Why did God make so many idiots?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2013, 02:34 PM
RE: Why did God make so many idiots?
(11-02-2013 02:33 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 02:30 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Because he doesn't want his creations thinking about it too hard. Just have faith brother. Thumbsup
Brother Zat! Sounds cool! Bowing
We're all just bros. Sup brah!

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:How nice of him to give me the "free will" to love him or roast in hell...
Straw man. THAT is not the "choice". You make it sound like a lack of feeling drives one to be lost.

Try:

A person presents themselves to me as an amorous (in the agape sense) stranger. They then step in front of a bus, pushing me out of the way, proclaiming their love for me, and saying as final words, "Now make your life count, bro!"

Then I spend the next 20 years on forums decrying their love for me, saying I'm better than them, smarter than them, don't need them, and they never even existed. The bus coming to kill me was all in someone's imagination, etc.

Then the stranger's brothers come to me, begging, pleading, praying, helping, serving. I tell them all to go jump in a lake. I say the brothers have no right to grieve for the lost brother or to celebrate his life. I assault their senses with vicious attacks. I call them every name under the sun. The brothers than try to continue to win me over with their (admittedly finite) logic, with love, with prayer, with gifts.

I'm not suprised when a Christian says, "What else could Jesus do?"
11-02-2013, 02:38 PM
(11-02-2013 02:36 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Straw man. THAT is not the "choice".
So how about answering my last question?

You may win a convert here if you are very, very good!
11-02-2013, 02:39 PM
(11-02-2013 02:36 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:How nice of him to give me the "free will" to love him or roast in hell...
Straw man. THAT is not the "choice". You make it sound like a lack of feeling drives one to be lost.

Try:

A person presents themselves to me as an amorous (in the agape sense) stranger. They then step in front of a bus, pushing me out of the way, proclaiming their love for me, and saying as final words, "Now make your life count, bro!"

Then I spend the next 20 years on forums decrying their love for me, saying I'm better than them, smarter than them, don't need them, and they never even existed. The bus coming to kill me was all in someone's imagination, etc.

Then the stranger's brothers come to me, begging, pleading, praying, helping, serving. I tell them all to go jump in a lake. I say the brothers have no right to grieve for the lost brother or to celebrate his life. I assault their senses with vicious attacks. I call them every name under the sun. The brothers than try to continue to win me over with their (admittedly finite) logic, with love, with prayer, with gifts.

I'm not suprised when a Christian says, "What else could Jesus do?"

Well, the bus is, in fact, in your imagination. No one died to save my life.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2013, 02:40 PM
It is not a straw-man. It is a simplification of the argument that if the bible is true, then god did not give anyone free will. You were either made capable of believing, or made incapable of believing. If you are created by an omnipotent and omniscient god, then you have no free will.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-02-2013, 02:43 PM
(11-02-2013 02:14 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Aren't you really asking, "Why did God allow so many people the free will to act like idiots?"

Since it is my "free will" to act like an idiot then, presumably, I could use the same "free will" to act as a genius -- COOL!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Zat's post
11-02-2013, 02:48 PM
To be a good person, you have to return the knowledge stollen from the tree... Thats why statistics show Atheists are the most intelligent, everybody else gave it back for atonement.. er something.

Obviously I jest.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
11-02-2013, 02:49 PM
My son, I truly say to you:

There are no idiots to a father's eyes.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
11-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Not only did God make idiots, He also likes them best:
Quote: Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
is the first beatitude, before even the mourners and cheesemakers.

It's only the apologists who will tell you that God "allows" babies to be born with brain damage, or be so malnourished and neglected that they never develop properly. It's only the apologists who tell you that everything good comes from God and everything bad is your own fault. They relieve God of responsibility for the brief brutishness of life in this vale of tears, because they want Him to be all sweet & cuddly. God Himself isn't a bit abashed to throw undeserved thunderbolts around... because, like He said to Job: "Iyam What Iyam - suck it up!".

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
11-02-2013, 02:50 PM
So, an apple a day keeps the doctor away is really about apples and intelligence and how doctors can't be near apples anymore? Undecided

—Thomas Henry Huxley