Why did God make so many idiots?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2013, 07:07 PM
RE: Why did God make so many idiots?
(12-02-2013 03:49 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Oh no he didn't!

After all the bollocks you've asserted without evidence on this forum PJ, you honestly think you are in a place to demand it from others?
You feel I've insulted people's intelligence, and perhaps rightly so. I can slow down and be a bit more careful with my posts. But I'm telling everyone the language, invective and verbal abuse weakes their arguments in the eyes of (non-Atheist) lurkers.
I remember taking my then-young children out when preaching in a public forum. When I was done, I asked my kids, "What do you think of the Christians we interacted with today?" and they said, "They were polite and respectful of others."
"And the non-Christians, kids?"
"They kept cursing and being angry and rude."
"Right, kids. Glad you see the truth."
You can insult peoples intelligence all you like. What I was commenting on was how hypocritical it is of you to demand citations and evidence when you have never provided anything of note to back up any of your claims.

If you are going to hold us to a standard, then hold yourself to it too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 11:40 PM by fstratzero.)
When god is the creator of people it's easy to see that the path of that way of thinking leads to contradictions.

However when it's genetics, environment, choices, etc.. that forms people the picture comes together much better. It's comprehensible and makes sense. Along evolutionary lines, human beings simply vary in every way possible.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
12-02-2013, 07:49 PM
(11-02-2013 01:46 PM)Zat Wrote:  This a serious questions to true believers.

We all have seen them.

They are all over.

In government, in military, in business, in the citizenry at large and even on forums.

Was this part of his "intelligent design"?

If you can explain this to me, in a way that makes sense, I might be tempted to believe myself!

Well the question to me seems to be, why would god make so many "x"

Atheists
Pagans
Polytheists
Etc...

Or why would god intelligently design people who can easily detect god and those who are only capable of detecting the material world.

If he creates a person who cannot detect god then why would he punish them with hell?

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
12-02-2013, 09:07 PM

1. Nowhere in the Bible does it state God as being omnibenevolent.
  2. Humans are not perfect.
  3. Humans are not omniscient.
  4. "Being an idiot" is completely relative and is a piss-poor standard to gauge anything by.
  5. Even from the argument of ID, "idiots" do not discredit it because of simple theology and logic - if humans aren't perfect, then it is expected that there will be "idiots".
  6. Adhering to ID, if God did create humans imperfect, then "idiots" would be part of an intelligent design; moreover, the theology side shows intentional imperfection because of the existence of sin.

The irony here is that your question could easily be conisider "idiotic" under the basic knowledge of simple theology. But you aren't an idiot because you can't gauge someone on something so relative.

I would suggest studying a little theology before making that type of statement.

Your question is akin to, "if we evoled from monkeys, then why do we still have monkeys?"

It's a logical conclusion reached through ignorance and lack of knowledge on the subject matter.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
12-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Re: Why did God make so many idiots?
In paradise Lost... More notable than the Bible I say, at this moment.

God says he made man sufficient.. And "free to fall"

I guess in this case we are free to become idiots.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
12-02-2013, 11:27 PM
(12-02-2013 09:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
  1. Nowhere in the Bible does it state God as being omnibenevolent.
  2. Humans are not perfect.
  3. Humans are not omniscient.
  4. "Being an idiot" is completely relative and is a piss-poor standard to gauge anything by.
  5. Even from the argument of ID, "idiots" do not discredit it because of simple theology and logic - if humans aren't perfect, then it is expected that there will be "idiots".
  6. Adhering to ID, if God did create humans imperfect, then "idiots" would be part of an intelligent design; moreover, the theology side shows intentional imperfection because of the existence of sin.

The irony here is that your question could easily be conisider "idiotic" under the basic knowledge of simple theology. But you aren't an idiot because you can't gauge someone on something so relative.

I would suggest studying a little theology before making that type of statement.

Your question is akin to, "if we evoled from monkeys, then why do we still have monkeys?"

It's a logical conclusion reached through ignorance and lack of knowledge on the subject matter.

-Baron d'Holbach-
13-02-2013, 05:24 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2013 08:54 AM by Zat.)
(12-02-2013 09:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Adhering to ID, if God did create humans imperfect, then "idiots" would be part of an intelligent design; moreover, the theology side shows intentional imperfection because of the existence of sin.
Thank you, KC, you proved my point for me! Thumbsup

He did it on purpose!!!

That makes him a real bastard!

As illustrated by the following poem (copied from Poets' Corners):

Predation

I hate god!
I don't believe in the bastard
but I hate him anyway,
for blasting away
at the hapless victims
of his 'intelligent' design.

Eat and be eaten,
that’s the commandment,
obeyed by all of his creatures:
the lion rips the throat of the zebra,
a pack of wolf tears a deer apart,
the fox devours the rabbit,
the cat 'plays' with the mouse,
preying mantis munches on butteflies,
venus flytrap digests insects,
humans, on top of the food chain
kill, use, torture them all,
including their own kind.

It would have been nothing
to the ‘omnipotent’ ‘father’
to base his design of all of us
on photosynthesis,
but he liked the idea of
pain, fear and suffering,
probably as a form of
divine entertainment.

We did not deserve this:
falling prey to predation:
what we do to each other
and to all creations
on this magnificent planet.

Since he doesn't exist,
I will have to
transfer my ire
to those of us
who claim to love him
and pretend to speak in his name.

Amen.
[+] 2 users Like Zat's post
13-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:If he creates a person who cannot detect god then why would he punish them with hell?
Romans 1 and 2 describe this perfectly. There is no one who cannot "detect" God but there are people who can deny what they detect via their free will--their free will to suppress what they know/suspect.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. Rom 1:18-19
13-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Oblivious to the end, PJ, aren't you? Rolleyes
13-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Quote:Oblivious to the end, PJ, aren't you?
If I am oblivious, it is not willfully so. The Bible explains that Atheists are willfully oblivious. Smile