Why did Parture get banned?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Why did Parture get banned?
I realized all he did was preach, but what was the final nail in the coffin?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2012, 04:04 PM
RE: Why did Parture get banned?
(27-01-2012 03:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I realized all he did was preach, but what was the final nail in the coffin?

I didn't look at him while he was here... a whole lotta hate going on.

Here's one thing he said which may interest you... he's talking about your Calvinists. Wink

Quote:None of those people are Christians. They are false Christians. They will join you in Hell so you can be reminded forever those people who you thought were Christians were in fact not. For example, Kirk Cameron is a Calvinist not a Christian.

I don't see Kirk Cameron so much as a Calvinist as a dick. But that might just be me. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
27-01-2012, 04:17 PM
(27-01-2012 04:04 PM)kim Wrote:  
(27-01-2012 03:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I realized all he did was preach, but what was the final nail in the coffin?

I didn't look at him while he was here... a whole lotta hate going on.

Here's one thing he said which may interest you... he's talking about your Calvinists. Wink

Quote:None of those people are Christians. They are false Christians. They will join you in Hell so you can be reminded forever those people who you thought were Christians were in fact not. For example, Kirk Cameron is a Calvinist not a Christian.

I don't see Kirk Cameron so much as a Calvinist as a dick. But that might just be me. Shy

Those types of Christians are disgusting. They really are. I wonder what he would say about what Jesus said.

I mean, I guess Jesus is going to hell then. Look what He said about the elect:

Matthew 24:22
22 Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.

Matthew 24:24
24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

Mark 13:20
20 Unless the Lord had shortened those days, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom He chose, He shortened the days.

Mark 13:22
22 for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and will show signs and wonders, in order to lead astray, if possible, the elect.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
27-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Stark succumbed to peer pressure. Parture was his first and only banning. I'm convinced that it traumatized Stark so much that he said "Fuck this shit" and handed the ban hammer over to the evil clown.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
27-01-2012, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 05:04 PM by kim.)
Yea - sounds like a broken record, huh?

Just another garden variety asshole. Dodgy
(27-01-2012 04:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Those types of Christians are disgusting. They really are. I wonder what he would say about what Jesus said.
Well... a bunch of Christians are in direct opposition to Jesus and the things he said. Most of them only cherry pick their way through the Bible anyway. Selective Christianity seems to be pretty much the norm for the American masses.

(27-01-2012 04:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I mean, I guess Jesus is going to hell then. Look what He said about the elect:

Matthew 24:22
22 Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.

Matthew 24:24
24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

Mark 13:20
20 Unless the Lord had shortened those days, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom He chose, He shortened the days.

Mark 13:22
22 for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and will show signs and wonders, in order to lead astray, if possible, the elect.

Well... I think he got this stuff from Matthew and Mark. Is there a problem? I didn't check them over or anything but I think I recall that's what's going on in Mark at about that point. A lot of it's about false prophets and misleading the chosen and all that. Is there something incorrect or something he added?

I guess I'm not sure to what you refer. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Parture wasn't banned for the hateful nature of his comments, he was banned for the sheer volume of hateful comments as I understood it. We coulda lived with him being a dick on one or two threads but he practically spammed the forum to shit with them.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
27-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Just do a search for Parture in post keywords. Notice the 30 pages or so of posting the "Zeitgeist Refuted" movie and completely ignoring every single comment.

Parture: Jesus was the only person ever to resurrect.
Me: What about all these gods that came before Jesus with the same resurrection story? (Giant list)
Parture: They did not resurrect.
Me: How can you know that?
Parture: Because Jesus was the only person ever to resurrect.
Repeat ad infinitum.

At some point, you realize that a person is not interested in honest discussion and is therefore no better than a troll. This forum does not benefit from one sentence repeated 78 times.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 4 users Like Buddy Christ's post
28-01-2012, 12:21 AM
As i recall Parture was banned when the front page for over a week had 3 of his posts littered with pages of inane bullshit. That was considered spamming.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
30-01-2012, 04:46 AM
If you guys have a problem banning people due to the guilt then give me the banhammer. I'll swing that thing without remorse or pity as I've done so before on many occasions.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
31-01-2012, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 10:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-01-2012 04:46 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  If you guys have a problem banning people due to the guilt then give me the banhammer. I'll swing that thing without remorse or pity as I've done so before on many occasions.

That's why the Master-at-Arms don't get to hold the banhammer.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post