Why can't I find a woman who is willing to serve me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2014, 12:59 PM
RE: Why can't I find a woman who is willing to serve me?
[Image: make20me20a20sandwich_xlarge.jpeg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-10-2014, 01:02 PM
(12-10-2014 10:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 10:02 AM)Forbes Wrote:  That's not right. If you're with someone and you're happy for them to do stuff for you, the least you can do is show some kindness in return, but like I say i've always had trouble finding women who are willing to give as well as take. the whole idea is to serve each other, not just take advantage.

Where does this concept come from?

Geez, cut the guy a little slack. Sad

I think his word choice is poor, but what I'm hearing is he wants a relationship where both parties want to do things for each other. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
12-10-2014, 01:04 PM
(12-10-2014 01:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 10:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Where does this concept come from?

Geez, cut the guy a little slack. Sad

I think his word choice is poor, but what I'm hearing is he wants a relationship where both parties want to do things for each other. Yes

I wonder if maybe English is not his first language. Would explain the poor word choice.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-10-2014, 01:13 PM
(12-10-2014 01:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I wonder if maybe English is not his first language. Would explain the poor word choice.

I wondered about that but Forbes is a Scottish name so I am assuming he's either Scottish, a Brit or an American.
12-10-2014, 01:28 PM
(12-10-2014 12:49 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Funny thing, I am incredibly bossy. I tend to order my friends and family around, but when it comes to girls I like it just the opposite. I want a girl to order me around.

I think what you need is a submissive woman. That shouldn't be hard to find. Just look at how popular Fifty Shades of Grey is.

Oh no, that's not what I want at all. All I want is a woman who is normal and reasonable, and reciprocates kindness.

The thing is, people choose their friends based on what they have to offer as friends. For example, I doubt if anyone would choose friends who never offer to help them out, or do all the other things that are considered to be what is expected of a friend.

If someone came to the realisation that their so called friend in fact didn't have the qualities of a friend, they would stop associating with them.

Likewise, the role of boyfriend, husband, girlfriend or wife has its own criteria. Although it's not quite the same as a platonic friendship, there are similarities, and if someone isn't prepared to do things for the benefit of the other, then they're not a good girlfriend, wife, boyfriend or husband.

I admit, I've foolishly chosen women who are not good girlfriend material, because they aren't prepared to serve the other person even though they're happy to be served, without reciprocating.

But that's not a huge issue just as long as I admit that, and I do. I can change that. But the real major problem is that I can't find anyone who isn't selfish and one sided. I live in London by the way.
12-10-2014, 02:00 PM
(12-10-2014 01:28 PM)Forbes Wrote:  But the real major problem is that I can't find anyone who isn't selfish and one sided. I live in London by the way.

That's probably your problem right there!
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
12-10-2014, 02:01 PM
(12-10-2014 02:00 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 01:28 PM)Forbes Wrote:  But the real major problem is that I can't find anyone who isn't selfish and one sided. I live in London by the way.

That's probably your problem right there!

Haha, yes you wouldn't be the first to tell me that. the UK really isn't a source of quality women, I'm starting to see that.
12-10-2014, 02:09 PM
(12-10-2014 02:01 PM)Forbes Wrote:  Haha, yes you wouldn't be the first to tell me that. the UK really isn't a source of quality women, I'm starting to see that.

There's plenty of quality women in the UK, but London is very much about aspirational living. The cost of living is so high, commuting takes such a long time, life becomes a matter of earning and spending to make the earning seem worthwhile. London's influence extends so far outwards though it can seem like it represents the whole of the UK.
12-10-2014, 02:10 PM
(12-10-2014 12:55 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 12:49 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I think what you need is a submissive woman. That shouldn't be hard to find. Just look at how popular Fifty Shades of Grey is.

Most men are submissive in the BDSM scene. For women it's more balanced.

I love that you know this. Tongue
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
12-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Forbes, you should really try dropping the word 'serve'. It sounds degrading. Try using 'give' instead. It makes it sound less one sided.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post