Why did God make so many idiots?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2013, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 11:57 AM by kim.)
RE: Why did God make so many idiots?
(14-02-2013 11:19 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Your graphic on your post threw me off. I assumed you weren't a Christian. I apologize.

Is it such an impossibility to retain faith for a concept, which upon examination seems, at least in part, quite silly? Is this not the very responsibility of faith; to retain a modicum of faith in the face of impossibility?

One must keep plugging away and retain some shred of original inspiration and assertion, in order to continually fail, pick up, and continue on. One must retain some of the sustained self or that with which we find purposeful may fall by the wayside and purpose is for not.

Do you not understand that this is the very purpose of purpose; the purpose of living a very oft times, seemingly futile existence?

Kingsy understands this. I understand this. I think many people on this forum understand this; anyone who's studied string theory at any length understands this. Dodgy

When one whittles faith down to: I am … well, is not this all one is?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:Oh? Context? Please show me where and how anything I pointed out was out of context. My context is spot on along with my Greek. If this is not so, please show me proof.
I apologize. It sounds like you're saying you quoted verses in this thread that I skipped. Please post them again and I'll respond. And I encourage you to understand how often Atheists are fatalists and throw free will in our faces. That's a tip off predestination regarding salvation is off.
14-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:Is it such an impossibility to retain faith for a concept, which upon examination seems, at least in part, quite silly? Is this not the very responsibility of faith; to retain a modicum of faith in the face of impossibility?
I hear what you're saying and I know it's tiring when Christian keep pushing that faith is based at its heart on evidence. But when someone says to me, "C'mon, have a little faith in me..." aren't they really saying, "Please continue to trust in me because you know I'm trustworthy."
Trusting in Jesus is reasonable because He is trustworthy.
14-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Re: Why did God make so many idiots?
And you know this because you met him or you read his stories in a book that takes blind faith to believe is true?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
14-02-2013, 12:39 PM
(14-02-2013 12:28 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Oh? Context? Please show me where and how anything I pointed out was out of context. My context is spot on along with my Greek. If this is not so, please show me proof.
I apologize. It sounds like you're saying you quoted verses in this thread that I skipped. Please post them again and I'll respond. And I encourage you to understand how often Atheists are fatalists and throw free will in our faces. That's a tip off predestination regarding salvation is off.
Not sure how you missed it. It was a huge post.

Click here.

Since I don't believe in freewill, and most everyone knows that, I rarely get that thrown in my face.

It's a really simple solution if an atheist does that, though. Just tell them you don't believe in freewill. Case closed.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:And you know this because you met him or you read his stories in a book that takes blind faith to believe is true?
How is that not a loaded question? It takes some "faith" to believe the Qu'ran since only Muhammed heard from Gabriel.
Your question is better rendered, "Because you trust the writings of multiple authors who claim to be eyewitnesses and cited prior texts including fulfilled prophecies?"
And I've already addressed how seeing Jesus in person isn't believing. It's getting tired.
14-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:So, please, show me where there is evidence of freewill.

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Deuteronomy 30:19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.

I don't want to waste your time, but I'm sure you've already heard re: Pharoah that the Hebrew is better rendered "testing" Pharoah's heart.

And I don't want to frustrate you but verses like John 6:44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.
remind me of John 12:32 But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."

But if you are one of the believing ones who trusts the Lord, and you certainly sound like you are, we are brethren and can get back soon to rebuking the infidels (in love!) I hope. Jesus bless you.
14-02-2013, 12:49 PM
It truly is. How surprising. It's almost as if you just came here to proselytize and don't actually care about discussion...

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
14-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:It's almost as if you just came here to proselytize and don't actually care about discussion...
This would be a poor choice of place to proselytize. I come hear to learn and I'm learning plenty. I appreciate everyone who has been promulgating information. If I was proselytizing, I'd use a lot more scripture when I post. And I do ask a lot of questions, right? There's one now...
14-02-2013, 01:01 PM
What is it you are learning? What was your goal to learn?

—Thomas Henry Huxley