Why do Brits want the death penalty?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Why do Brits want the death penalty?
In the past years I have read several polls from several different outlets and institutions that indicate a rising number of UK citizens in favor of reinterducing the death penalty. Which was abolished in the UK during the 1960s because of a very controversial execution (Bentley case). In one poll the mayority of 58% favored the reinterduction.

Why is that???

There is only one other country in which there recently was a big, but ultimatly failing push to reinerduce it, which is Poland.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2014, 06:03 PM
RE: Why do Brits want the death penalty?
Because they are fucking idiots. Really UK, you look at America and rightfully laugh at us and then you want to be like us?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Brian37's post
08-08-2014, 09:23 PM
I think their needs to be a balance. America way overuses capital punishment. But European countries do nothing to properly destroy sexually motivated murders of children and serial killing. That guy in Norway got what; 21 years? He killed 77 people. That's around 4 months for each kid he killed.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
08-08-2014, 10:13 PM
A few years ago they introduced E-Petitions. An E-Petition is where you make a subject to be discussed in the houses of parliament and if you get 100,000 others to "sign" it then it goes through for discussion.

One of the first subjects covered was the re-introduction of the death penalty and they threw it out almost immediately.

Like most countries, the population here get heated and call for indiscriminate killing whenever there has been a controversial case like murder, rape, pedophilia etc etc. When the subject gets (very rarely) brought up, I would say that the majority I have spoken to are against it (including myself)

Got any links to these polls?

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
08-08-2014, 10:27 PM
(08-08-2014 06:03 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Because they are fucking idiots. Really UK, you look at America and rightfully laugh at us and then you want to be like us?

They being Sun readers and the Telegraph and Daily Mail readers.

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
08-08-2014, 10:43 PM
(08-08-2014 10:27 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 06:03 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Because they are fucking idiots. Really UK, you look at America and rightfully laugh at us and then you want to be like us?

Bewbies.

Sorry, you said something?

[Image: giphy.gif]
08-08-2014, 10:47 PM
Yeah, the problem with polls is you can pretty much provoke the answer you want.

If you surveyed a group of British people and asked "Do you believe that the death penalty should be reintroduced?", then I would imagine the majority would say no.

If you surveyed a group of British people and said "Here is a picture of a four year old girl. She was brutally raped and murdered by a man in his fourties with multiple convictions for sex offences against children. Do you think the man should be put to death?", then I imagine the majority would say yes.

It's all in the wording.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 5 users Like Hughsie's post
08-08-2014, 11:02 PM
(08-08-2014 10:27 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Here in Canada the Sun is the best news source. It has a right-wing bias, but it is way more impartial than the liberal media.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

08-08-2014, 11:08 PM
(08-08-2014 11:02 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 10:27 PM)DLJ Wrote:  They being Sun readers and the Telegraph and Daily Mail readers.

Here in Canada the Sun is the best news source. It has a right-wing bias, but it is way more impartial than the liberal media.

And you know this because... ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-08-2014, 11:12 PM
(08-08-2014 11:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 11:02 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Here in Canada the Sun is the best news source. It has a right-wing bias, but it is way more impartial than the liberal media.

And you know this because... ?

I've fucking watched it.