Why didn't Jesus write the New Testament?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2016, 12:38 AM
Why didn't Jesus write the New Testament?
The Jesus in the bible could read, which means he could write. So. Why didn't he just write the New Testament? Apart from my beliefs that Jesus is the combined identity of more than one individual (primarily being John the Baptist and Simon Bar Giora). If we were to just for a moment postulate that there was a man called Jesus. Who could read and write. Why didn't he just write the New Testament? Shouldn't he know better the will of god if HE WAS GOD HIMSELF?!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Celestial_Wonder's post
18-11-2016, 03:00 AM
RE: Why didn't Jesus write the New Testament?
I dunno maybe he had a Holy Ghost-Writer lined up? Popcorn

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 13 users Like Silly Deity's post
18-11-2016, 03:09 AM
(18-11-2016 03:00 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  I dunno maybe he had a Holy Ghost-Writer lined up? Popcorn

[Image: giphy.gif]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 13 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-11-2016, 03:17 AM
I wasn't thinking about it at the time, but if Jesus had written the new testament he could just edit the old testament or throw it out entirely I mean, you know, being god and all he should have known these events better than anyone.
18-11-2016, 03:21 AM
Maybe Jesus didn't have a publisher?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
18-11-2016, 03:21 AM
If I didn't know better, I'd think he was just a regular ol' human, and that his followers made up a bunch of bullshit after his death so they didn't have to discontinue their little cult.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, that can't be it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-11-2016, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2016 03:32 AM by Velvet.)
(18-11-2016 03:21 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  If I didn't know better, I'd think he was just a regular ol' human, and that his followers made up a bunch of bullshit after his death so they didn't have to discontinue their little cult.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, that can't be it.

No, definitely not. Hobo
---------------------------------------------------------------
Better question, if an omnipotent being desires to spread a message how come that not instantly all conscious beings in the world know it for sure?

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien
18-11-2016, 03:39 AM
(18-11-2016 12:38 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  The Jesus in the bible could read, which means he could write.
How does that follow? There are many people who can read, but not write and vice versa.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
18-11-2016, 03:58 AM
(18-11-2016 03:39 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 12:38 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  The Jesus in the bible could read, which means he could write.
How does that follow? There are many people who can read, but not write and vice versa.

If you can read it stands to reason you should be able to write, barring physical or mental disabilities.
18-11-2016, 05:24 AM
1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

The Gospel of John, chapter 8. (Emphasis my own.)

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post