Why did God make so many idiots?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Why did God make so many idiots?
PJ, I resurrected a thread that I thought you might enjoy reading.

Take a look at: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-seriously
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013, 12:52 PM
(12-02-2013 12:29 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:My point is, there are very few intelligent, rational people, that give a shit that you, or any of your friends, are jocking Jesus. Just make sure you get off of his dick, before you get pregnant, as we don't need any more miracles.
Most of the quote above is not evidence of your rationale or intelligence as you wrote. If you have some facts you'd like to cite, please do so. I don't need your innuendo. It adds nothing to our discussion and belies your anger, lack of anger management, and ridicule for MILLIONS of people of MANY faiths. Be a gentleman or lady and be well spoken, please.
Oh no he didn't!

After all the bollocks you've asserted without evidence on this forum PJ, you honestly think you are in a place to demand it from others?
12-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Why did god make so many idiots? Hmm... Consider

Maybe because... he also saw his reflection when he made the water. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-02-2013, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 01:14 PM by Peterkin.)
(11-02-2013 03:24 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Okay, there's no God, or there is. You choose for this question, "Why is the vale of tears bad? Because you said it's bad?"
I didn't say it's bad. God didn't say it's bad. You're the one who keeps trying to rescue everybody and to persuade us to be grateful to be rescued. If God made it, and it's all good, why does anyone need saving?

On second thought, maybe that verse means He does regret having made all the idiots and is going to rapture them away pretty soon. Where He puts them, once they're all gathered up, is called the Kingdom of Heaven - they all get to be Napoleon!

Quote:What questions would you ask Jesus if you saw Him in Heaven?
How'd you let the old man con you into saving all the idjits?

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
12-02-2013, 01:12 PM
(12-02-2013 12:08 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 11:56 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  The Coca-Cola lab was not the origin of Santa, merely a 'revising' of Santa. The original story of a bearded man flying through the air on his horse comes from the god Odin, who would lead a wild hunt through the sky during Yule. The original history of Odin was written by believers and is accounted for in multiple sources. Just as the tale of a god made flesh who dies and is resurrected predates the Christian story of Jesus, so does the tale of Odin predate the current version of Santa clause.

I'm sure you'll give it the same amount of validity as your Jesus story.

PleaseJesus, maybe you should also start worshiping Horus again while you're at it... Drinking Beverage

*Horus presented as truth by the Book of the Dead writers, not just one person. Jesus Christ composed by multiple cults ~50CE.
*Multiple documents about the historical Horus--you just apply different methods to your textual criticism of the Book of the Dead than you would for other ancient texts!

[Image: 556613_4407054935274_1906207896_n.jpg]
For a start, Isis was not a virgin.
I don't know how many of these "facts" are really true but I don't think many are.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2013, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 01:35 PM by Vosur.)
(12-02-2013 01:12 PM)KVron Wrote:  For a start, Isis was not a virgin.
I don't know how many of these "facts" are really true but I don't think many are.
Agreed.

Another blatantly obvious falsehood is that Horus was crucified.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
12-02-2013, 02:16 PM
(12-02-2013 01:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 01:12 PM)KVron Wrote:  For a start, Isis was not a virgin.
Agreed.

Another blatantly obvious falsehood is that Horus was crucified.
Rather than Horus, I think many would apply to Mithras. But mmmmyes ... falsehood just muddies the already cloudy water of contempt. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Quote:Oh no he didn't!

After all the bollocks you've asserted without evidence on this forum PJ, you honestly think you are in a place to demand it from others?
You feel I've insulted people's intelligence, and perhaps rightly so. I can slow down and be a bit more careful with my posts. But I'm telling everyone the language, invective and verbal abuse weakes their arguments in the eyes of (non-Atheist) lurkers.
I remember taking my then-young children out when preaching in a public forum. When I was done, I asked my kids, "What do you think of the Christians we interacted with today?" and they said, "They were polite and respectful of others."
"And the non-Christians, kids?"
"They kept cursing and being angry and rude."
"Right, kids. Glad you see the truth."
12-02-2013, 03:55 PM
(12-02-2013 03:49 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Oh no he didn't!

You feel I've insulted people's intelligence, and perhaps rightly so. I can slow down and be a bit more careful with my posts. But I'm telling everyone the language, invective and verbal abuse weakes their arguments in the eyes of (non-Atheist) lurkers.
I remember taking my then-young children out when preaching in a public forum. When I was done, I asked my kids, "What do you think of the Christians we interacted with today?" and they said, "They were polite and respectful of others."
"And the non-Christians, kids?"
"They kept cursing and being angry and rude."
"Right, kids. Glad you see the truth."
Which of course is all beside the point. The point is not that ony polite people tell the truth. The truth is independant of manners. Did you teach your kids that ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Re: Why did God make so many idiots?
Human behavioral studies show that people who use more swear words tend to be more trustworthy.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post