Why are we obsessed with feminism again?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 05:11 PM
RE: Why are we obsessed with feminism again?
(01-09-2014 04:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  <snip>

What are the credentials of that website's writers? I had never heard of it before. However, if it's accurate, it will be a useful tool in my writing.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2014, 05:15 PM
(01-09-2014 05:11 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 04:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  <snip>

What are the credentials of that website's writers? I had never heard of it before. However, if it's accurate, it will be a useful tool in my writing.

Oh, for fuck's sake. How about the Oxford?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-09-2014, 05:18 PM
(01-09-2014 05:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 05:11 PM)One Above All Wrote:  What are the credentials of that website's writers? I had never heard of it before. However, if it's accurate, it will be a useful tool in my writing.

Oh, for fuck's sake. How about the Oxford?

...I didn't mean to imply (Wink) that the website was untrustworthy. I was verifying if it was trustworthy. I trusted that you weren't talking out of your ass, but I wanted to verify that. Why is that a bad thing?

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
01-09-2014, 05:19 PM
(01-09-2014 04:09 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 04:00 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Actions speak louder than words.

Equal rights for women infers equal rights for men. A can't be equal to B if B is not equal to A.

Unless you are using Animal Farm's idea of equality. Doesn't seem so.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
01-09-2014, 05:20 PM
(01-09-2014 05:19 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 04:09 PM)One Above All Wrote:  Equal rights for women infers equal rights for men. A can't be equal to B if B is not equal to A.

Unless you are using Animal Farm's idea of equality. Doesn't seem so.

...I have no idea what that is.

01-09-2014, 05:21 PM
(01-09-2014 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 04:00 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Actions speak louder than words.

It certainly appears that you are generalizing the actions of a few to the many.

That is not valid logically or morally. Drinking Beverage

Well your behaviour isn't helping that stereotype. "We deal with men's issues too but will just assert rather than giving evidence"
Feminism is the new religion.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
01-09-2014, 05:22 PM
(01-09-2014 05:20 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 05:19 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  Unless you are using Animal Farm's idea of equality. Doesn't seem so.

...I have no idea what that is.

"We are all equal, but some are more equal than others"
It's a reference to communism under the soviets. Claiming equality and actual equality are two different things.

01-09-2014, 05:23 PM
(01-09-2014 05:22 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 05:20 PM)One Above All Wrote:  ...I have no idea what that is.

"We are all equal, but some are more equal than others"
It's a reference to communism under the soviets. Claiming equality and actual equality are two different things.

Can you show where actual feminists groups have campaigned and gotten unequal changes? No tumblr does not count.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-09-2014, 05:25 PM
(01-09-2014 05:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 05:22 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  "We are all equal, but some are more equal than others"

Can you show where actual feminists groups have campaigned and gotten unequal changes? No tumblr does not count.

There is none, I don't remember feminism being about making men inferior to women.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
01-09-2014, 05:49 PM
(01-09-2014 05:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 05:22 PM)spinosauruskin Wrote:  "We are all equal, but some are more equal than others"

There are downsides to being male that are not addressed. You don't have to actively discriminate to be discriminatory.