Why did God create Evil?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-01-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: Why did God create Evil?
In order to give some kind of answer to this hypothetical question, I'll assume that a god exists.
I consider evil to be the willful cause of excessive harm and suffering upon others.

The god of the bible is evil. A god would create evil because he is evil. Simple as that really.

One creates what one desires to create.
This evil god desired to create life that has to kill and consume other life in order to nourish itself. That's evil.

As for why a god is evil ? That's easy. People are evil and people created this god.

Nuff said

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Because the world would be so boring without me in it! Evil_monster

Tongue

10-01-2014, 08:55 PM
(05-01-2014 10:35 AM)ReligionDiscussion.com Wrote:  Without evil, is there good? No, because the concepts are relative to each other. The presence of evil allows for the manifestation of good, that is, the manifestation of God.

I am uncertain if someone already mentioned it, because I have not read beyond the original post, but the above that I have quoted is a contradiction.

If there was nothing before your god created it all, then it was his choice to create evil. There was no need for him to create evil, so why did he?
11-01-2014, 07:57 AM
A few words on the whole "without evil there can be no good", as if evil is necessary.

A warm shower is good because it's pleasing to the touch.
I do not have to be scalded with very hot water to appreciate how good a warm shower feels.

I feel like I could go on and on about this topic, but I did say a few words.

~Fin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
11-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Y'all still going on with this shit-and-run pigeon's thread?

Big Grin

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
12-01-2014, 11:56 AM
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players."

Personally, I'm of the school of thought that we may be living in an ancestor simulation. That being said, this presupposes a creator or engineer who has had billions of years to perfect his creation.

In this play, good and evil are required to maintain the action. No story proceeds without rises and falls in the storyline. Evil is simply a method to advance the plot.

Once one accepts that we have no control over our lives, that something bigger dictates the action, life is suddenly much simpler. Anyone who thinks they control the direction of their lives is deluded.

Number One rule of the cosmos: order to disorder.

When we try to restore order out of chaos we only delay the inevitable: the return to chaos.

Our core drive is to destroy, which makes us inherently evil.
12-01-2014, 02:20 PM
(12-01-2014 11:56 AM)RRex Wrote:  "All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players."

Personally, I'm of the school of thought that we may be living in an ancestor simulation. That being said, this presupposes a creator or engineer who has had billions of years to perfect his creation.

In this play, good and evil are required to maintain the action. No story proceeds without rises and falls in the storyline. Evil is simply a method to advance the plot.

Once one accepts that we have no control over our lives, that something bigger dictates the action, life is suddenly much simpler. Anyone who thinks they control the direction of their lives is deluded.

Number One rule of the cosmos: order to disorder.

When we try to restore order out of chaos we only delay the inevitable: the return to chaos.

Our core drive is to destroy, which makes us inherently evil.

Speak for yourself.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
12-01-2014, 02:28 PM
(12-01-2014 11:56 AM)RRex Wrote:  Anyone who thinks they control the direction of their lives is deluded.

One who has admitted to being deluded does not qualify to claim that others are deluded.