Why are we obsessed with feminism again?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2014, 04:55 PM
RE: Why are we obsessed with feminism again?
(31-08-2014 04:50 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  I think the problem with feminism being a hot topic is the high amount of inclusion in western culture. The most powerful man in the world is a feminist. It's pervasive.
I also think the amount of entitlement in the feminist movement is a problem. They point at any job with desirability and cry sexism, while turning a blind eye to the male-dominated sewage departments. They complain that games have misogyny that only they can see (and somehow affect the gamers who can't see them).

I think the real problem is that most of these women go into gender studies preparing for a war, and when they get out, there's nothing to fight.
I would also point how these feminists are generally raised. They are given this air of infallibility because they are female, and are sheltered from "hurtful" words. They never gain any ability to take criticism and so try to ban words, and feel like victims whenever challenged.
I guess I am against feminists because the most prominent members are professional victims, are anti freedom of speech, and their best defence from criticism is shaming language and social pressure.

You come across as very poorly informed and emotional about this issue.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2014, 05:39 PM
(31-08-2014 04:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 04:50 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  I think the problem with feminism being a hot topic is the high amount of inclusion in western culture. The most powerful man in the world is a feminist. It's pervasive.
I also think the amount of entitlement in the feminist movement is a problem. They point at any job with desirability and cry sexism, while turning a blind eye to the male-dominated sewage departments. They complain that games have misogyny that only they can see (and somehow affect the gamers who can't see them).

I think the real problem is that most of these women go into gender studies preparing for a war, and when they get out, there's nothing to fight.
I would also point how these feminists are generally raised. They are given this air of infallibility because they are female, and are sheltered from "hurtful" words. They never gain any ability to take criticism and so try to ban words, and feel like victims whenever challenged.
I guess I am against feminists because the most prominent members are professional victims, are anti freedom of speech, and their best defence from criticism is shaming language and social pressure.

You come across as very poorly informed and emotional about this issue.

Ad hominem. Give me actual arguments rather than just calling me "poorly informed" and "emotional"
I am angry. I accept that. But my wording, although bordering on vitriolic, is a completely rational position.
Don't just write me off. I know what I am talking about.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
31-08-2014, 05:40 PM
(31-08-2014 05:39 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 04:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You come across as very poorly informed and emotional about this issue.

Ad hominem. Give me actual arguments rather than just calling me "poorly informed" and "emotional"
I am angry. I accept that. But my wording, although bordering on vitriolic, is a completely rational position.

You stance is such a composition fallacy and heap of strawmen that you are not even wrong

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-08-2014, 05:50 PM
(31-08-2014 05:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 05:39 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Ad hominem. Give me actual arguments rather than just calling me "poorly informed" and "emotional"

You stance is such a composition fallacy and heap of strawmen that you are not even wrong

Be specific. You need to actually point to my unfalsifiable positions and strawmen.
Also, a strawman implies that I am misrepresenting an opponent's position. When I legitimately represent another individual's position, I am completely justified. If I attribute it to an ideology, and a form of that ideology contains it, I am justified. If other forms don't, I may have to differentiate.
And where the fuck did I make a composition fallacy?
Please. At the moment you are making bold assertions. If you want to actually refute me, be specific.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
31-08-2014, 06:08 PM
(31-08-2014 05:50 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 05:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You stance is such a composition fallacy and heap of strawmen that you are not even wrong

Be specific. You need to actually point to my unfalsifiable positions and strawmen.
Also, a strawman implies that I am misrepresenting an opponent's position. When I legitimately represent another individual's position, I am completely justified. If I attribute it to an ideology, and a form of that ideology contains it, I am justified. If other forms don't, I may have to differentiate.
Please. At the moment you are making bold assertions. If you want to actually refute me, be specific.

To be fair you sort of where. I mean many females are feminist and have played victim, not all feminist just complain you know. Besides if that is the case you might as well hate every group.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
31-08-2014, 06:14 PM
(31-08-2014 06:08 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 05:50 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Be specific. You need to actually point to my unfalsifiable positions and strawmen.

To be fair you sort of where. I mean many females are feminist and have played victim, not all feminist just complain you know. Besides if that is the case you might as well hate every group.

I did say prominent members of the movement, the ones driving it. Also I never said it was all who identified as feminist. And that wouldn't be a composition fallacy that would be a hasty generalisation. Know your fallacies.
I don't dislike the feminist ideology and groups because of the fact that they complain. Where did you get that from?

31-08-2014, 06:33 PM
(31-08-2014 06:14 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 06:08 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  To be fair you sort of where. I mean many females are feminist and have played victim, not all feminist just complain you know. Besides if that is the case you might as well hate every group.

I did say prominent members of the movement, the ones driving it. Also I never said it was all who identified as feminist. And that wouldn't be a composition fallacy that would be a hasty generalisation. Know your fallacies.
I don't dislike the feminist ideology and groups because of the fact that they complain. Where did you get that from?

Just so you know I too think feminism is stupid, as it really makes no sense, especially if you support rights for all, but I see nothing wrong with it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
31-08-2014, 06:51 PM
(31-08-2014 06:33 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 06:14 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  I did say prominent members of the movement, the ones driving it. Also I never said it was all who identified as feminist. And that wouldn't be a composition fallacy that would be a hasty generalisation. Know your fallacies.

Just so you know I too think feminism is stupid, as it really makes no sense, especially if you support rights for all, but I see nothing wrong with it.

I just disagree with the behaviour of feminists and ideas promoted by the majority of feminists I have encountered.
My position is that feminists ate those who want gender equality, but consider women disadvantaged by society more than men. I don't accept the second part, and the arguments and especially more radical ideas are dangerous.

31-08-2014, 07:43 PM
(31-08-2014 06:51 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 06:33 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Just so you know I too think feminism is stupid, as it really makes no sense, especially if you support rights for all, but I see nothing wrong with it.

I just disagree with the behaviour of feminists and ideas promoted by the majority of feminists I have encountered.
My position is that feminists ate those who want gender equality, but consider women disadvantaged by society more than men. I don't accept the second part, and the arguments and especially more radical ideas are dangerous.

Well what do you expect, feminism by definition is for women's rights only, you might as well get mad at a Muslim for believing in allah and Muhammad was the great prophet it comes with the package they accepted.

01-09-2014, 07:23 AM
(31-08-2014 07:43 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 06:51 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  I just disagree with the behaviour of feminists and ideas promoted by the majority of feminists I have encountered.

Well what do you expect, feminism by definition is for women's rights only...

Not according to feminists.

So there's that.

... this is my signature!