Why can't I find a woman who is willing to serve me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2014, 10:40 AM
RE: Why can't I find a woman who is willing to serve me?
(12-10-2014 10:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 10:02 AM)Forbes Wrote:  That's not right. If you're with someone and you're happy for them to do stuff for you, the least you can do is show some kindness in return, but like I say i've always had trouble finding women who are willing to give as well as take. the whole idea is to serve each other, not just take advantage.

Where does this concept come from?

At a guess... TA (transactional analysis). If all human contacts can be defined as transactions, then all parties in a relationship can be defined in terms of Customer, Service Provider and Supplier

(12-10-2014 10:15 AM)Dom Wrote:  ...
In a good relationship, you have each other's back.

Not necessarily.

The win / win scenario only applies to higher value relationships.

Forbes,
What you have is a mismatch due to insufficient understanding of desired outcomes, constraints, boundaries etc. during the selection process and / or insufficient awareness of contract variations.

Have a go at categorising your past 12 relationships and see if there was a mismatch of expectations between you and the 12.

Supplier Categories are:
Strategic
Tactical
Operational
Commodity

It strikes me that you are looking for a strategic relationship but your 'others' saw you as an operational supplier... maybe not at first but perhaps later each relationship morphed into that.

Consider

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
12-10-2014, 10:42 AM
You know, I expected something so much more exciting when I opened this thread. Where is the entertainment?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
12-10-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty sure the OP is misusing the word "serve" and that he's not exactly looking for a servant, as many in here seem to think.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
12-10-2014, 10:50 AM
(12-10-2014 10:45 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'm pretty sure the OP is misusing the word "serve" and that he's not exactly looking for a servant, as many in here seem to think.

I agree.
Using that word can only create problems.
Still good convo tho.....dont you think?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
12-10-2014, 10:53 AM
(12-10-2014 10:45 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'm pretty sure the OP is misusing the word "serve" and that he's not exactly looking for a servant, as many in here seem to think.

Yea but that ruins what little fun we can find here.

I will add then that, if you're the type of guy that immediately starts off with gifts and favors and catering, then you're probably also the type of guy who attracts girls that expect to receive these things and don't feel obligated to reciprocate them. Just find a nice girl and take things slow with the serving until you find out if she's the kind of girl who can serve you the way you like to be served Wink

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 7 users Like Losty's post
12-10-2014, 11:04 AM
(12-10-2014 10:53 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  

Yea but that ruins what little fun we can find here.

I will add then that, if you're the type of guy that immediately starts off with gifts and favors and catering, then you're probably also the type of guy who attracts girls that expect to receive these things and don't feel obligated to reciprocate them. Just find a nice girl and take things slow with the serving until you find out if she's the kind of girl who can serve you the way you like to be served Wink

Bravo! Bowing

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
12-10-2014, 11:49 AM
(12-10-2014 10:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  This 'serve' each other smells of religion doctrine.

Mormon maybe?
12-10-2014, 11:52 AM
(12-10-2014 10:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  This 'serve' each other smells of religion doctrine.

It certainly does!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-10-2014, 12:49 PM
Funny thing, I am incredibly bossy. I tend to order my friends and family around, but when it comes to girls I like it just the opposite. I want a girl to order me around.

I think what you need is a submissive woman. That shouldn't be hard to find. Just look at how popular Fifty Shades of Grey is.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
12-10-2014, 12:55 PM
(12-10-2014 12:49 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I think what you need is a submissive woman. That shouldn't be hard to find. Just look at how popular Fifty Shades of Grey is.

Most men are submissive in the BDSM scene. For women it's more balanced.