Why are you here ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 09:31 AM
RE: Why are you here ?
I saw this video called "Top Ten Creationist Arguments" and followed the link in the video's description to this place. It's been a fun time all in all. Yes

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
17-02-2014, 09:32 AM
(17-02-2014 09:31 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I saw this video called "Top Ten Creationist Arguments" and followed the link in the video's description to this place. It's been a fun time all in all. Yes

Vosur is here because he loves me. Heart Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
17-02-2014, 09:37 AM
I used Seth's podcasts as a way to fall asleep after school, not because it was boring (well, some are), but because Seth has a really smooooooooooooooooooooth voice that's easy to fall asleep to. On the 100'th video some guy in the YT comment section called Seth a cunt because he didn't allow somebody from the forum to use fanart as the backround of the video. That way I found out that there was a forum and I joined. But the story why I joined is far less important than why I stayed.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
17-02-2014, 09:54 AM
I think I first found this when I was looking up commentary on a hypothesis that man may have evolved from a pig-chimp hybrid. Google spat out a thread here that basically thrashed the scientist. I checked out the forum, made sure I was "allowed" to join, and I like to visit occassionally. What is a theist doin on an athiest forum? I have a theory of my own that, since athiests are often going against the grain of their surrounding culture they may be a bit more thoughtful than average, and I like to think about things as I go about my life. It gives me joy. This is just one place of many where I like to visit and read ideas, cool links, ect...
[+] 2 users Like BeccaBoo's post
17-02-2014, 10:03 AM
I thought it was a dating site.

Blush

[+] 12 users Like DLJ's post
17-02-2014, 10:33 AM
I started listening to the pod casts. I used to browse the forum and found a lot of the posts and people interesting. I joined up recently, and I enjoy reading the various posts and adding the odd comment here and there. I also like the fact that one can make his or her argument with the use of colourful language, that would not be tolerated on some other forums.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
17-02-2014, 10:47 AM
When Dad died a year ago and we were making funeral arrangements is when someone said out loud that Dad was an atheist. Before that point, we all knew, but the label had never been stuck on him before. My oldest brother labeled himself as atheist, my sister flip flops, another brother is Catholic. He tries to tell himself that my Mother was a Catholic too, but she never went back after marrying my Dad, I never remember ever hearing her say things about praying or loved ones in heaven. So I was never raised in a religious home, but I also never bothered to label myself. Dad's death got me thinking about that.

I found Seth's podcast and Neil deGrasse Tyson's. Listening to those sealed the deal that I wasn't agnostic, I am atheist. The reality of I am an atheist living in NC and I had no one to discuss this with kicked in. So I found the forum.

Like you I come here for company/friendship. I don't have any particular questions or battles to debate. I enjoy learning things and meeting new people. I like being able to discuss current events without people praying about it, etc. I am amazed at the stories others come here with about the struggles they have had because of differences in their beliefs from those around them.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 5 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
17-02-2014, 11:02 AM
Got lost.

It's been four years.

Still lost.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
17-02-2014, 11:43 AM
(17-02-2014 11:02 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Got lost.

It's been four years.

Still lost.

Check that Stark's belay line still has enough Gwynnies will you JohnnyC. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
17-02-2014, 11:47 AM
Because this is my idea of productivity

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post