Why are you here, kingschosen and Aliza, etc.?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2016, 12:30 PM
Why are you here, kingschosen and Aliza, etc.?
About two years ago, I joined some Christian forums for a few reasons. On one of the forums, I joined as an open atheist, trying to engage in a dialogue to dispel grossly stereotypical views of nonbelievers. I was courteous and honest. Why? Because, as a lifelong journalist, my default position is to inform and educate. I'm tired of living in a country where people look down on us pretty much more than any other group.

So I thought, hey, if I can take some time to chat with believers to show them I'm just as acceptable and moral as them, maybe they could start to open their eyes and, eventually, ears. If a pleasant consequence of this were to be some people actually using rational thought and maybe hopping off the fence onto my side, that'd be cool. But I wasn't there to question anyone's faith or deconvert them. I did one of those, "Ask an atheist" threads and got a few responders. But I was promptly banned on Day 2, despite the forum rules allowing for all beliefs and opinions.

Why did I do that? Because I support the separation of church and state and would like to have all believers understand that and why they should be in favor of that as well. As for the other Christian forums, I didn't say I was an atheist but I did answer questions and post comments with rational thought using critical thinking skills. I was banned on Day 1.

As an antitheist, I admit I had an ulterior motive, to extinguish religion one forum at a time, however subtly. Clearly, that didn't happen. But I had no intentions of being friendly with these people from a social aspect. I was friendly in my behavior, but I didn't go on there because I wanted friends. If I want friends, I certainly don't go looking for people who believe entirely differently from me. Now, that's not to say I'm not friends with theists, of course I am. But we are friends because of our other common interests. People who are into hot rods don't go to knitting forums looking for hot rod friends.

This brings me to the point of this post. For pleasant believers such as kingschosen and Aliza, why are you here? You remain faithful to your Calvinist/Jewish religions so you're not questioning your beliefs; you aren't looking to convert atheists; you don't seem to think atheism is a bad thing and you know we aren't pushing to combine church and state. You clearly aren't trolls; I don't see any motives and, to push my earlier point, an atheist forum isn't exactly where believers go to find friends or things you may have in common with people. So, respectfully, what is it that draws you here if you don't have a related goal in mind? Or do you?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WillHopp's post
17-09-2016, 12:55 PM
RE: Why are you here, kingschosen and Aliza, etc.?
I am curious about this as well- I've wondered the same thing.

On a side note

Quote:People who are into hot rods don't go to knitting forums looking for hot rod friends.

Finally, this explains why I have no hotrod friends. Guess I'll have to leave Pearl-one.com. Sadcryface
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like The Dark One's post
17-09-2016, 12:57 PM
Quote:People who are into hot rods don't go to knitting forums looking for hot rod friends.
They might...
[Image: crochet-car.jpg]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 22 users Like cactus's post
17-09-2016, 01:08 PM
(17-09-2016 12:57 PM)cactus Wrote:  
They might...

Um, you're the only one I know who would call a VW Beetle a hot rod.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
17-09-2016, 01:09 PM
(17-09-2016 01:08 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 12:57 PM)cactus Wrote:  They might...

Um, you're the only one I know who would call a VW Beetle a hot rod.

Looks pretty hot to me. Cool

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
17-09-2016, 01:17 PM
(17-09-2016 01:09 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 01:08 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Um, you're the only one I know who would call a VW Beetle a hot rod.

Looks pretty hot to me. Cool

At least warm and cozy.
[+] 8 users Like pablo's post
17-09-2016, 01:19 PM
I think we all can guess why Aliza came here.

She was after an intelligent man.

But ended up with a silly pussy!

Drinking Beverage

Well, someone was going to say it. Blush

[+] 9 users Like DLJ's post
17-09-2016, 01:20 PM
(17-09-2016 01:17 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 01:09 PM)cactus Wrote:  Looks pretty hot to me. Cool

At least warm and cozy.

And there's nothing quite like having a warm and cozy rod...

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
17-09-2016, 01:23 PM
Of course KC showed up to prove that he could become the admin of an atheist forum. Checkmate atheists. Evil_monster

**Why he came here I don't know for sure but once here he found people he liked and he stayed around.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
17-09-2016, 01:27 PM
I guess I'm looking for the initial motivation and then the reasons for staying.

----