Why are you here ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Re: RE: Why are you here ?
(19-02-2014 12:52 PM)Atheist Razor Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 07:35 AM)War Horse Wrote:  By that, I mean this forum.

I'm mostly here for the community aspect, debating Christians was becoming stale.

I still find the atheist vs theist argument the most fascinating of all (for now at least). The complete polarised mindsets of both leads to great discussions and I find it helps me at work, strangely enough, to consider other opinions more thoroughly.

I debate on a christian forum but try to remain sympathetic to their views regardless of how illogical they seem to be. I notice of late though that many of my posts are just being deleted but I have a masochistic need to carry on I suppose.

This forum offers the other side of the coin and gives me very good arguments to use 'on the other side'.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TubbyTubby's post
19-02-2014, 02:04 PM
RE: Why are you here ?
(19-02-2014 01:11 PM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 12:52 PM)Atheist Razor Wrote:  I'm mostly here for the community aspect, debating Christians was becoming stale.

I still find the atheist vs theist argument the most fascinating of all (for now at least). The complete polarised mindsets of both leads to great discussions and I find it helps me at work, strangely enough, to consider other opinions more thoroughly.

I debate on a christian forum but try to remain sympathetic to their views regardless of how illogical they seem to be. I notice of late though that many of my posts are just being deleted but I have a masochistic need to carry on I suppose.

This forum offers the other side of the coin and gives me very good arguments to use 'on the other side'.

Argument and debate was more important in my initial militant Atheist phase, gradually, over the last decade or so I began to loose interest in it. Lately I need to push myself to the point of even bothering to correct a theist.

Don't get me wrong, the debate/argument aspect is valuable, I'm just worn out to the point of losing interest.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

-Epicurus
Find all posts by this user
19-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Double post, please ignore.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

-Epicurus
19-02-2014, 02:44 PM
I was told there would be free booze and cheap hookers.

What they failed to mention was the false advertising Dodgy

Atir aissom atir imon
19-02-2014, 02:54 PM
(19-02-2014 02:44 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I was told there would be free booze and cheap hookers.

Oh there're here alright , but....

Sorry, your ID doesnt match , you dont look like a 65 year old black woman. Drinking Beverage

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
19-02-2014, 03:03 PM
(19-02-2014 02:54 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 02:44 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I was told there would be free booze and cheap hookers.

Oh there're here alright , but....

Sorry, your ID doesnt match , you dont look like a 65 year old black woman. Drinking Beverage

You racist bastard! Judging a person based on their skin color! How dare you?!?

Atir aissom atir imon