Why did god create diseases?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2014, 10:09 AM
RE: Why did god create diseases?
(15-02-2014 07:47 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Very simple question. Why did god create diseases. Not just cancer but mental illness as well. He could make us perfectly healthy and immune. But he didn't. Why?
Disease,
Population control.

Mental illness, probably isn't what you think it is. Science can tell us how mental illness works, but not the why.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2014, 10:29 AM
(15-02-2014 10:09 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 07:47 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Very simple question. Why did god create diseases. Not just cancer but mental illness as well. He could make us perfectly healthy and immune. But he didn't. Why?
Disease,
Population control.

"I could prevent people from having kids in a variety of harmless ways, I could make more space for the population...nah, better to kill a ton of people in painful ways."
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
15-02-2014, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2014 11:17 AM by donotwant.)
(15-02-2014 10:09 AM)Drich Wrote:  
Disease,
Population control.

Mental illness, probably isn't what you think it is. Science can tell us how mental illness works, but not the why.

Killing population randomly by diseases is the best god could come up with? It's part of the intelligent design? I think an omnipotent god could make a world where population is not a problem.

Besides if he does want to kill us why not do it in a matter of sudden death instead of slow progressive and painful ones?
We could live healthy and die instantly.
15-02-2014, 11:21 AM
What is mental illness then Drich?
15-02-2014, 11:39 AM
(15-02-2014 11:13 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 10:09 AM)Drich Wrote:  Disease,
Population control.

Killing population randomly by diseases is the best god could come up with? It's part of the intelligent design? I think an omnipotent god could make a world where population is not a problem.

Besides if he does want to kill us why not do it in a matter of sudden death instead of slow progressive and painful ones?
Why do you assume God must provide His best method for population control?
There is also War and famine.

Maybe ask yourself what do these three things have in common, and why they would be used rather than His 'best.'

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
15-02-2014, 11:41 AM
(15-02-2014 11:39 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 11:13 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Killing population randomly by diseases is the best god could come up with? It's part of the intelligent design? I think an omnipotent god could make a world where population is not a problem.

Why do you assume God must provide His best method for population control?

Maybe ask yourself what do these three things have in common, and why they would be used rather than His 'best.'

I got no idea so I want you to tell me.
15-02-2014, 11:41 AM
(15-02-2014 11:21 AM)donotwant Wrote:  What is mental illness then Drich?

: a mental or bodily condition marked primarily by sufficient disorganization of personality, mind, and emotions to seriously impair the normal psychological functioning of the individual

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

15-02-2014, 11:42 AM
(15-02-2014 11:41 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 11:21 AM)donotwant Wrote:  What is mental illness then Drich?

: a mental or bodily condition marked primarily by sufficient disorganization of personality, mind, and emotions to seriously impair the normal psychological functioning of the individual

Good now tell me why does it occur Smartass
15-02-2014, 11:44 AM
(15-02-2014 11:41 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 11:39 AM)Drich Wrote:  Why do you assume God must provide His best method for population control?

I got no idea so I want you to tell me.

Sin. all three are directly relatable to sin. (some more than others)

where sin abounds, death follows. not as a punishment persay, but as a result/direct consenquence.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

15-02-2014, 11:45 AM
So people get sick because adam sinned? Is that it?