Why did God make so many idiots?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2013, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 03:10 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: Why did God make so many idiots?
(13-02-2013 11:25 PM)kim Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 06:08 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  I was basing my comments on what kim said, I have no idea what you said. It isnt about you really its about what Kim said.
[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Dodgy

ALL HAIL GRUMPY CAT!

:EDIT:

Glad you liked the GIF. While I can't take credit for the Grumpy Cat superimposed onto Monty Python, I did make the animation myself in Photoshop. Cool

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-02-2013, 01:43 AM
(13-02-2013 03:40 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:I don't see subjective morality as an issue. That just means we think about it.
On this forum, sure. In Congress? With the President? Dare I say "slippery slope?"
Quote:Pedophilia is an issue that seems to pop up over and over again in religious communities. It doesn't seem to matter if religion condemns it or not, people behave on their own and act upon their own emotions and instincts.
I would agree except where religious tomes act upon the conscience or inform the conscience.
Quote:Where in the Bible is pedophilia deemed evil by the way?
From memory? The prohibitions against incest in the Law apply to children, but that could be children of any age. I think of Jesus's warnings about causing a child to stumble. Abused children, as we know, grow up to have a host of problems and have to work extra hard--to end the abuse cycle, to overcome guilt and etc.
Found a thought provoking page on this:
http://www.gotquestions.org/pedophilia.html

[Image: tumblr_mgovw7Awl31r6lsm9o1_500.gif]

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-02-2013, 07:31 AM
I can't argue election here. If I'm debating a Calvinist, both of our camps begin with the Bible is univocal and teaches one or the other but not both.
The hermeneutics on this forum are of such low quality from non-Christians--no one will even accept that context is necessary as the Bible teaches in passages, not individual verses--that it would be a pointless discussion.
Re: paedophilia, there is no injunction against paedophilia but there are admonitions against hurting children. Only in a post-Christian society is it a necessity to "tell" degenerates paedophilia is a horror.
14-02-2013, 07:35 AM
(14-02-2013 07:31 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I can't argue election here. If I'm debating a Calvinist, both of our camps begin with the Bible is univocal and teaches one or the other but not both.
The hermeneutics on this forum are of such low quality from non-Christians--no one will even accept that context is necessary as the Bible teaches in passages, not individual verses--that it would be a pointless discussion.
Re: paedophilia, there is no injunction against paedophilia but there are admonitions against hurting children. Only in a post-Christian society is it a necessity to "tell" degenerates paedophilia is a horror.

[Image: AqPd4XwCEAA0iix.jpg:large]

And take all your crap with you. Go preach and raise money to build more god's brothels, sorry, churches, instead. You're wasting your time here. And more importantly - you're wasting ours.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
14-02-2013, 08:21 AM
(14-02-2013 07:31 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I can't argue election here. If I'm debating a Calvinist, both of our camps begin with the Bible is univocal and teaches one or the other but not both.
What constitutes being a "kid" in the bible? You have completely ignored that part of my response (along with a lot of other stuff but let's just see if you will acknowledge this one).

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
14-02-2013, 08:44 AM
lol

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
14-02-2013, 08:47 AM
No one accepts anything out of the bible on this forum (except for KC) because it has never been demonstrated to be anything more than a collection of myths, superstitions, and customs for bronze age peoples living in the Middle East.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
14-02-2013, 08:48 AM
I forgot to include this
[Image: CtipW.gif]

—Thomas Henry Huxley
14-02-2013, 08:49 AM
It's funny that a thread I created out of revenge, seems to be going on forever!

I guess the topic is close to many hearts! Big Grin
14-02-2013, 08:52 AM
(14-02-2013 08:49 AM)Zat Wrote:  It's funny that a thread I created out of revenge, seems to be going on forever!

I guess the topic is close to many hearts! Big Grin
Well, it certainly is not closely associated with some peoples brains. Dodgy

—Thomas Henry Huxley