Why are you here on TTA?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: Why are you here on TTA?
I finally realized the definition of an Atheist fit me better than Agnostic.
Have give up attempting to de-convert friends and family as its pushing up hill and potentially damaging to people with weak sense of self.

So went looking for what i believe to be rational sane people. (possible an arrogant attitude, but that's what I like of Atheists and skeptics, we allow ourselves to self criticize and evolve).

One example recently was a friend accused a Dawkins vid as preaching to the converted, after i argued that its more like de converted or un converted. I sort of agreed with his statement.
but pointed out that he made no conscious effort to even ponder the point brought up or Google fact check anything that was "a lie"

Yet when I applied that statement to a vid of this is why god is real, he would not accept it was preaching to the converted because the word is true and I was choosing not to accept the word of god, and then said he was going to tell me something that will blow my MIND!!!, dramatic pause lean in close, " Just because you don't believe in the lord , the lord will always believe in you" he sit back with a how do you like them apples look on his face.
I sort of passed out then from a rather aggressive self face palm.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
16-10-2013, 05:51 PM
I'm here to read about and discuss issues that I can't seem to talk about in my family, at work or amongst my friends without some ridiculous consequence.
16-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Because it's a nice change to find like-minded individuals. Also I'm bored.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

16-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Why am I here on the TTA? Fine question. To fuck shit up and get wasted! Wink

I dunno. To converse about various topics with generally skeptical people, I suppose. Not too many people I know IRL that would dare question things that are taught to them from birth. Atheism is as good of a place to find such people as anywhere else, I suppose. Plus, this place has really lax rules, so that's another reason to have stayed.

16-10-2013, 08:02 PM
I'm still studying the relationship between Veridicanism, one massive thigh, and the Gwynnies. My brain says there's nothing there but my gut says different. Girly's been going with his gut for over 5 decades now. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
16-10-2013, 08:05 PM
(15-09-2010 10:06 PM)athnostic Wrote:  Huh? Tongue

I think that's very reasonable.

I'm here because I'm too chicken to tell anyone in my real life that I'm an atheist, so I use the forum as an outlet to keep my brain from exploding. It's nice to come here after a long day of biting my tongue.
I feel you there. I saw a shirt that says 'Please dont tell anyone that Im a closet atheist' Im thinking about buying that one, lol.
16-10-2013, 08:07 PM
(16-10-2013 08:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm still studying the relationship between Veridicanism, one massive thigh, and the Gwynnies. My brain says there's nothing there but my gut says different. Girly's been going with his gut for over 5 decades now. Big Grin

Gotta be the Gwynnies...don't need no Veridicanism or Marky Mark and Shakira. Gwynnies is all we need. Oh, and the prophet. Wink

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Im here to find truth and ways to sharpen the defense of my newly acquired atheism. I havent fully come out but Im starting to slowly. My mom and my fiance know, as do one friend and a cousin. I think it would destroy my grandparents so Im going to hold off on that one. I saw the "welcome to this world" video on youtube and found it speaking all the words in just the right way I wish I could say. I figured as I tried to arm myself with the 'truth' of the bible, I want to do the same with scientific knowledge and reason outside of my own intelligence.
16-10-2013, 08:21 PM
(16-10-2013 08:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-10-2013 08:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm still studying the relationship between Veridicanism, one massive thigh, and the Gwynnies. My brain says there's nothing there but my gut says different. Girly's been going with his gut for over 5 decades now. Big Grin

Gotta be the Gwynnies...don't need no Veridicanism or Marky Mark and Shakira. Gwynnies is all we need. Oh, and the prophet. Wink

I think that's right Angie. But why are Marky Mark and his Magnificent Ark and Ego® false prophets whereas the Prophet of the Gwynnies is true? I think it's cause only one of them got Tao.

Gwynnies is all we need. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
16-10-2013, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2013 09:06 PM by Anjele.)
(16-10-2013 08:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-10-2013 08:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Gotta be the Gwynnies...don't need no Veridicanism or Marky Mark and Shakira. Gwynnies is all we need. Oh, and the prophet. Wink

I think that's right Angie. But why are Marky Mark and his Magnificent Ark and Ego® false prophets whereas the Prophet of the Gwynnies is true? I think it's cause only one of them got Tao.

Gwynnies is all we need. Big Grin

The Prophet of the Gwynnies knows that he is a little off kilter and admits it freely. The other two thought they were the epitome of sane.

Not to mention, HoC is all about the Gwynnies whether we are or not. He doesn't need us to follow him. Marky Mark and Ego® needed validation from others.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post