Why can't I find a woman who is willing to serve me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2014, 10:14 AM
RE: Why can't I find a woman who is willing to serve me?
(12-10-2014 10:02 AM)Forbes Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 09:58 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm with WitchSabrina on this one.

Your word choices are a bit "off-putting."
You are the common denominator in the 0 for 12.

What is a less abrasive question that asks a similar question to your OP?
"Why can't I find a woman that respects me as a person?"

The point i'm making is that none of them wanted to do anything for me. If I asked them to bring me something from across the room, the response was usually "can't you get it yourself". If I asked for a simple favour the answer was usually no, or some excuse to try to avoid doing it.

That's not right. If you're with someone and you're happy for them to do stuff for you, the least you can do is show some kindness in return, but like I say i've always had trouble finding women who are willing to give as well as take. the whole idea is to serve each other, not just take advantage.

Your phrasing is still off-putting. Gets me bristled and makes me want to tell you to get your own damn drink/book/TV remote. It has the "Serve me, woman!" feel to it.

I do kind things for my husband all the time. He knows better than to demand for me to do anything for him. He also rarely has to ask, because it's one of the ways I show him I love him. For example, I'm trying to figure out what I'm cooking the family for dinner tonight.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
12-10-2014, 10:15 AM
If she is sitting next to you watching TV, and you say "bring me a beer", that is indeed serving and women have done it for centuries and do it no more.

In a good relationship, you have each other's back. Meaning that, if you have a broken ankle, in the same scenario, she will bring you the beer, food and whatever else needed, and if the roles were reversed, the same would apply.

A good relationship is not keeping book on who did what for whom and demanding unnecessary "services" to balance the sheet.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 9 users Like Dom's post
12-10-2014, 10:16 AM
(12-10-2014 09:30 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 09:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Answer 1: You might be looking on the wrong continent.

Dodgy

(12-10-2014 09:17 AM)pablo Wrote:  I can't tell if you're serious or joking. I hope you're joking.

Read his whole post. It's not as bad as it sounds Tongue

As for the OP, people always complain about not finding the kind of guy/girl they want. Sure, you may fall in love with girls who are not perfect, and of course you shouldn't expect any of them to be perfect.

Have you ever considered the possibility that, since you like doing stuff for girls, the ones you choose are the kind of girls who only want to be "served" and not offer anything back?

I did read the whole thing. Tongue He said he likes to do things for women as long as it doesn't put him out too much.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
12-10-2014, 10:17 AM
This 'serve' each other smells of religion doctrine.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
12-10-2014, 10:18 AM
(12-10-2014 10:16 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 09:30 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Dodgy

Read his whole post. It's not as bad as it sounds Tongue

As for the OP, people always complain about not finding the kind of guy/girl they want. Sure, you may fall in love with girls who are not perfect, and of course you shouldn't expect any of them to be perfect.

Have you ever considered the possibility that, since you like doing stuff for girls, the ones you choose are the kind of girls who only want to be "served" and not offer anything back?

I did read the whole thing. Tongue He said he likes to do things for women as long as it doesn't put him out too much.

And, as long as it's returned equally. It's not a 'gift' it's something that has to be paid for in kind.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-10-2014, 10:22 AM
(12-10-2014 10:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 10:16 AM)pablo Wrote:  I did read the whole thing. Tongue He said he likes to do things for women as long as it doesn't put him out too much.

And, as long as it's returned equally. It's not a 'gift' it's something that has to be paid for in kind.

Yeah.
.. Doing something kind for another should just be a kindness...freely given.

Maybe just put it out there without expecting something in return?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
12-10-2014, 10:27 AM
I couldn't respect any woman that's a doormat. I don't imagine many women could respect a man that's a doormat either.
[+] 4 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
12-10-2014, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 10:31 AM by Losty.)
(12-10-2014 10:02 AM)Forbes Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 09:58 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm with WitchSabrina on this one.

Your word choices are a bit "off-putting."
You are the common denominator in the 0 for 12.

What is a less abrasive question that asks a similar question to your OP?
"Why can't I find a woman that respects me as a person?"

The point i'm making is that none of them wanted to do anything for me. If I asked them to bring me something from across the room, the response was usually "can't you get it yourself". If I asked for a simple favour the answer was usually no, or some excuse to try to avoid doing it.

That's not right. If you're with someone and you're happy for them to do stuff for you, the least you can do is show some kindness in return, but like I say i've always had trouble finding women who are willing to give as well as take. the whole idea is to serve each other, not just take advantage.

Generally speaking a vanilla relationship is not some sort of equal exchange of services, but rather two people who love and/or care about each other spending their time together.

Regardless of whether or not you're into bdsm, you might look into M/s or D/s style relationships. There are plenty of women out there who are interested serving, you just have to look in the right place. For example if you ask one of these types of girls to get you something from across the room their answer might be "yes, Master" or "yes, Sir". If they hesitate in doing your bidding they would most likely expect you to punish them.

If that isn't something you're interested in, another option might be hiring a servant, maid, or personal assistant. You can then draw up a contract with them exchanging gifts and errand running for whatever services you wish to be returned to you. Most employees would rather have a paycheck but if you put an add on Craigslist you're sure to find someone who meets your needs.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
12-10-2014, 10:29 AM
(12-10-2014 10:22 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 10:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  And, as long as it's returned equally. It's not a 'gift' it's something that has to be paid for in kind.

Yeah.

At the same time though do somebody that does nothing for you deserve a "gift?"
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
12-10-2014, 10:38 AM
(12-10-2014 10:29 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 10:22 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Yeah.

At the same time though do somebody that does nothing for you deserve a "gift?"

Well personally i think gifts are gifts...meaning given with love & expecting nothing in return.
To expect something back indicates some entitlement.

I hate entitlement.

If you are loving & giving towards another and they dont act the same...it could be personality....not just intentional taking. I think it depends.

But if you require petting, gifts, affection and attention then you do. Its not wrong to require those things.
Because if you do .... You cant be happy till you find someone who is a giver.

Just my two cents worth.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post