Why did God make so many idiots?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: Why did God make so many idiots?
(13-02-2013 10:31 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 09:59 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Sin is designed for a purpose. Without sin, we would all be God. For Christ's purpose to be fulfilled, there needed to be sin. If God just created us all without sin, He would just be recreating Himself.
Humans without sin would still be mere humans, not supernatural, omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient deities. Your argument makes little to no sense.
Fair enough assessment. Maybe I jumped to a conclusion.

But also, sin is the reason why we can never be those things. It has nothing to do with being human... well, it does... but it doesn't... because being human is being incorporated with sin... without sin, we would be like God.

Jesus describes this in John (I think it's John... yeah, when He's praying). Through Christ, we become one with God but the effects of sin are still ever present.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2013, 10:44 AM
(13-02-2013 10:39 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 10:31 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Humans without sin would still be mere humans, not supernatural, omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient deities. Your argument makes little to no sense.

But also, sin is the reason why we can never be those things. It has nothing to do with being human... well, it does... but it doesn't... because being human is being incorporated with sin... without sin, we would be like God.

Jesus describes this in John (I think it's John... yeah, when He's praying). Through Christ, we become one with God but the effects of sin are still ever present.
But God did not make a bunch of mini-gods when he made organisms. Ergo, he would have never made them capable of being omniscient, otherwise there would have been no need for the tree of good and evil because the discovery of its secrets would have been inevitable.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
13-02-2013, 10:48 AM
(13-02-2013 10:39 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Fair enough assessment. Maybe I jumped to a conclusion.

I think I'm missing something here, because it seems to me that you merely repeated what you said in your last post.

Humans aren't omniscient because our brains can only store so much information.
Humans aren't omnipotent because our muscles can only lift so much weight.
Humans aren't omnipresent because our bodies can only be so big.

What separates us from your proposed god is our natural body and our abilities, as opposed to god's supernatural body and his abilities. Sin is only a minor difference at best.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
13-02-2013, 10:50 AM
(13-02-2013 09:14 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If I am was a conditional statement. I'm nearly oblivious to Atheist patter that repeats over and again it's assertion that life is near-meaningless!
Can you name an atheist who says that life is meaningless? Of course this would require video, audio or text written by them to corroborate the claim . . .

There is no great "meaning of life" but that does not make it meaningless. Each individual person decides what makes their life meaningful. That is one of the great things about being an Atheist.

(13-02-2013 09:59 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 05:24 AM)Zat Wrote:  ...

Thank you, KC, you proved my point for me! Thumbsup

He did it on purpose!!!

That makes him a real bastard!
Again, no.

Sin is designed for a purpose. Without sin, we would all be God. For Christ's purpose to be fulfilled, there needed to be sin. If God just created us all without sin, He would just be recreating Himself.
"Without sin, we would all be God."

Correct me if I am wrong, but before Adam and Eve ate that fruit they were sinless were they not? Yet they were not God, merely humans made in his image created by the big cheese himself.

(13-02-2013 10:00 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Meaningless after it is done. Meaningless in that I love my children and friends, and my enemies--something an Atheist cannot do Smile -- but in a naturalist's sense, love is meaningless biochemical feelings that mostly weaken my survival. If I'm starving to death, I should die and give my children food? My spouse? Be consistent. Each of you HAS to be a Darwinist if you are a freethinker. Love is for the weak and unwilling.
Again, what (mentally stable) Atheist has ever said this.

I would not go as far as Vera and say that no Atheist has enemies as that would require more evidence than I can provide. Speaking for myself, the closest thing I have to enemies are people I dislike but do not wish them harm. If I dislike someone I merely avoid them. No harm, no foul.

Love and friendship are both things that aid survival in the Darwinist sense of things. It is not the individual that matters in evolution terms, it is the species or the community, and individuals that love their friends and family will be more willing to make sacrifices that benefit the community as a whole, aiding that communities survival. We are social animals, and this sense of society and the feeling of love was one of the key things that helped us evolve into what we are today.
13-02-2013, 10:53 AM
(13-02-2013 10:39 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 10:31 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Humans without sin would still be mere humans, not supernatural, omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient deities. Your argument makes little to no sense.

There is no such thing as sin.
There is wrong doing, there is cruelty, there is violation of others, there is dishonesty.

Sin? Not very original. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
13-02-2013, 11:37 AM
(13-02-2013 10:00 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Meaningless after it is done. Meaningless in that I love my children and friends, and my enemies--something an Atheist cannot do Smile -- but in a naturalist's sense, love is meaningless biochemical feelings that mostly weaken my survival. If I'm starving to death, I should die and give my children food? My spouse? Be consistent. Each of you HAS to be a Darwinist if you are a freethinker. Love is for the weak and unwilling.

You sad, ignorant, dumbass. If you even remotely cared to actually LEARN, you could figure this out with a few minutes of Google searches. We live in the information age, and your purposeful ignorance is something to be ashamed of.

[Image: 558479_425710227476584_307483147_n.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
13-02-2013, 12:33 PM
[quote]You sad, ignorant, dumbass. If you even remotely cared to actually LEARN, you could figure this out with a few minutes of Google searches. We live in the information age, and your purposeful ignorance is something to be ashamed of.[quote]
I could figure what out on Google? That competition is now removed from Evolution? Really?
13-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Quote:I love it when someone tells me what I am, and am not, capable of. Fortunately your prejudice against those who don't worship your god is nothing more than your own shallow thinking. Someone who "loves his enemies" doesn't tell them their lives are meaningless. That they think love is a weak, biochemical trait. That they're not capable of forgiveness. You contradict yourself at every turn, which is understandable since your god does the same thing.
1. You're not my enemy.
2. Yes, I'm concretely telling you life is meaningless once it has ended. Yes.
3. You think "love is a weak, biochemical trait". Are you not a Darwinist, please?
13-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Re: Why did God make so many idiots?
Life's meaning is what you make of it. Life is about surviving and reproducing and then helping your offspring survive.

Love is an emotion. Emotions are chemical interactions within our brains. We know this via science. You claim something else, provide evidence of your claim.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
13-02-2013, 12:55 PM
(13-02-2013 12:33 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:You sad, ignorant, dumbass. If you even remotely cared to actually LEARN, you could figure this out with a few minutes of Google searches. We live in the information age, and your purposeful ignorance is something to be ashamed of.
Quote:I could figure what out on Google? That competition is now removed from Evolution? Really?

This is why you are a near complete and total fucking idiot. You can't be bothered to even know enough about what you're trying to disparage to mock it with even a faint veneer of intelligence. Your entire flaccid criticism is built upon a flawed and shallow understanding of evolution that wouldn't even pass for a middle school level of comprehension. Yet you think parroting your half baked assertions is going to fly here? Even the other theists here can see what a total and absolute hack you are!

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]