Why did God make so many idiots?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2013, 09:33 AM
RE: Why did God make so many idiots?
Quote:What constitutes being a "kid" in the bible? You have completely ignored that part of my response (along with a lot of other stuff but let's just see if you will acknowledge this one).
A good question, that. There is no numerical age given that I can recall. We know how old a Bar Mitzvah was when he was considered an adult member of the covenant...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:No one accepts anything out of the bible on this forum (except for KC) because it has never been demonstrated to be anything more than a collection of myths, superstitions, and customs for bronze age peoples living in the Middle East.
You are correct again. There is no relevance for say, the land grants in the Bible to the Palestinian or Israeli question, or for the Presidential elections in this country, or the commandments posted in public places in the West. It's over--Atheists won.
14-02-2013, 09:47 AM
(14-02-2013 07:31 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I can't argue election here. If I'm debating a Calvinist, both of our camps begin with the Bible is univocal and teaches one or the other but not both.
The hermeneutics on this forum are of such low quality from non-Christians--no one will even accept that context is necessary as the Bible teaches in passages, not individual verses--that it would be a pointless discussion.
Re: paedophilia, there is no injunction against paedophilia but there are admonitions against hurting children. Only in a post-Christian society is it a necessity to "tell" degenerates paedophilia is a horror.

The only herman we care about here is Herman Munster.
Who the fuck do you think you are, criticizing people for not using your ancient myth book in the way you read it ?
Go to your stupid Christian site, and discuss how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. BTW you have proven a number of times, your knowledge of the Bible is rather shockingly lacking. YOU are the last person who should be bitching about other's knowledge of the Bible. Go away PleaseJebus.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Re: Why did God make so many idiots?
It's not a matter of atheists winning, it is about remaining secular so that no one religious opinion is given favor.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
14-02-2013, 09:51 AM
(14-02-2013 09:47 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Go away PleaseJebus.
Doesn't work, Bucky. Sadly. He keeps returning to his vomit (if I may quote his book of badly written fairy-tales). And by vomit I mean all the puke he's been projectile vomiting all over this place for the last week or so. Would've included an image, but wading through his crap is disgusting enough as it is.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
14-02-2013, 10:08 AM
(14-02-2013 09:35 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  ...
It's over--Atheists won.

Ohmy

Well that was easier than expected.

I suspect a trap.

Dodgy

14-02-2013, 10:23 AM
(14-02-2013 10:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 09:35 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  ...
It's over--Atheists won.

Ohmy

Well that was easier than expected.

I suspect a trap.

Dodgy

[Image: its-a-trap.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
14-02-2013, 10:28 AM
(14-02-2013 07:31 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I can't argue election here. If I'm debating a Calvinist, both of our camps begin with the Bible is univocal and teaches one or the other but not both.
The hermeneutics on this forum are of such low quality from non-Christians--no one will even accept that context is necessary as the Bible teaches in passages, not individual verses--that it would be a pointless discussion.
Re: paedophilia, there is no injunction against paedophilia but there are admonitions against hurting children. Only in a post-Christian society is it a necessity to "tell" degenerates paedophilia is a horror.
Would you rather debate me on the topic of Calvinism vs Arminianism in The Boxing Ring?

You asked for a Calvinist to answer your question, but when I did and gave Biblical proof, you gave some lame excuse about atheists.

In fact, go here to accept the challenge.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
14-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:Would you rather debate me on the topic of Calvinism vs Arminianism in The Boxing Ring?
I don't (yet) know you, KC, so tell me how it might be fruitful and how we can be most gracious in the forum with unbelievers present. If I've erred per Matthew 18 against you, I'd like to resolve it offline or by PM so we're not being unfruitful. Thanks!
14-02-2013, 10:42 AM
(14-02-2013 10:36 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  in the forum with unbelievers present.
Excuse me, would you want all of us to leave The Thinking Atheist forum, so that it's more to your liking? How rude of us!

(Sorry, KC, not trying to interfere with you setting up your fight Tongue )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."