Why are you here ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 07:35 AM
Why are you here ?
By that, I mean this forum.

Personally I'm here for the comradery of other atheists, to talk with, have a little fun and maybe learn a few things without having to listen to the normal "I'll pray for you" shit, that even the biker forums seem to be filled with.

I dont get into heavy debates and claim no superior knowledge on any religious subject. I tend to say and claim things that I can only derive from my lifes experiences and be who I am. I dont run a line of bullshit to appear any different on a forum then who I am in real life, and I do like to share some of my adventures and past with others that may not have lived my type of lifestyle.

Just got to thinking about this, this morning going through some crazy threads in here. So, why are you in here ? Consider

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like War Horse's post
17-02-2014, 07:46 AM
RE: Why are you here ?
Some fucker forgot to turn the lights out before he left. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-02-2014, 07:48 AM
When I try to bullshit, I wind up with my face in the pie and that really stinks? He, he, he!

I'm here because I live in Texas, and we have some really small minds here, almost everyone here is a BELIEVER in myth. I need a dose of reality.

I think my boss tried to have me exorcized--no kidding.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
17-02-2014, 07:51 AM
(17-02-2014 07:46 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Some fucker forgot to turn the lights out before he left. Big Grin

Oops, didnt see that, however I kind of figured its been brought up before. This is what happens when I get my usual brain fart.... Blush

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
17-02-2014, 07:59 AM
(17-02-2014 07:35 AM)War Horse Wrote:  By that, I mean this forum.

Personally I'm here for the comradery of other atheists, to talk with, have a little fun and maybe learn a few things without having to listen to the normal "I'll pray for you" shit, that even the biker forums seem to be filled with.

I dont get into heavy debates and claim no superior knowledge on any religious subject. I tend to say and claim things that I can only derive from my lifes experiences and be who I am. I dont run a line of bullshit to appear any different on a forum then who I am in real life, and I do like to share some of my adventures and past with others that may not have lived my type of lifestyle.

Just got to thinking about this, this morning going through some crazy threads in here. So, why are you in here ? Consider

Some Doc posted Seth's "Story of Suzie" over at a hypogonadal old man's forum I used to visit. Saw that the discussion here was far more interesting than should I inject pregnant women's piss (hCG) to keep my balls inflated and a breast cancer drug (Arimidex) to control my estrogen while on testosterone. So I stayed. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-02-2014, 08:11 AM
I found Seth's podcasts first and listened to several of those and watched some of his videos. Then I wandered in here. Found some great people here and just stayed. I have been hanging out a couple years now. Guess I will hang out a while longer.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
17-02-2014, 08:22 AM
I originally googled "Philosophy forums" and this came out in one of the results. I saw it was an interesting community and I liked the way it was structured.

Overtime I have come here for friendship, learning, support and to call Earmuffs a cunt (but we are all good now)

Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 5 users Like bemore's post
17-02-2014, 08:38 AM
I joined about a year before I started posting. I used to browse once in a while. ... I found myself drawn to some of the more meaty threads. ... I used to work in academia as a lecturer in the arts and missed the stimulation. In real life, I think that constant progression is important and arrived at the conclusion to move forward personally, I required some help and guidance with philosophy and psychology, this forum seemed like a good place to help with that, as there are some well read people on here. Also, I hate religion, despise it actually. I see evidence for the fact everywhere that it is often the opposite of thinking.

I have stayed because I like it. There are some good characters on here and some people who help me greatly with academic advice! Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 3 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
17-02-2014, 08:40 AM
I wanted to hear from people that had gone through the same religious backlash I was going through. In TTA I found a genuinely welcoming, interested, grounded, intelligent and in many cases fricking funny group of interwebz amigos.

The ad-hom theist bashing is just a bonus. Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
17-02-2014, 08:42 AM
Boredome is my guess.

And it beats meeting people in meatspace.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]