Why can't I find a woman who is willing to serve me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2014, 02:23 PM
RE: Why can't I find a woman who is willing to serve me?
(12-10-2014 02:18 PM)pablo Wrote:  Forbes, you should really try dropping the word 'serve'. It sounds degrading. Try using 'give' instead. It makes it sound less one sided.

I don't know why you think that. I'm perfectly happy to serve. All I ask is for the other person to do likewise, so that it's not one sided. I like to serve the needs and wants of others, and all I'd like is to be able to find someone who is willing to serve my needs too. I think that's fair and reasonable.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Clearly there a major piece of this little puzzle that we haven't heard about.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-10-2014, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 02:33 PM by pablo.)
(12-10-2014 02:23 PM)Forbes Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 02:18 PM)pablo Wrote:  Forbes, you should really try dropping the word 'serve'. It sounds degrading. Try using 'give' instead. It makes it sound less one sided.

I don't know why you think that. I'm perfectly happy to serve. All I ask is for the other person to do likewise, so that it's not one sided.

It's all about perception man. The idea you want to convey might be better expressed by using a word that is less subordinate sounding. She's not your employee for cryin' out loud.
You make me wonder what other phrases you're using. Do you have a habbit of reminding them about all the things you do for them when you want something? If you are I can see you not getting anywhere fast.
12-10-2014, 02:28 PM
(12-10-2014 02:23 PM)Forbes Wrote:  

I don't know why you think that. I'm perfectly happy to serve. All I ask is for the other person to do likewise, so that it's not one sided. I like to serve the needs and wants of others, and all I'd like is to be able to find someone who is willing to serve my needs too. I think that's fair and reasonable.

That's not the point, love. It just sounds wrong.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
12-10-2014, 02:33 PM
(12-10-2014 02:27 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 02:23 PM)Forbes Wrote:  I don't know why you think that. I'm perfectly happy to serve. All I ask is for the other person to do likewise, so that it's not one sided.

It's all about perception man. The idea you want to convey might be better expressed by using a word that is less subordinate sounding. She's not your employee for cryin' out loud.

Well ok but have you thought about what it feels like to serve someone who isn't willing to reciprocate? Imagine being asked to do something and you do it, then when you ask them to do something for you, you just get excuses. And not only that, but they don't ever go out of their way to do something nice without being asked. Wouldn't you feel like an employee?

The point I'm making is that a lot of women make me feel like an employee. Why? Because they're selfish. I'm not treating anyone like an employee. Quite the opposite, and the reverse, in fact.
12-10-2014, 02:37 PM
(12-10-2014 02:33 PM)Forbes Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 02:27 PM)pablo Wrote:  It's all about perception man. The idea you want to convey might be better expressed by using a word that is less subordinate sounding. She's not your employee for cryin' out loud.

Well ok but have you thought about what it feels like to serve someone who isn't willing to reciprocate? Imagine being asked to do something and you do it, then when you ask them to do something for you, you just get excuses. And not only that, but they don't ever go out of their way to do something nice without being asked.

Wouldn't you feel like an employee? The point I'm making is that a lot of women make me feel like an employee. Why? Because they're selfish. I'm not treating anyone like an employee. Quite the opposite, and the reverse, in fact.

In that case, don't be a doormat. Doing someone a favor doesn't nesscessarily mean they 'owe you one'.
12-10-2014, 02:43 PM
How about you look for some other word and try that out so that we can perhaps figure out what the issue is. If the only word that fits is 'serve' than you should hire a maid.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-10-2014, 02:45 PM
(12-10-2014 01:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 10:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Where does this concept come from?

Geez, cut the guy a little slack. Sad

I think his word choice is poor, but what I'm hearing is he wants a relationship where both parties want to do things for each other. Yes

At this point you would think he would have tried a different word to get his point across instead of "no, no - I mean serve, not serve."

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Have you considered a maid?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-10-2014, 02:54 PM
(12-10-2014 02:33 PM)Forbes Wrote:  
(12-10-2014 02:27 PM)pablo Wrote:  It's all about perception man. The idea you want to convey might be better expressed by using a word that is less subordinate sounding. She's not your employee for cryin' out loud.

Well ok but have you thought about what it feels like to serve someone who isn't willing to reciprocate? Imagine being asked to do something and you do it, then when you ask them to do something for you, you just get excuses. And not only that, but they don't ever go out of their way to do something nice without being asked. Wouldn't you feel like an employee?

The point I'm making is that a lot of women make me feel like an employee. Why? Because they're selfish. I'm not treating anyone like an employee. Quite the opposite, and the reverse, in fact.

They say if you don't like how you feel with another person its in YOU not them.....

Just sayin

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.