Why are you here ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: Why are you here ?
(17-02-2014 04:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I found myself here after a night of drunken debauchery. They won't let me leave...

Please send help.

Whos gonna control the dungeon if you leave Huh

We're all bad boys and you need to 'whip' us into shape. Tongue

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2014, 04:19 PM
I'm here to learn. I'm here to teach. I'm here to vent.

I'm here to come to terms with what I've abandoned and with what I've embraced. I'm here to pick up pointers from those who walked my path long before I set foot on it. I'm here to explore ideas and see where they lead. I'm here to be me. Finally, to be myself, without having to answer to or seek approval from the invisible man in the sky.

But mostly, I'm here for the punch and pie. I was told there would be punch and pie.
[+] 3 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
17-02-2014, 04:22 PM
(17-02-2014 04:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I found myself here after a night of drunken debauchery. They won't let me leave...

Please send help.

As long as you are drunk and debauched we can't let you out on your own. Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
17-02-2014, 04:26 PM
I'm here because I was looking for intellectually stimulating conversation. I found this place instead. Cool Laughat

In complete seriousness, I'm here because of all the posters in all the forums in all the web, I like you guys best. This eclectic, eccentric family is downright awesome and I feel I've gotten more out of this forum in the short amount of time I've been here than all other forums I've been on combined.

Most forums that I've gone to are either too myopic or too much of an echo chamber to be of any use. I can come here on any given day and have to force myself to leave the site so I can be a productive member of society. There is always an engaging conversation to read and/or participate in. On that note, I can't count the number of times I've started forming a response in my head, only to find that someone here already had the exact same thought as I did and already posted it. Some may find this annoying, I love it.

You all (well, most of you) are truly the reason I'm here. I look forward to seeing what new and interesting things people here have to say.

Oh yeah, and I do occasionally get into an intellectually stimulating conversation.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
17-02-2014, 04:26 PM
(17-02-2014 04:08 PM)War Horse Wrote:  

Please send help.

Whos gonna control the dungeon if you leave Huh

We're all bad boys and you need to 'whip' us into shape. Tongue

Aurora is the DM.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

17-02-2014, 04:36 PM
I am here because i like the atmosphere here. It's fun,and i see lots of new info appearing every day. Here feels like my real home,i can talk about things with some of you that i never would with my parents. I like the fun you guys have teasing each other, ugggg i can't put it words

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
17-02-2014, 08:34 PM
(17-02-2014 04:03 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  

Please send help.

They can't. You know too much!

"They"? Who's this "they" you speak of?

I was under the impression you were leading this rabble!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
17-02-2014, 08:36 PM
(17-02-2014 04:36 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  I am here because i like the atmosphere here. It's fun,and i see lots of new info appearing every day. Here feels like my real home,i can talk about things with some of you that i never would with my parents. I like the fun you guys have teasing each other, ugggg i can't put it words

I think your words were just fine.

And what an awesome 2000th post.

[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
17-02-2014, 08:37 PM
(17-02-2014 08:34 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 04:03 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  They can't. You know too much!

"They"? Who's this "they" you speak of?

I was under the impression you were leading this rabble!

That's what 'they' want you to believe. Dodgy

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

17-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Hah! See, now that kinda shenanigans is REALLY why I'm here.

And when I see stuff like Lightvaders post, and realize to some of you this is your only escape.

And when I see a guy like WarHorse reach out, and let us see a real piece of him, so we can share his burden, if just a tiny bit (I took that walk in the woods for you buddy)

And when I find that amongst these new friends, I catch myself missing some older ones, like Erxomai, and even KC when he takes his much needed, but mercifully short breaks. It tells me the friendships are true, and that these are people I care about.

And when I realize that there are people here who know me well enough to know EXACTY when I need an "I'm-ok-how-are-you-holding-up" message, almost like I have a guardian Anjele....I mean "angel" Wink

THOSE are the reasons I'm here. How I GOT here just isn't nearly as interesting, so I've intentionally forgotten. It's one of the advantages to smoking a ton of weed. Dodgy

[+] 8 users Like Stark Raving's post