Why did God do Satan’s bidding?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2012, 04:22 AM
RE: Why did God do Satan’s bidding?
(05-12-2012 03:48 PM)Denicio Wrote:  All this presupposes a god and devil.
It does indeed.
If I am to engage Christians on their theology, I have to go to their park.
Or do you think they will chat with me if I quote your Dark Overlord XENU?
Who do you quote when you engage them?
Or don't you have a social conscience that drives you to correct foolish thinking in your fellow man?
For the evils of religion to grow, all good people need do is nothing.
Regards
DL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2012, 04:28 AM
(05-12-2012 03:56 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  The Xian god is all knowing and powerful. That being the case god isn't doing Satan' bidding. He knows what Satan is doing and why. Once god thinks it is time to come out of retirement he'll come back in one of his 3 iterations and Satan is in trouble. Not like "time out mister" trouble, I'm talking like lake of fire trouble.
Promises are a dime a dozen.

Why would God favor evil over good by letting Satan free, have dominion over mankind with his God given power to deceive us all?
Satan was condemen a long time ago. Justice delayed is justice denied.
Do you agree?
Regards
DL
06-12-2012, 04:33 AM
(05-12-2012 07:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-12-2012 05:28 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Cause a buncha monkeys too stupid to understand god. Angel

Interesting stuff that Job book. The first book they wrote that ended up in the Babble. It reflects the post Exilic period, where no one could explain how, if Yahweh really WAS all powerful, (patron of the Hebrews), he could have allowed the Assyrians to drag off the "buncha monkeys" from their homes. So they make up a whole lotta shit to rationalize it all. It also proves, that in ancient Isra-el, Yahweh was only one of the "divine" ;beings, and that there was a whole lotta others, and Yahweh got his undies in quite the bunch if he saw they were worshipping the other ones.
Monotheism. Shmonotheism.
Even as late as Jesus' day, they STILL thought there were "orders" (levels) of divine beings, and just as in the Greek myths, they battled each other for supremacy.

Tongue
Speaking of which, the Book of Job is our current topic in my religion class. It was even part of my German exam when we had to compare the bet between Satan and God in Job with that in Goethe's "Faust". Anyway, I was surprised and pleased at the same time when my religion teacher said that Yahweh was just one of many gods, because the Israelites were polytheists. I didn't expect her to know that, to be honest.

One thing I like about my religion course is that we study criticism of religion extensively (I held a presentation on Christopher Hitchens); yet one thing that disappoints me is that we never discussed why you should believe in god, despite of the complete absence of a reason to do so.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
06-12-2012, 04:35 AM
(05-12-2012 05:40 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  The Spongians simply pick and choose utilizing what they see acceptable to their group rationales.
You can do the same with historians, philosophers, poets, ethicists etc.
Essentially your moral convictions cannot exceed your own rationality,unless you follow so called gurus, parrot fashion.
I agree.
What are your foremost essential moral convictions?
Do unto others is what many have and that is from some guru.
Regards
DL
06-12-2012, 04:40 AM
(05-12-2012 05:42 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(05-12-2012 03:43 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Fellow believers and Gnostic Christians like me; if you are a literalist or fundamental Christian or idol
worship the God you have found in the Bible, I urge you to think of the story of Job and note from the wording that God is being manipulated by Satan.
I want whatever you're smoking. That has got to be some high-quality shit.

The evidence you're citing for this is the bible, while at the same time you're suggesting that the bible isn't to be trusted. Do you even understand why this doesn't make sense?
Do you understand why I would write a criticism against religions in the first place?
Do you ever do so in a believer forum?
If so, why?
Regards
DL