Why are you here on TTA?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Why are you here on TTA?
My reason for being here is to find reason. My reasoning is that I think what I think for a reason. I would like to think my reasons for thinking such things are reasonable. But others may have reasons for reasoning differently, and the only reasonable way to find better reasons for thinking what I think is to listen to others reasons for thinking what they think. If their reasons are more reasonable than my reasons, by changing my reasoning I become a more reasonable person.

Sound reasonable?

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
15-09-2010, 10:06 PM

RE: Why are you here on TTA?
Huh? Tongue

I think that's very reasonable.

I'm here because I'm too chicken to tell anyone in my real life that I'm an atheist, so I use the forum as an outlet to keep my brain from exploding. It's nice to come here after a long day of biting my tongue.
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2010, 05:10 AM
I like to read other people's viewpoints on a subject that is important to me. Particularly when it can help me verbalize something.
16-09-2010, 09:22 AM
I like being part of a community of like-minded, intelligent people from around the world. It's also nice to get different perspectives that are backed by reason and research ^.^

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
16-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Dunno, really. I just started looking for atheist forums and found this place soon after it was formed. I signed up.

And now you know the rest of the story.

"Haven't you got any romance in your soul?"
"No," said Granny. "I ain't. And stars don't care what you wish, and magic don't make things better, and no one doesn't get burnt who sticks their hand in a fire."

- Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad
16-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Well I found that if I wanted to annoy a group of people the religious ones would always start some debate that wasn't very fun, so I figured I'd annoy some of my own kind.

Big Grin Wink

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
17-09-2010, 11:09 AM
I originally came here with the sole purpose of m first rant-post. Tongue I had just come out as gay and an atheist to my fundy family and had no atheist friends and I really needed to let out my feelings and this was the first link to an atheist forum I found. xP

Now I'm here because I enjoy the community, and I still don't have many atheist friends! I can call some of you guys friends, at least. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2010, 03:27 PM
I came for the chicks.

Plus, I was told there was free beer.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
17-09-2010, 04:46 PM
(17-09-2010 03:27 PM)BnW Wrote:  I came for the chicks.

Plus, I was told there was free beer.

Dammit! How many times do I have to tell you. Stay out of the damn beer fridge! Those are not free!!!!!!!!

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
18-09-2010, 04:07 PM
I joined up on here to also speak with like minded people. In my experience a person who calls himself/herself an athiest is different from someone who simply does not belive in a god or gods. All my athiest friends are well read and are constantly learning more and more about whats around us. They are not geniuses by any means but logic and reason makes up most of their intelligence. Other reasons for me being on her are:

1) Have a good rant from time to time
2) Argue with the god boys
3) Maybe even convert a thiest into opening his mind up and setting him free. (tough)

It's easy to think people are listening to you, but in actual fact they are just waiting for their turn to speak.