Why did God make so many idiots?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 01:00 PM
RE: Why did God make so many idiots?
Quote:This is why you are a near complete and total fucking idiot. You can't be bothered to even know enough about what you're trying to disparage to mock it with even a faint veneer of intelligence. Your entire flaccid criticism is built upon a flawed and shallow understanding of evolution that wouldn't even pass for a middle school level of comprehension. Yet you think parroting your half baked assertions is going to fly here? Even the other theists here can see what a total and absolute hack you are!
Forgive then, my lay understanding of Evolution? Is competition now removed from Evolution? I missed that in school...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2013, 01:02 PM
(13-02-2013 01:00 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I missed that in school...
You missed a LOT more than that in school -- it appears.

Still evading my question? Yes
[+] 2 users Like Zat's post
13-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:Life's meaning is what you make of it. Life is about surviving and reproducing and then helping your offspring survive.

Love is an emotion. Emotions are chemical interactions within our brains. We know this via science. You claim something else, provide evidence of your claim.
Ah, I see. Let's be consistent then:
Quote:Life's meaning is what you make of it.
Then if a Hitler kills everyone except Aryans, that solves it for the Aryans, does it not?
Quote:Life is about surviving and reproducing and then helping your offspring survive.
Then to be consistent you are surely pro life on the abortion question...?
Quote:Love is an emotion. Emotions are chemical interactions within our brains. We know this via science. You claim something else, provide evidence of your claim.
Well, "loving" marriages stay in force/fidelity, often long after some of the inital response/feelings are gone. By making love mere emotion and not tangible commitment, you reduce it to a childlike level. "Baby, I'm out, I just don't feel you anymore." Please explain if you disagree. Thank you.
13-02-2013, 01:10 PM
(13-02-2013 01:03 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Then if a Hitler kills everyone except Aryans, that solves it for the Aryans, does it not?
[Image: godwin-cat-4e5ea5d-intro.png]

You seem to be getting really desperate, PleaseshutthefuckupJesus.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
13-02-2013, 01:12 PM
(13-02-2013 01:03 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Life's meaning is what you make of it. Life is about surviving and reproducing and then helping your offspring survive.

Love is an emotion. Emotions are chemical interactions within our brains. We know this via science. You claim something else, provide evidence of your claim.
Ah, I see. Let's be consistent then:
Quote:Life's meaning is what you make of it.
Then if a Hitler kills everyone except Aryans, that solves it for the Aryans, does it not?
Quote:Life is about surviving and reproducing and then helping your offspring survive.
Then to be consistent you are surely pro life on the abortion question...?
Quote:Love is an emotion. Emotions are chemical interactions within our brains. We know this via science. You claim something else, provide evidence of your claim.
Well, "loving" marriages stay in force/fidelity, often long after some of the inital response/feelings are gone. By making love mere emotion and not tangible commitment, you reduce it to a childlike level. "Baby, I'm out, I just don't feel you anymore." Please explain if you disagree. Thank you.
People always jump to the Catholic Hitler and his final solution. Look, if Hitler had succeeded and had rid the world of all but the Aryan race, the Aryan race would have benefited due to a lack of competition, but would have been severely limited in its gene pool as a result of the loss of the majority of it (Africans in the central African areas have the highest genetic diversity). In over-simplified terms, it would have appeared as though Hitler's final solution would have been good, but would have been bad in the long run for the Aryan race. Furthermore, the notion of "races" is an arbitrary concept. We are all the same species, so Hitler's solution would have been counter to the survival of ALL humans.

Abortion is not a simple question. Is the fetus viable? Is the parent capable of taking care of a child? Go look at nature. Rats will eat their young if stressed and other animals will abandon their young if they are malnourished. Even humans will stop producing breast milk if the mother is malnourished. It is a survival response to preserve the life of the adult in order to have a chance at reproducing labor. You are trying to oversimplify abortion. Life's first tendency is to preserve life, that starts with the survival of the individual AND THEN extends to the survival of family.

Who said love and emotions were only felt at individual instances? Memories can invoke emotions and one can still feel emotions for someone that is no longer alive. Even someone who has fallen out of love with another person can remember instances when they loved them. I have a few exes I can do that with. Do I currently love them? No. Did I once? Yes.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
13-02-2013, 01:30 PM
(13-02-2013 10:22 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 02:55 PM)kim Wrote:  I love my children and friends, and my enemies--something an Atheist cannot do
No, we can't, because we do not live in a world of us (the saved, the chosen, those upon whom god has smiled, the superior) and them (the heathens, the unrepentant, the inferior). We also do not worship someone according to whom : "Anyone who isn't with me opposes me, and anyone who isn't working with me is actually working against me."

We do not have enemies. Adults who think fairy-tales are true, on the other hand, do. And heaps of them, too.

Uh... whoa! NOOOOOOooooo.... I had nothing to do with writing THAT! Typo, beautiful Vera, typo. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
13-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:People always jump to the Catholic Hitler and his final solution. Look, if Hitler had succeeded and had rid the world of all but the Aryan race, the Aryan race would have benefited due to a lack of competition, but would have been severely limited in its gene pool as a result of the loss of the majority of it (Africans in the central African areas have the highest genetic diversity). In over-simplified terms, it would have appeared as though Hitler's final solution would have been good, but would have been bad in the long run for the Aryan race. Furthermore, the notion of "races" is an arbitrary concept. We are all the same species, so Hitler's solution would have been counter to the survival of ALL humans.
No, race is not an arbitrary concept. It's rooted in Evolution, and it is disgusting. How much of the world's problems would be solved if "race" was not imposed on the world. Do you disagree?
Quote:Abortion is not a simple question. Is the fetus viable? Is the parent capable of taking care of a child? Go look at nature. Rats will eat their young if stressed and other animals will abandon their young if they are malnourished. Even humans will stop producing breast milk if the mother is malnourished. It is a survival response to preserve the life of the adult in order to have a chance at reproducing labor. You are trying to oversimplify abortion. Life's first tendency is to preserve life, that starts with the survival of the individual AND THEN extends to the survival of family.
So thanks, I have better context on your assertion. You do think we should let the children starve if we only have food for one?
Quote:Who said love and emotions were only felt at individual instances? Memories can invoke emotions and one can still feel emotions for someone that is no longer alive. Even someone who has fallen out of love with another person can remember instances when they loved them. I have a few exes I can do that with. Do I currently love them? No. Did I once? Yes.
I see. So you would tell your spouse tomorrow on the 14th, "Happy Valentine's... no wait, that's St. Valentinus, so Happy 14th of Feb... I don't love you anymore, because love is a mere emotion, but I can call with fondness when I used to love you..." Your bed must be warm at home, my friend.
13-02-2013, 01:38 PM
(13-02-2013 01:30 PM)kim Wrote:  Uh... whoa! NOOOOOOooooo.... I had nothing to do with writing THAT!

My bad!
[Image: hFB45E486]
Quote:beautiful Vera
[Image: taunt.gif]

Where? I'd like to meet her.

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
13-02-2013, 01:38 PM
I wish god made one less idiot!
[+] 2 users Like Zat's post
13-02-2013, 01:43 PM
(13-02-2013 01:36 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  because love is a mere emotion
So, if love isn't an emotion, what is it then? A vegetable?

[Image: carrot-love.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post