Why did God create Evil?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-01-2014, 06:29 AM
RE: Why did God create Evil?
(05-01-2014 05:30 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 10:35 AM)ReligionDiscussion.com Wrote:  How can an all-powerful (and good) God can allow evil to exist? If God is good, how can he will evil? If he is not good, how is he God? This paradox has perplexed critical thinkers though the ages.

I would contest this point has perplexed ZERO critical thinkers.

I would argue that this controversy arises where theologians attempt to become prophets. Angel

"All Good" can be seen as a human reaction to divine presence, but it ain't divine presence. Mofo stick his hand in a fire, it gets burnt. It doesn't "become fire."

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 07:02 AM
(05-01-2014 10:47 AM)alpha male Wrote:  God allows evil in order to make a more complete revelation of himself.
EXACTLY! God is EVIL!

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
Find all posts by this user
06-01-2014, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 01:04 PM by BlackMason.)
For the ones stuck on "how can god let evil abound" I'll give a short answer:

Isaiah 45:7- KJV Wrote:I form the light , and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

So it's all really simple. Because he can! That verse shows that he is not accountable to anyone or anything. G-motherfucking-O-D

Jokes aside, it does beg the question why theists blame Lucy Fur when their shit fucks up.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
06-01-2014, 12:58 PM
(05-01-2014 10:47 AM)alpha male Wrote:  God allows evil in order to make a more complete revelation of himself.

yeah............
Can't really Have a good guy unless there's a bad guy.

Thumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
06-01-2014, 01:12 PM
(06-01-2014 12:54 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  For the ones stuck on "how can god let evil abound" I'll give a short answer:

Isaiah 45:7- KJV Wrote:I form the light , and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

So it's all really simple. Because he can! That verse shows that he is not accountable to anyone or anything. G-motherfucking-O-D

Jokes aside, it does beg the question why theists blame Lucy Fur when their shit fucks up.
Since I am a former Catholic, I always look up verses like this one in the Catholic bible since I know that's what my family members will be referring to if I bring it up. Here's the same verse from the Catholic bible:

Isaiah 45:7 - Catholic version Wrote:I form the light, and create the darkness, I make well-being and create woe; I, the LORD, do all these things.
I'm always amazed at how the Catholic version usually doesn't sound as bad. They will tell you they have the most accurate translation because, you know, they have the infallible Pope and all. Rolleyes Personally, I think they have carefully softened many of the obviously objectionable parts. Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 6 users Like Impulse's post
07-01-2014, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 11:41 AM by BlackMason.)
(06-01-2014 01:12 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 12:54 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  For the ones stuck on "how can god let evil abound" I'll give a short answer:

Since I am a former Catholic, I always look up verses like this one in the Catholic bible since I know that's what my family members will be referring to if I bring it up. Here's the same verse from the Catholic bible:

Isaiah 45:7 - Catholic version Wrote:I form the light, and create the darkness, I make well-being and create woe; I, the LORD, do all these things.
I'm always amazed at how the Catholic version usually doesn't sound as bad. They will tell you they have the most accurate translation because, you know, they have the infallible Pope and all. Rolleyes Personally, I think they have carefully softened many of the obviously objectionable parts. Dodgy

Interesting...now if I was still a theist I'd be screaming from the roof tops, like my friend, that the catholic church is the terrible beast in the book of Daniel that will change the laws of god.

Daniel 7:25 KJV Wrote:And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the
most High, and think to change times and laws:
and they shall be given into his hand until a time
and times and the dividing of time.

But then again catholics believe that the church is above the bible.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
07-01-2014, 12:40 PM
(06-01-2014 07:02 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
EXACTLY! God is EVIL!

There are two paths, one to thingness, another to nothingness. One can only proselytize addition. My story anyway, a.k.a. one cannot market evil.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
07-01-2014, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 01:54 PM by IndianAtheist.)
(07-01-2014 12:40 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  There are two paths, one to thingness, another to nothingness. One can only proselytize addition. My story anyway, a.k.a. one cannot market evil.
well if we can't attribute anything to God then how the hell is that any different from total non-existence ?

If we attribute one quality for ex:loving the list of the anomalies just keeps getting bigger and the God hypothesis becomes ever so implausible.

I keep forgetting that scientifically God hypothesis is just a dud.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
07-01-2014, 03:41 PM
(07-01-2014 11:35 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 01:12 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Since I am a former Catholic, I always look up verses like this one in the Catholic bible since I know that's what my family members will be referring to if I bring it up. Here's the same verse from the Catholic bible:

Interesting...now if I was still a theist I'd be screaming from the roof tops, like my friend, that the catholic church is the terrible beast in the book of Daniel that will change the laws of god.

Daniel 7:25 KJV Wrote:And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the
most High, and think to change times and laws:
and they shall be given into his hand until a time
and times and the dividing of time.

But then again catholics believe that the church is above the bible.

We are all above the Bible.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
08-01-2014, 06:05 PM
There is a fundamental duality in the universe, a cosmic version of Newton's 3rd law, to every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction. Male/Female, Positive/Negative, Plus/Minus, Black/White, Matter/Anti-matter, Light/Dark, Left/Right, Up/Down....Good/Evil. It would seems pretty much everything in the universe has its counter-point.

Now as for the God question. Those of faith would have us believe that God is a omni cubed being, that he/she is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent (of the three, this one scares me the most as it conjures up Censored images best left in the dark recesses of ones mind Big Grin) in other words, all knowing, ever present and all powerful. He/She is also suppose to be the great architect of all reality, in that he/she designed and created everything, now this is import as it comes into play later.

God is also the embodiment of all that is good and pure, he/she is good personified, at least that is what we are lead to believe. Of course we must forget the bits of text in his/her book where he/she admits to being a jealous and vengeful god.

But God had a problem, given that he/she created a universe of duality, he/she needed evil and more importantly the personification of evil to act as a counter-balance and to highlight his/her goodness. So God was forced to first create evil and then have the ultimate patsy Lucifer become the embodiment of evil. When I say Lucifer is the ultimate patsy, I mean it. God the all powerful the all knowing created everything, including evil and Lucifer and God not only knew that Lucifer would rebel against him and thus become a fallen angel, God created Lucifer to just that, at least that is the story.

So while Lucifer aka Satan is suppose to be the embodiment of pure evil, one could argue that the actual embodiment of evil is none other then God him/herself, as he/she was the one that created and set in motion all the evils in then world. Basically, God him/herself rigged the game right from the start so that we poor mere mortals would fail, and rarely if ever meet his/her high standards.

Of course to believe this, you need to believe in an all powerful sky daddy and an almost equally powerful but not quite (as he has to lose the final battle between good and evil) devil residing just below your feet underground. If you do, then please drop me an IM, as I have a business opportunity and some real estate for sale to discuss with you, I promise, on God's word, you won't be disappointed. Evil_monster