Why are you here ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 08:57 PM
RE: Why are you here ?
(17-02-2014 08:54 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Hah! See, now that kinda shenanigans is REALLY why I'm here.

And when I see stuff like Lightvaders post, and realize to some of you this is your only escape.

And when I see a guy like WarHorse reach out, and let us see a real piece of him, so we can share his burden, if just a tiny bit (I took that walk in the woods for you buddy)

And when I find that amongst these new friends, I catch myself missing some older ones, like Erxomai, and even KC when he takes his much needed, but mercifully short breaks. It tells me the friendships are true, and that these are people I care about.

And when I realize that there are people here who know me well enough to know EXACTY when I need an "I'm-ok-how-are-you-holding-up" message, almost like I have a guardian Anjele....I mean "angel" Wink

THOSE are the reasons I'm here. How I GOT here just isn't nearly as interesting, so I've intentionally forgotten. It's one of the advantages to smoking a ton of weed. Dodgy

goddammit...my eyes just got all watery...Sadcryface

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
17-02-2014, 08:59 PM
I signed on for the Atheism, stayed cuz Moms & Peanut are all hot. Then Cathym & Smerc showed up and stuck there hooks in me... TTA is simply stuck with me! I ain't goin nowhere Big Grin
So many caring people here with excellent advice to give! Revs knows about Dune, & MST3K, Hughsie-Ferdi love-banter is too funny to miss, & I don't think the day is complete without a "muther-fucker" from Girly.
It's better than the circus 'round here Smile

17-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Awh this thread is so sweet! <3
[+] 1 user Likes thedudette's post
17-02-2014, 09:18 PM
(17-02-2014 08:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 08:54 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Hah! See, now that kinda shenanigans is REALLY why I'm here.

And when I see stuff like Lightvaders post, and realize to some of you this is your only escape.

And when I see a guy like WarHorse reach out, and let us see a real piece of him, so we can share his burden, if just a tiny bit (I took that walk in the woods for you buddy)

And when I find that amongst these new friends, I catch myself missing some older ones, like Erxomai, and even KC when he takes his much needed, but mercifully short breaks. It tells me the friendships are true, and that these are people I care about.

And when I realize that there are people here who know me well enough to know EXACTY when I need an "I'm-ok-how-are-you-holding-up" message, almost like I have a guardian Anjele....I mean "angel" Wink

THOSE are the reasons I'm here. How I GOT here just isn't nearly as interesting, so I've intentionally forgotten. It's one of the advantages to smoking a ton of weed. Dodgy

goddammit...my eyes just got all watery...Sadcryface

Why? Did I blow that hoot atcha? Smokin

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
17-02-2014, 09:19 PM
(17-02-2014 09:18 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 08:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  goddammit...my eyes just got all watery...Sadcryface

Why? Did I blow that hoot atcha? Smokin

I don't think that was it. Love ya Stark! Heart

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-02-2014, 10:10 PM
(17-02-2014 08:59 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I signed on for the Atheism, stayed cuz Moms & Peanut are all hot. Then Cathym & Smerc showed up and stuck there hooks in me... TTA is simply stuck with me! I ain't goin nowhere Big Grin
So many caring people here with excellent advice to give! Revs knows about Dune, & MST3K, Hughsie-Ferdi love-banter is too funny to miss, & I don't think the day is complete without a "muther-fucker" from Girly.
It's better than the circus 'round here Smile

Blush Heart Hug

I listened to the podcasts, heard of the forum, and was sick of not sharing/discussing godless topics when I wanted to on Facebook. Came here, and was really nervous I wouldn't fit in, but I ended up meeting SO MANY amazing people!!! Big Grin like Guley of course

Such wonderful people here, with a few nuts Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
17-02-2014, 10:19 PM
(17-02-2014 09:09 PM)thedudette Wrote:  Awh this thread is so sweet! <3

Sweet as the sauce on a barbecued baby.

As any good atheist can affirm.

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
17-02-2014, 10:22 PM
I joined as a lurker after seeing one of Seth's videos, to learn from all of the great minds here. Then when I was done with my research and critical thinking, I spoke up and started posting regularly.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
17-02-2014, 10:38 PM

Damn Stark, you keep posting shit like this and theists are gonna stop thinking we're the spawn of the Devil...like we have feelings or something.

It's gonna blow our cover is all I'm saying. Ah, what the hell...that was a great post.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
17-02-2014, 10:39 PM
(17-02-2014 10:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 09:09 PM)thedudette Wrote:  Awh this thread is so sweet! <3

Sweet as the sauce on a barbecued baby.

As any good atheist can affirm.

Damn! Why didn't I think of that?!? BBQ sauce makes everything taste better!