Why did God make so many idiots?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: Why did God make so many idiots?
Quote:You seem to be getting really desperate, PleaseshutthefuckupJesus.
Wow, I've never heard of Godwin's Law. That is astonishing! I think you're right, though. Where Atheists talk about their worldviews, we're bound to discuss Adolf Hitler. Yes, yes indeed.
[img]http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/[Image: meme1.jpg]image ru[/img]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:So, if love isn't an emotion, what is it then? A vegetable?

A commitment. A selfless input that goes against everything Evolutionary.
13-02-2013, 01:49 PM
13-02-2013, 01:50 PM
(13-02-2013 01:36 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:People always jump to the Catholic Hitler and his final solution. Look, if Hitler had succeeded and had rid the world of all but the Aryan race, the Aryan race would have benefited due to a lack of competition, but would have been severely limited in its gene pool as a result of the loss of the majority of it (Africans in the central African areas have the highest genetic diversity). In over-simplified terms, it would have appeared as though Hitler's final solution would have been good, but would have been bad in the long run for the Aryan race. Furthermore, the notion of "races" is an arbitrary concept. We are all the same species, so Hitler's solution would have been counter to the survival of ALL humans.
No, race is not an arbitrary concept. It's rooted in Evolution, and it is disgusting. How much of the world's problems would be solved if "race" was not imposed on the world. Do you disagree?
Quote:Abortion is not a simple question. Is the fetus viable? Is the parent capable of taking care of a child? Go look at nature. Rats will eat their young if stressed and other animals will abandon their young if they are malnourished. Even humans will stop producing breast milk if the mother is malnourished. It is a survival response to preserve the life of the adult in order to have a chance at reproducing labor. You are trying to oversimplify abortion. Life's first tendency is to preserve life, that starts with the survival of the individual AND THEN extends to the survival of family.
So thanks, I have better context on your assertion. You do think we should let the children starve if we only have food for one?
Quote:Who said love and emotions were only felt at individual instances? Memories can invoke emotions and one can still feel emotions for someone that is no longer alive. Even someone who has fallen out of love with another person can remember instances when they loved them. I have a few exes I can do that with. Do I currently love them? No. Did I once? Yes.
I see. So you would tell your spouse tomorrow on the 14th, "Happy Valentine's... no wait, that's St. Valentinus, so Happy 14th of Feb... I don't love you anymore, because love is a mere emotion, but I can call with fondness when I used to love you..." Your bed must be warm at home, my friend.
Race is not a construct of evolution or evolution theory. That whole 3/5 of a person thing was before ol' Darwin. Skin color is an adaptation to ones local environment, yes. But we are all the same species, we are not separate species nor different subspecies. Our understanding of evolution unites us. You remind me of this kid.

As for your assertion that I would let kids starve, you are building a nice straw-man there. Nothing I said comes close to what you are implying. Let me put my response this way, you feed as many as you can in an attempt to help as many as you can survive. The goal is survival, so if you don't have enough food to feed everyone and help everyone survive, then YOU FEED AS MANY AS YOU CAN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO HELP THEM SURVIVE.

You're building another straw-man with the Valentine's day mumbo jumbo. Why is love being a chemical response about devaluing love or making it something less real? Even if it is a chemical response, it is real. My affection and contentedness and feelings for someone are real, they are chemical responses, and they mean something to me. It's not like I tell someone "My brain just released a bunch of endorphin and I feel blissful as a result of being around you." That might be what is happening, but the whole release and emotional response is love, so I say love. Why is that so bloody hard to see? And my bed at home is just fine.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
13-02-2013, 01:52 PM
(13-02-2013 01:48 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:You seem to be getting really desperate, PleaseshutthefuckupJesus.
Wow, I've never heard of Godwin's Law. That is astonishing! I think you're right, though. Where Atheists talk about their worldviews, we're bound to discuss Adolf Hitler. Yes, yes indeed.
[img]http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/[Image: meme1.jpg]image ru[/img]
No need to say it twice. But yeah, matter of fact, that confidence translates great into the real world. How about you? Everyone around you bored with your constant (and rather) crappy proselytising, so in your desperation you come to peddle your shit here? Frankly, there's no market for shit here, go try your luck someplace else.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
13-02-2013, 01:57 PM
(13-02-2013 01:48 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  A commitment. A selfless input that goes against everything Evolutionary.
You make nearly as much sense as them. Nearly. Only difference - they're actually funny.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
13-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:Race is not a construct of evolution or evolution theory. That whole 3/5 of a person thing was before ol' Darwin. Skin color is an adaptation to ones local environment, yes. But we are all the same species, we are not separate species nor different subspecies. Our understanding of evolution unites us. You remind me of this kid.
Survey says... bzzzzzz. Prejudice was there before Darwin. "Race" is an Evolutionary concept.
Quote:As for your assertion that I would let kids starve, you are building a nice straw-man there. Nothing I said comes close to what you are implying. Let me put my response this way, you feed as many as you can in an attempt to help as many as you can survive. The goal is survival, so if you don't have enough food to feed everyone and help everyone survive, then YOU FEED AS MANY AS YOU CAN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO HELP THEM SURVIVE.
Here's the straw man! Apart from compassionate man, where per Evolutionary theory is it a necessity to FEED AS MANY AS YOU CAN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO HELP THEM SURVIVE. Someone needs to watch more PBS...
Quote:You're building another straw-man with the Valentine's day mumbo jumbo. Why is love being a chemical response about devaluing love or making it something less real? Even if it is a chemical response, it is real. My affection and contentedness and feelings for someone are real, they are chemical responses, and they mean something to me. It's not like I tell someone "My brain just released a bunch of endorphin and I feel blissful as a result of being around you." That might be what is happening, but the whole release and emotional response is love, so I say love. Why is that so bloody hard to see? And my bed at home is just fine.
I understand chemicals can feel good, but that is the first blush of what should be full-grown, non-teenage pimply, real love. Do you love your children? Your grandma? Is it the same rush of endorphins as with the Mrs? Get real. Defining love as a biochemical melange means any kind of melange is love. Paedophiles now feel "love" for those they rape. Yuck. No, they feel inappropriate lust. Y'all don't know what love and lust are and you want to "school" the Christians. Gosh! Gee willikers!
13-02-2013, 01:59 PM
(13-02-2013 01:48 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:So, if love isn't an emotion, what is it then? A vegetable?

A commitment. A selfless input that goes against everything Evolutionary.

That's a really ignorant statement.

Sexual love evolved to help pair-bonding to insure the survival of the young.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
13-02-2013, 02:00 PM
(13-02-2013 01:38 PM)Zat Wrote:  ...I wish god made one less idiot!

You started it! You asked for idiots.... and we all came a running. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
13-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:...I wish god made one less idiot!
Suicide isn't the answer! Just kidding. Admit it, you deserved this one.