Why do Baha'is think they have the best religion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Why do Baha'is think they have the best religion?
Why do Baha'is think they are the best?
Watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyVrhITcaPI
Read this
http://godofskepticatheist.blogspot.com/

and tell me why they still think that way?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 12:43 PM

RE: Why do Baha'is think they have the best religion?
If someone assumes a faith for themselves and calls themselves a follower of the tenets of said religion, how could they not think they have a superior religious system of belief to all others, when assuming a faith is for one's own best interest?

The one commonality Baha'i hold with all other systems is faith in something that does not exist, as an overseer of all that occurs and as a creator of all that exists.
It is therefore not better than other religions generally. Rather, it is the same in that respect. Subjective alliance, personal affection for the system of faith described under the banner of any religious ideology, is personal and as such can only be discredited from the standpoint of a reasoned critique.

At least that's how I see the answer to your question.
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I think the Baha'i faith presents a unified view of world religion and respects all prophets. They try to create a medly of all faiths into one super-faith that they hope will one day be accepted by everyone because it already holds all their dogmas.
Sadly it imposes fasting and rules on their followers also and emphasizes worship over reasoning.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
26-05-2011, 01:52 PM

Religions that arose after the renaissance period have zero chances to survive through time in my opinion because a) science has already provided enough facts to disregard their articles while contradicting major religions in the past and b) because the old religions will never allow it. Dodgy

The old religions did not have any real enemies (in fact, dogmas only support a religion by providing the diversity they need in order to survive through time).

Nowadays, religions have two enemies. Each other (due to globalization) and science (due to rationalization).
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 05:12 PM
True! They are trying sooo hard to change their religion to make it compatible with science!
If you read that blog i posted you can see that Baha'i Faith completely rejected the Darwinian Evolution! And also believe that Adam lived 6000 years ago and was the first man!

So i highly doubt it that they survive!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2011, 01:14 AM
This is the funniest "religion" I saw in the last couple of years. Never heard of them before, but they kick ass. Bahawaha...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post