Why did God make so many idiots?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2013, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 12:10 PM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: Why did God make so many idiots?
(12-02-2013 09:39 AM)Zat Wrote:  Probably that is why god made so many stupid people so unreality would have some believers too. Smile

Nah, it's just God continuously fudging his 3d6 rolls for Intelligence... Drinking Beverage

This shit probably wouldn't be so bad if he had opted for a straight point buy system... Tongue

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-02-2013, 09:49 AM
(12-02-2013 08:17 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Maybe God made so many idiots to shame the pridefully "wise".
Quote:But could you, if you tried, really believe in Santa Claus?

I'm sure that you cannot.

What if you met someone today, a grown man, who really truly believes in Santa Claus. He tries desperately to convince you. He offers a book that says Santa Claus is real. He tells you testimony of how he knows, in his heart, that Santa Claus is real. Would that convince you?

No, of course not.

You just simply don't believe, and for you to begin believing, you will need much more proof than some old book and someone else's testimony.
Well, the thing is that Santa Claus COULD be real, COULD exist. And before you throw the fact that his sled could not exceed light speed in my face, the Santa Claus mythos is based on some real persons and real ideas and ideologies, just as Valentine's Day comes from St. Valentinus and etc.
So, maybe we should change this thread to "PleaseJesus will prove to everyone that God exists as soon as they prove to him the Flying Spaghetti Monster does not exist." I mean, I've seen a thousand posts about the FSM! It must be based on reality. What will Internet users think 1,000 years from now?!
I don't think this guy understand sarcasms or how myths are formed. Anyone got any good literature to recommend?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
12-02-2013, 09:49 AM
(12-02-2013 09:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So what you're saying is, that Santa could be real, but probably isn't because the evidence doesn't support it. Because we know that the stories are exaggerated copies of earlier tales that might have a shred of truth to them, but no longer resemble the originals. So we shouldn't believe in Santa, let alone worship him, because there isn't enough evidence to support that conclusion.

This is what John W. Loftus calls the 'Outsider's Test of Faith', and you have failed it miserably. You have failed to apply the same level of credulity and skepticism to your own faith that you applied to Santa Claus. That is not intellectually honest, nor rationally defensible.

Once you truly understand why you don't believe in Santa Claus, and apply that to your own faith, will you then understand why we don't believe in your yours.
This test is even more effective when you try to understand why you don't believe in the gods of other religions.

Both in the case of Lion_IRC and that of PleaseJesus, it seems to come down to wishful thinking, their dissatisfaction with our world's injustice and the desire to live happily forever. Same old, same old.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
12-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:Once you truly understand why you don't believe in Santa Claus, and apply that to your own faith, will you then understand why we don't believe in your yours.
*Jesus presented as truth by the NT writers, not just one person. Santa Claus composed in a Coca-Cola lab circa 1900.
*Multiple documents about the historical Jesus--you just apply different methods to your textual criticism of the Bible than you would for other ancient texts!
12-02-2013, 11:55 AM
(12-02-2013 11:10 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Once you truly understand why you don't believe in Santa Claus, and apply that to your own faith, will you then understand why we don't believe in your yours.
*Jesus presented as truth by the NT writers, not just one person. Santa Claus composed in a Coca-Cola lab circa 1900.
*Multiple documents about the historical Jesus--you just apply different methods to your textual criticism of the Bible than you would for other ancient texts!

NT; Jesus likes Kool & the Gang?

Kool & the Gang is dope, but I don't think you get it. My truth is presented by the writers of SNL.

My point is, there are very few intelligent, rational people, that give a shit that you, or any of your friends, are jocking Jesus. Just make sure you get off of his dick, before you get pregnant, as we don't need any more miracles.

I don't need any bull to go along with all of the shit I have to deal with. If you like believing in dumb shit, at the end of the day, that's fine; but just act like you don't, as part of practical matters.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
12-02-2013, 11:56 AM
The Coca-Cola lab was not the origin of Santa, merely a 'revising' of Santa. The original story of a bearded man flying through the air on his horse comes from the god Odin, who would lead a wild hunt through the sky during Yule. The original history of Odin was written by believers and is accounted for in multiple sources. Just as the tale of a god made flesh who dies and is resurrected predates the Christian story of Jesus, so does the tale of Odin predate the current version of Santa clause.

I'm sure you'll give it the same amount of validity as your Jesus story.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 2 users Like guitar_nut's post
12-02-2013, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 12:16 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(12-02-2013 11:56 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 11:10 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  *Jesus presented as truth by the NT writers, not just one person. Santa Claus composed in a Coca-Cola lab circa 1900.
The Coca-Cola lab was not the origin of Santa, merely a 'revising' of Santa. The original story of a bearded man flying through the air on his horse comes from the god Odin, who would lead a wild hunt through the sky during Yule. The original history of Odin was written by believers and is accounted for in multiple sources. Just as the tale of a god made flesh who dies and is resurrected predates the Christian story of Jesus, so does the tale of Odin predate the current version of Santa clause.

I'm sure you'll give it the same amount of validity as your Jesus story.

PleaseJesus, maybe you should also start worshiping Horus again while you're at it... Drinking Beverage

*Horus presented as truth by the Book of the Dead writers, not just one person. Jesus Christ composed by multiple cults ~50CE.
*Multiple documents about the historical Horus--you just apply different methods to your textual criticism of the Book of the Dead than you would for other ancient texts!

[Image: 556613_4407054935274_1906207896_n.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Personally my messiah is Simon of Perea. Died. Rose from the dead. Mentioned by Josephus. Evidence from Archaeology. More original.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_of_Peraea

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
12-02-2013, 12:24 PM

Modern Santa was invented by illustrator Thomas Nast for the cover of Harper's Weekly in 1862, many years before Coca Cola.

There seem to be many things you believe that just aren't so.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:My point is, there are very few intelligent, rational people, that give a shit that you, or any of your friends, are jocking Jesus. Just make sure you get off of his dick, before you get pregnant, as we don't need any more miracles.
Most of the quote above is not evidence of your rationale or intelligence as you wrote. If you have some facts you'd like to cite, please do so. I don't need your innuendo. It adds nothing to our discussion and belies your anger, lack of anger management, and ridicule for MILLIONS of people of MANY faiths. Be a gentleman or lady and be well spoken, please.