high amount of inclusion in western culture. The most powerful man in the world is a feminist. It's pervasive.
I also think the amount of entitlement in the feminist movement is a problem. They point at any job with desirability and cry sexism, while turning a blind eye to the male-dominated sewage departments. They complain that games have misogyny that only they can see (and somehow affect the gamers who can't see them).

I think the real problem is that most of these women go into gender studies preparing for a war, and when they get out, there's nothing to fight.
I would also point how these feminists are generally raised. They are given this air of infallibility because they are female, and are sheltered from "hurtful" words. They never gain any ability to take criticism and so try to ban words, and feel like victims whenever challenged.
I guess I am against feminists because the most prominent members are professional victims, are anti freedom of speech, and their best defence from criticism is shaming language and social pressure.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.