Why are you here on TTA?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2013, 08:48 AM
RE: Why are you here on TTA?
I Heart zombie threads!

Anyway, I'm here looking to make friendships with like-minded people and to have somewhere to turn for advice where I won't get the religious jibber-jabber I'd get irl (the "I'll pray for you" crap and all) and because I think it's important for those first coming in to atheism to know that there are others out there who think the way you do, who don't buy into the god stuff, and that you're not alone.

I really need to try and check into seeing if there are any meet-up groups in the Waco area for atheists but I would be absolutely gob-smacked if there were. So barring a miracle, like I said, I'm mostly just looking to make some good and lasting friendships here with some cool people (and you are all cool in my book Cool ).

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2013, 09:01 AM
Well, I just checked out meet-up and there's no atheist groups for Waco. Just Austin and DFW - of course! Grrr. So anyway, I'm afraid y'all are stuck with me for awhile. Tongue

(now I just need to get Skype, so's I can pester y'all "in the flesh" Evil_monster )

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
08-10-2013, 09:34 AM
(08-10-2013 09:01 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Well, I just checked out meet-up and there's no atheist groups for Waco. Just Austin and DFW - of course! Grrr. So anyway, I'm afraid y'all are stuck with me for awhile. Tongue

(now I just need to get Skype, so's I can pester y'all "in the flesh" Evil_monster )

That sounds like a great idea. We have a rather large community on skype and due to differing time zones there is almost always someone on. When you get set up just post your skype id and we can add you in. Thumbsup

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-10-2013, 07:43 AM
(08-10-2013 09:34 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-10-2013 09:01 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Well, I just checked out meet-up and there's no atheist groups for Waco. Just Austin and DFW - of course! Grrr. So anyway, I'm afraid y'all are stuck with me for awhile. Tongue

That sounds like a great idea. We have a rather large community on skype and due to differing time zones there is almost always someone on. When you get set up just post your skype id and we can add you in. Thumbsup

I will definitely do that, Rev. Big Grin May be a bit (don't have home internet quite yet as we're trying to tackle some debt before adding any new bills) but it'll happen and when it does, I'll let y'all know.

09-10-2013, 11:10 AM
After 3 weeks time logged and this, my 2000th post...

Shit, I don't know.

Sure beats working, I guess.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
09-10-2013, 04:42 PM
(09-10-2013 11:10 AM)cjlr Wrote:  After 3 weeks time logged and this, my 2000th post...

Shit, I don't know.

Sure beats working, I guess.

Man, you need to catch up. Big Grin
09-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Just noticed this thread. I think the question of "why are we here at TTA" is a great question. One I'm happy to answer:

I'm here for the chicks. Why else?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
09-10-2013, 05:24 PM
(09-10-2013 05:19 PM)BnW Wrote:  Just noticed this thread. I think the question of "why are we here at TTA" is a great question. One I'm happy to answer:

I'm here for the chicks. Why else?

Same. Peanut is such a super cutie. Blush
09-10-2013, 05:40 PM
I live in a town of roughly 5,000 people! There are 5 churches that I know of inside the city limits, & one on the outskirts up on a hill looking down on the town like a vulture!
I go for a walk; I run into Jesus!
I go for a drive; I accidentally drive over holy ground and my tires spontaneously combust Dodgy
I go up to the gas station; find the price of gas has dropped 5 cents & the lord's to be thanked for it Undecided
Within the last 2 weeks I was actually asked IF I WANTED TO SAY GRACE!!! I said, "grace"..... no one laughed!

I come here? Atheists everywhere! There's even a theist here who agrees with me that church sucks! Big Grin
I Heart TTA

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
09-10-2013, 07:33 PM
I was just going to check the place out and leave, but 'tis simply too awesome to merely leave after but a few days.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]