Why atheism makes my wife cry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2012, 11:21 PM
RE: Why atheism makes my wife cry
(02-05-2012 10:52 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  There was a time when I bought into Christian theology, and it didn't help me sleep soundly at night. Sure, I didn't fear my eternity after death, but I feared the sheer number of people dying every second who were going straight to eternal torment.

Nowadays, I fear death. It's instinctual and instills the value of self-preservation. I don't fear what will happen after death, nor do I fear what will happen to others after death... even to theists, 'cuz there's no atheist version of Hell. I still hate to think of all the people that die every second, though. Poor guys.

Lose that fear, brother.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-05-2012, 08:36 AM
(02-05-2012 11:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-05-2012 10:52 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  There was a time when I bought into Christian theology, and it didn't help me sleep soundly at night. Sure, I didn't fear my eternity after death, but I feared the sheer number of people dying every second who were going straight to eternal torment.

Nowadays, I fear death. It's instinctual and instills the value of self-preservation. I don't fear what will happen after death, nor do I fear what will happen to others after death... even to theists, 'cuz there's no atheist version of Hell. I still hate to think of all the people that die every second, though. Poor guys.

Lose that fear, brother.
Someone once said that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. He was right.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
03-05-2012, 08:50 AM

But it makes more room on the planet for the new guys.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post