[Image: eitheryoulikebaconsmoke_fullpic.png]

^ That's why. ^

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
04-03-2016, 10:55 AM
RE: Why aren't more atheists vegan?
US bills use a sizing agent made from animals... Better be buying everything in coins.
04-03-2016, 10:56 AM
Oh noes. I have to go see a therapist. I squished so many innocent beings (microscopic) animals out running this am, I think I can't go on. What am I to do ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-03-2016, 11:07 AM
(04-03-2016 10:56 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh noes. I have to go see a therapist. I squished so many innocent beings (microscopic) animals out running this am, I think I can't go on. What am I to do ?

Become an ultra devout Jane, and wear cheesecloth over your mouth so you don't inadvertently inhale any insects.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
04-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Agreed. We live in a society/world where it is virtually impossible to completely eliminate use of animals in a variety of ways. I do believe in doing the best I can to eliminate *my own* consumption of animals/animal products. You can be vegan and not be a martyr. It is possible.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
04-03-2016, 11:16 AM
(04-03-2016 10:55 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  US bills use a sizing agent made from animals... Better be buying everything in coins.

Really? That's really interesting! Can you post a link?
04-03-2016, 11:18 AM
(04-03-2016 11:09 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Agreed. We live in a society/world where it is virtually impossible to completely eliminate use of animals in a variety of ways. I do believe in doing the best I can to eliminate *my own* consumption of animals/animal products. You can be vegan and not be a martyr. It is possible.

I totally agree with this. We don't live in bubbles and can't avoid ALL harm, but I like to choose ways of living that decrease harm to others as much as possible (and in reasonable ways).
[+] 2 users Like rosieisaposie's post
04-03-2016, 11:23 AM
(04-03-2016 10:10 AM)rosieisaposie Wrote:  Is it that have not stated what I think fully or is there is just a lack of interest in why I think these things? And yes, I try to avoid animal products whenever it is reasonable to and whenever there is another option. I also try to purchase products that are cruelty free (as compared to a vegan product).

I think you have made your point quite clearly. However, you are not going to get an onslaught of people rushing to join the vegan movement. Many of us have been brought up on meat and are not willing to give it up nor are we willing to give up a comfortable pair of leather boots. I have the luxury of being able to buy meat [when I buy it and don't kill it myself] from an organic and very humane rancher. My family and I minimize eating animals that haven't been killed humanely. Having said that, when I go to the east coast I eat lobster that has been boiled alive and the same is true of crab on the west coast. However, when I order this stuff in a restaurant, it is so damned good, I don't think about how it was killed. Nevertheless, I always come back to the fact that their death is still more humane than being ripped apart by a predator in their natural environment. We eat a lot of fish in my house and wild caught fish don't fare well in the humane death department either. I'm sorry about that but I'm still going to eat them and so is my family.
04-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Rosieisaposie

You made me think and consider.

I hope that you made others think and consider.

It certainly caused some debate.

Good for you.

Am I going to become a vegan?

No.

Am I going to eat meat from responsibly sourced farms?

I already do.

Is there anything else that I can do?

Dunno but I'll certainly think seriously about what else I could do.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 5 users Like god has no twitter account's post
04-03-2016, 01:34 PM
(03-03-2016 06:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 02:50 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Do you stand by accusing OP of endorsing global totalitarianism to the point of forced population movements and mass slaughter?

Because seriously, where did that even come from?

All ecology is bottom-up.

To claim that increased efficiency in food production would lead to a decrease in total food production is nonsense. Period.

Read the book and you'll change your viewpoint.

Ps traveling, in airports/planes no time to elaborate further presently

Guy: it simply does not support the claims you made.
(ecological efficiency is non-negotiable, and since that isn't what you're arguing against, I don't entirely know what you're arguing for)

And it certainly doesn't explain the nonsensical totalitarian hypothetical you were presenting as if OP advocated it...

... this is my signature!