Why are you here ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 11:49 AM
RE: Why are you here ?
(17-02-2014 09:54 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  I think I first found this when I was looking up commentary on a hypothesis that man may have evolved from a pig-chimp hybrid. Google spat out a thread here that basically thrashed the scientist.

Wait.

That thread?

Wow... The Pig-Man lives on...

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2014, 11:54 AM
I'm still trying to figure out where the hell I am. Wife tells me it's the living room; other say internet. I'm thinking of getting put on Chas' meds.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
17-02-2014, 11:59 AM
(17-02-2014 07:51 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 07:46 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Some fucker forgot to turn the lights out before he left. Big Grin

Oops, didnt see that, however I kind of figured its been brought up before. This is what happens when I get my usual brain fart.... Blush

You didn't see this one either. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Its nice to mix with other people who are in control of their own mind, or at least are aware of their fallibility.
Came here to investigate this surge of creationism a friend of mine was getting bashed into his head at church.

I stay for the unpredictable melting pot of EGO's, and chippy rants are entertaining, a talk show podcast with Chippy and double Taq, would be a blast, if their not ripping the shit out of each other the theist callers would get roasted hard.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
17-02-2014, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2014 12:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-02-2014 11:54 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I'm still trying to figure out where the hell I am. Wife tells me it's the living room; other say internet. I'm thinking of getting put on Chas' meds.

How deep did you go and how fast did you come up without air? ... We got decompression formulas and shit that might just save your sorry ass from the bends. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-02-2014, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2014 01:09 PM by Anjele.)
Too much bitching and pointing out that similar posts existed before a new member joins...geez Louise, get a grip. Dodgy

Digging up old threads gets people griped at for necro-posting. Can't win for losing with some of this crew.

And, no, that's not why I am here.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
17-02-2014, 01:44 PM
(17-02-2014 01:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Too much bitching and pointing out that similar posts existed before a new member joins...geez Louise, get a grip. Dodgy

Digging up old threads gets people griped at for necro-posting. Can't win for losing with some of this crew.

And, no, that's not why I am here.

Thanks Anjele, and yeah, take that Chas Tongue

I didnt mean take the wind out of anybodys sails, and I figured that there may be other Noobs (like me) in here that didnt dig that deep to find a dead post.

I find it interesting, why people come and stay in this type of forum. So far I've had a blast and would love to meet a whole bunch of this crowd. Tho, there are some that I would'nt care to meet.

Seems that its going along just fine with this thread, I say enjoy it and have some damn fun. Angry

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 5 users Like War Horse's post
17-02-2014, 03:23 PM
My friend who is an atheist referred me to this site, and I'm glad he did, seems I've finally found an outlet.

Some of you who come from those extremely religious conservative families may know exactly what I mean when I talk about finding an outlet.

This site is especially helpful for closet atheists or people who feel they don't have anybody to talk to or anybody that understands them.

When I stopped believing in god; when I didn't identify myself as a believer anymore, my whole family ostracized me. I felt like I had nobody to talk to and I felt like something was wrong with me. My whole life, I'd been around religious people, and I'd been strictly told from as early as I can remember, that people who were not religious were an anomaly, something was wrong with them and they just didn't want to follow any rules.

Everyone around me would just look at me weirdly and try to proselytize, I felt like just giving in so I could not feel this anxiety anymore. I had no one to talk to, no one to tell me they thought differently. I felt alone.

I guess I just needed somebody to talk to, and to hear different points of views. I thank my friends at school for helping me through this, and encouraging me to think outside the box. I thank them for questioning my faith until I was red in the face, for making me stop to think and say, "That's a good question." And for destroying my religious objective morality beliefs when I dared to question how an atheist could be moral.

I came here because I needed to know I was not alone. I came here because I wanted to hear what people really wanted to say without anything holding them back. People who say whatever is on their mind and whatever is true, without fear of a religious scolding.

I thank this community for supplying this comfort not only to me, but for anyone else who feels this way.

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.
[+] 3 users Like Freethought's post
17-02-2014, 04:01 PM
I found myself here after a night of drunken debauchery. They won't let me leave...

Please send help.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-02-2014, 04:03 PM
(17-02-2014 04:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I found myself here after a night of drunken debauchery. They won't let me leave...

Please send help.

They can't. You know too much!

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post