Why are you here, kingschosen and Aliza, etc.?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2016, 04:15 PM
RE: Why are you here, kingschosen and Aliza, etc.?
Oh, by all means, let's please turn this into an ethnic foods discussion.

HoboEvil_monsterWeepingFacepalm

It's just like this forum to turn my 2,500th post into a whine. Wink

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like WillHopp's post
17-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Theist joins an atheist forum:
"Welcome, new person Smile
Let's learn from each other and discuss cool shit together."

Atheist joins a Christian forum:
"Welcome. I used to be an atheist, too. Then I stopped being angry at God as I got older and stopped hanging out with the goth kids at the lunch table. We all struggle with our moments of doubt. We're so blessed that you've joined us this day. I pray that we'll be able to help you through this dark night of the soul. Heart"

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like cactus's post
17-09-2016, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2016 05:53 PM by cactus.)
Bahaha, I just looked at christianforums.com, and they have special subforums labeled "Christians Only" for people who want to stay in the bubble. They have two different History subforums, one that's specifically Christian History for "Chrisians Only" and a History subforum under "Society." Also, all of the Theology subforums are labeled "Christians Only." That's beyond sad Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
17-09-2016, 06:00 PM
(17-09-2016 04:10 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 03:18 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah, that looks about as tasty to me as this looks:

[Image: OF018952-thai-spiders.jpg]

Back in the 1980's I spent a year living in the Pico Blvd, Robertson Blvd area of Los Angeles which is a very Jewish area, or was at the time. I saw Hasidic rabbis with their interesting hats and there were fantastic Jewish deli's and several synagogues in the area. But I couldn't find any shrimp to save my life and bacon was simply nonexistent. Stupid me, I went into a corner market looking for some bacon and the Jewish store owner looked at me like I was an alien from Mars. I realized just how gentile I was.

I lived right across the street from the famous Jewish bakery, Beverlywood Bakery. OMG, the smells that came out of that building first thing in the morning. Holy cow! It cut right through the Los Angeles smog and wafted right into my open window. Ahhhhhhh.

http://www.beverlywoodbakery.net/

[Image: kosherfmbeverlywood1.jpg]

[Image: 12052143_Nrg3Uq8ZNnQWlajbJjmLHEUTVANo-4J...qiwmDM.jpg]

That place made up for the lack of bacon and shrimp. One time I bought some sort of chocolate bread loaf and got sick because I ate the whole damned thing. Laugh out load

Did you get the diabeetus like me?

#sigh
17-09-2016, 06:38 PM
(17-09-2016 06:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Did you get the diabeetus like me?

[Image: The-most-diabetic-man-in-the-world_zpswpqailph.jpg]

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
17-09-2016, 06:43 PM
(17-09-2016 06:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 04:10 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Back in the 1980's I spent a year living in the Pico Blvd, Robertson Blvd area of Los Angeles which is a very Jewish area, or was at the time. I saw Hasidic rabbis with their interesting hats and there were fantastic Jewish deli's and several synagogues in the area. But I couldn't find any shrimp to save my life and bacon was simply nonexistent. Stupid me, I went into a corner market looking for some bacon and the Jewish store owner looked at me like I was an alien from Mars. I realized just how gentile I was.

I lived right across the street from the famous Jewish bakery, Beverlywood Bakery. OMG, the smells that came out of that building first thing in the morning. Holy cow! It cut right through the Los Angeles smog and wafted right into my open window. Ahhhhhhh.

http://www.beverlywoodbakery.net/

[Image: kosherfmbeverlywood1.jpg]

[Image: 12052143_Nrg3Uq8ZNnQWlajbJjmLHEUTVANo-4J...qiwmDM.jpg]

That place made up for the lack of bacon and shrimp. One time I bought some sort of chocolate bread loaf and got sick because I ate the whole damned thing. Laugh out load

Did you get the diabeetus like me?

No. I'm kinda skinny. I'm not much of a foodie person.....except when it comes to chocolate. Drooling

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
17-09-2016, 06:45 PM
(17-09-2016 04:15 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Oh, by all means, let's please turn this into an ethnic foods discussion.

HoboEvil_monsterWeepingFacepalm

It's just like this forum to turn my 2,500th post into a whine. Wink

Congratulations on the 2,500 WillHopp! Clap

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
17-09-2016, 06:56 PM
All this food is making me a hungry hungry Catholic. (Now have a mental image of myself as one of those pastel hippos eating Rosary beads.) Since I suppose I fall under the "etc."...I enjoy the podcast each week. I like Seth's books. And I find it refreshing to have a place to discuss things with intelligent people who aren't telling me that I'm going to Hell every time we disagree. Plus it's interesting to read things from another perspective. Some of you have sent me links to some great stuff via PM, others have had me try out certain books.

(17-09-2016 05:50 PM)cactus Wrote:  Bahaha, I just looked at christianforums.com, and they have special subforums labeled "Christians Only" for people who want to stay in the bubble. They have two different History subforums, one that's specifically Christian History for "Chrisians Only" and a History subforum under "Society." Also, all of the Theology subforums are labeled "Christians Only." That's beyond sad Laugh out load

Wow. Would I qualify as a Catholic for the "Christians only" forums? And WillHopp, if you want, I can PM you a link to a Catholic board where we let the resident atheist bash us and we've never banned him yet. Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
17-09-2016, 07:01 PM
(17-09-2016 06:56 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  All this food is making me a hungry hungry Catholic. (Now have a mental image of myself as one of those pastel hippos eating Rosary beads.) Since I suppose I fall under the "etc."...I enjoy the podcast each week. I like Seth's books. And I find it refreshing to have a place to discuss things with intelligent people who aren't telling me that I'm going to Hell every time we disagree. Plus it's interesting to read things from another perspective. Some of you have sent me links to some great stuff via PM, others have had me try out certain books.

(17-09-2016 05:50 PM)cactus Wrote:  Bahaha, I just looked at christianforums.com, and they have special subforums labeled "Christians Only" for people who want to stay in the bubble. They have two different History subforums, one that's specifically Christian History for "Chrisians Only" and a History subforum under "Society." Also, all of the Theology subforums are labeled "Christians Only." That's beyond sad Laugh out load

Wow. Would I qualify as a Catholic for the "Christians only" forums? And WillHopp, if you want, I can PM you a link to a Catholic board where we let the resident atheist bash us and we've never banned him yet. Tongue

Thanks for the response, and I'll pass on the forum, I've had my fill of that kind of fun. And thanks dance!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
17-09-2016, 07:51 PM
(17-09-2016 06:56 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I can PM you a link to a Catholic board where we let the resident atheist bash us and we've never banned him yet. Tongue

Post that bitch out in the open. Thumbsup
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post