Why did God make so many idiots?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 08:23 AM
RE: Why did God make so many idiots?
(13-02-2013 08:12 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Oblivious to the end, PJ, aren't you?
If I am oblivious, it is not willfully so....
So it is a handicap then! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2013, 09:10 AM
(13-02-2013 08:12 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Oblivious to the end, PJ, aren't you?
If I am oblivious, it is not willfully so. The Bible explains that Atheists are willfully oblivious. Smile

Translation:

My ignorant superstitious book of fables says that anybody that disagrees with it claims is wrong, regardless of the evidence.

That you don't see how convenient, and patently fallacious, this line of argumentation is speaks volumes about your intellectual development (or lack thereof). Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-02-2013, 09:14 AM
If I am was a conditional statement. I'm nearly oblivious to Atheist patter that repeats over and again it's assertion that life is near-meaningless!
13-02-2013, 09:18 AM
(13-02-2013 09:14 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If I am was a conditional statement. I'm nearly oblivious to Atheist patter that repeats over and again it's assertion that life is near-meaningless!

Life is as meaningful as you make it. You prefer to have your meaning dictated to you by a 2000+ year old story book written by ignorant nomads. Most everyone else here has found meaning in their lives in other ways, most of which don't require unsubstantiated claims about the nature of reality. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-02-2013, 09:51 AM
(13-02-2013 09:14 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If I am was a conditional statement. I'm nearly oblivious to Atheist patter that repeats over and again it's assertion that life is near-meaningless!
Life is what you make of it...do you have children PJ? Do you not have family and friends? how is this meaningless?

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
13-02-2013, 09:52 AM
There is no "IF" there, PJ, as you proved it by your assertion that predation happened AFTER the mythical flood. No
13-02-2013, 09:59 AM
(13-02-2013 05:24 AM)Zat Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 09:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Adhering to ID, if God did create humans imperfect, then "idiots" would be part of an intelligent design; moreover, the theology side shows intentional imperfection because of the existence of sin.
Thank you, KC, you proved my point for me! Thumbsup

He did it on purpose!!!

That makes him a real bastard!
Again, no.

Sin is designed for a purpose. Without sin, we would all be God. For Christ's purpose to be fulfilled, there needed to be sin. If God just created us all without sin, He would just be recreating Himself.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-02-2013, 10:00 AM
Meaningless after it is done. Meaningless in that I love my children and friends, and my enemies--something an Atheist cannot do Smile -- but in a naturalist's sense, love is meaningless biochemical feelings that mostly weaken my survival. If I'm starving to death, I should die and give my children food? My spouse? Be consistent. Each of you HAS to be a Darwinist if you are a freethinker. Love is for the weak and unwilling.
13-02-2013, 10:06 AM
(13-02-2013 09:59 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Sin is designed for a purpose. Without sin, we would all be God.
I am afraid, this is completely circular -- god is sinful (for creating sinful beings).

Therefore, without sin, we would be god who is sinful, so we would be sinful too, but then we couldn't be without sin........ Huh
[+] 1 user Likes Zat's post
13-02-2013, 10:07 AM
(12-02-2013 09:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
  1. Nowhere in the Bible does it state God as being omnibenevolent.
  2. Humans are not perfect.
  3. Humans are not omniscient.
  4. "Being an idiot" is completely relative and is a piss-poor standard to gauge anything by.
  5. Even from the argument of ID, "idiots" do not discredit it because of simple theology and logic - if humans aren't perfect, then it is expected that there will be "idiots".
  6. Adhering to ID, if God did create humans imperfect, then "idiots" would be part of an intelligent design; moreover, the theology side shows intentional imperfection because of the existence of sin.

The irony here is that your question could easily be conisider "idiotic" under the basic knowledge of simple theology. But you aren't an idiot because you can't gauge someone on something so relative.

I would suggest studying a little theology before making that type of statement.

Your question is akin to, "if we evoled from monkeys, then why do we still have monkeys?"

It's a logical conclusion reached through ignorance and lack of knowledge on the subject matter.
"Nowhere in the Bible does it state God as being omnibenevolent"
Fair enough. But he is supposed to love me, no? I am aware that one must sometimes punish those you love in order to teach them how to behave, but some people are "punished" for no apparent reason. And how exactly does making love conditional make it love?

"Humans are not perfect."
I don't think Zat was trying to imply that humans would be made perfect, but that humans are arguably not just imperfect, but flawed if the product of design or indeed even guided evolution.

"Humans are not omniscient."

Right. But there is supposedly a book that humans can posses that is supposed to contain all the answers. Would that not imply that a human + a bible = something approaching omniscience? How then does the creation of science, by man, make sense if that book truly contained all the necessary info and all the answers?

"'Being an idiot' is completely relative and is a piss-poor standard to gauge anything by."
Granted, but this is an atheist site, so that was kind of inevitable for god to be called an idiot for making idiots. Tongue

"Even from the argument of ID, "idiots" do not discredit it because of simple theology and logic - if humans aren't perfect, then it is expected that there will be "idiots"."

Which is why ID is not science and why religion has no science in it. It is not falsifiable.

"Adhering to ID, if God did create humans imperfect, then "idiots" would be part of an intelligent design; moreover, the theology side shows intentional imperfection because of the existence of sin."
That is the same point as the one above really and has the same response.

"The irony here is that your question could easily be conisider(sic) "idiotic" under the basic knowledge of simple theology. But you aren't an idiot because you can't gauge someone on something so relative."
Of course you can gauge something under something so relative. We do that all the time. That is why we have differing political systems, different countries, etc. They are all divided based on arbitrary and relative scales. We live in a relative world man.

"Your question is akin to, "if we evoled(sic) from monkeys, then why do we still have monkeys?" It's a logical conclusion reached through ignorance and lack of knowledge on the subject matter."
When there exists no consensus opinion among theists as to the answer to any given question (such as the one above), then even the study of theology is relative. So, someone who studied it might still be well informed and educated on the matter and come up with that same logical conclusion. That is because the study of evolution and the aforementioned question on monkeys, is an objectively absurd and stupid question. Because we can objectively measure and learn about evolution. You can't with theology, otherwise there would be only one religion.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley