Why do Brits want the death penalty?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2014, 11:30 PM
RE: Why do Brits want the death penalty?
(08-08-2014 11:02 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 10:27 PM)DLJ Wrote:  They being Sun readers and the Telegraph and Daily Mail readers.

Here in Canada the Sun is the best news source. It has a right-wing bias, but it is way more impartial than the liberal media.

Fucking hell, anyone that equates corporate media with liberalism is out of their fucking mind... Facepalm

But it would explain why all of your talking points on Israel and Gaza are so ignorant...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2014, 11:45 PM
(08-08-2014 11:30 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 11:02 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Here in Canada the Sun is the best news source. It has a right-wing bias, but it is way more impartial than the liberal media.

Fucking hell, anyone that equates corporate media with liberalism is out of their fucking mind... Facepalm

But it would explain why all of your talking points on Israel and Gaza are so ignorant...

Because, you know, social justice totally isn't liberal. When Adrianna Richards pulled her little stunt the mainstream media jumped to defend her, as they have with Anita Sarkeesian and every other SJW who gets any attention. They are also constantly bashing Israel despite what your retarded little leftist head tells you.

And I almost forgot this gem:
http://www.theatlantic.com/education/arc...ge/360746/

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
08-08-2014, 11:49 PM
My state will allow a judge to impose the death penalty despite a jury recommended life sentence. Talk about a lot of power given to one person. "In Alabama, one-fifth of death row inmates were sentenced to death over a jury's recommendation for life."

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/node/5832

I really don't think the UK should reopen this can of worms. An innocent person serving life can be released, an execution can't be undone.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
08-08-2014, 11:52 PM
(08-08-2014 11:49 PM)Nurse Wrote:  My state will allow a judge to impose the death penalty despite a jury recommended life sentence. Talk about a lot of power given to one person. "In Alabama, one-fifth of death row inmates were sentenced to death over a jury's recommendation for life."

I really don't think the UK should reopen this can of worms. An innocent person serving life can be released, an execution can't be undone.

Like I said, America uses the death penalty way too much. If social conservatives had it their way death sentences would be given out like candy; pick one up at the front office as you leave. But on the other hand countries like Norway are far too soft on crime.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

09-08-2014, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2014 12:31 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(08-08-2014 11:45 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 11:30 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fucking hell, anyone that equates corporate media with liberalism is out of their fucking mind... Facepalm

Because, you know, social justice totally isn't liberal. When Adrianna Richards pulled her little stunt the mainstream media jumped to defend her, as they have with Anita Sarkeesian and every other SJW who gets any attention. They are also constantly bashing Israel despite what your retarded little leftist head tells you.

The mainstream media sides with the establishment, because the establishment fucking owns it. This is why you don't see coverage critical of the banks and Wall Street (i.e. being critical of the establishment). If the mainstream media was truly 'liberal' (as opposed to just being pro-establishment), they wouldn't be giving more than equal time to climate change deniers and creationists, giving the false impression that there are two equal sides caught up in controversy and debate.

Alright, who is 'Adrianna Richards'? A Google search gets you fuck all. As for Anita Sarkeesian, she was getting all kinds of shit thrown at her for voicing her opinion. Regardless of whether or not you agree with her points on feminism and videogames, the torrent of personal attacks on here were unwarranted; and it was those attacks that catapulted here into the media spotlight. I fail to see how she's a darling for the 'liberal' media bias you are imagining, as she was nothing more than a trending internet topic that on no-way threatened the establishment status quo. She wasn't defended because of the 'liberal' media protecting it's own, it's because the people making death threats against her for merely voicing her option were psychotic.

As for Israel, have you actually read anything? Independent media has been critical of them, and some outliers in the mainstream media have started to voice concerns. But while the bombs were still dropping, it's was 'Israel defending itself from Hamas terrorist rocket fire'. 'Terrorist' was a label reserved exclusively for Hamas, even though Israel's action fit the definition more accurately. Every report of the attack would list the number of Hamas rockets fired, while never mentioning the vastly larger number of ordnance dropped by Israel, or the fact that the Hamas rockets had caused almost no casualties. The reporting painted the 'conflict' at best as being a fight between equal opponents; and not the royal turkey shoot it has been since the beginning. Nobody (outside of independents) questioned Netanyahu's claims that his country was bound to act as they did because they were under such an imminent threat, while simultaneously fighting the United State's FFA decision to stop air-travel to Israel; claiming that air-travel to Israel was perfectly safe and the conflict should't interfere with tourism. You can't have it both ways simultaneously. The establishment line is 'support Israel unilaterally', and they have been doing so up until the very end when things were so bad that the State Department was being critical of Israel's use of force and the civilian death-toll (but still not critical enough to cut their 3 billion a year stipend). Liberal media my ass...

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-08-2014, 12:22 AM
(08-08-2014 11:52 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 11:49 PM)Nurse Wrote:  My state will allow a judge to impose the death penalty despite a jury recommended life sentence. Talk about a lot of power given to one person. "In Alabama, one-fifth of death row inmates were sentenced to death over a jury's recommendation for life."

Like I said, America uses the death penalty way too much. If social conservatives had it their way death sentences would be given out like candy; pick one up at the front office as you leave. But on the other hand countries like Norway are far too soft on crime.

How do you use the death penalty the right amount Huh .
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
09-08-2014, 12:24 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2014 12:28 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(08-08-2014 11:52 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  

And yet they have some of the lowest crime rates in the developed world, imagine that...

Probably because their justice system is built for rehabilitation instead of retribution, and retribution is all that would be gained from killing Anders Behring Breivik now.

[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-08-2014, 03:12 AM
(08-08-2014 11:52 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  But on the other hand countries like Norway are far too soft on crime.

Well that comes down to whether or not their soft approach actually works. So if you're going to make that claim, you're going to have to provide evidence that Norway suffers a high rate of re-offending because they are too soft on crime.

Otherwise it's just your opinion.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
09-08-2014, 09:31 AM
(09-08-2014 12:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 11:45 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Because, you know, social justice totally isn't liberal. When Adrianna Richards pulled her little stunt the mainstream media jumped to defend her, as they have with Anita Sarkeesian and every other SJW who gets any attention. They are also constantly bashing Israel despite what your retarded little leftist head tells you.

The mainstream media sides with the establishment, because the establishment fucking owns it. This is why you don't see coverage critical of the banks and Wall Street (i.e. being critical of the establishment). If the mainstream media was truly 'liberal' (as opposed to just being pro-establishment), they wouldn't be giving more than equal time to climate change deniers and creationists, giving the false impression that there are two equal sides caught up in controversy and debate.

Alright, who is 'Adrianna Richards'? A Google search gets you fuck all. As for Anita Sarkeesian, she was getting all kinds of shit thrown at her for voicing her opinion. Regardless of whether or not you agree with her points on feminism and videogames, the torrent of personal attacks on here were unwarranted; and it was those attacks that catapulted here into the media spotlight. I fail to see how she's a darling for the 'liberal' media bias you are imagining, as she was nothing more than a trending internet topic that on no-way threatened the establishment status quo. She wasn't defended because of the 'liberal' media protecting it's own, it's because the people making death threats against her for merely voicing her option were psychotic.

As for Israel, have you actually read anything? Independent media has been critical of them, and some outliers in the mainstream media have started to voice concerns. But while the bombs were still dropping, it's was 'Israel defending itself from Hamas terrorist rocket fire'. 'Terrorist' was a label reserved exclusively for Hamas, even though Israel's action fit the definition more accurately. Every report of the attack would list the number of Hamas rockets fired, while never mentioning the vastly larger number of ordnance dropped by Israel, or the fact that the Hamas rockets had caused almost no casualties. The reporting painted the 'conflict' at best as being a fight between equal opponents; and not the royal turkey shoot it has been since the beginning. Nobody (outside of independents) questioned Netanyahu's claims that his country was bound to act as they did because they were under such an imminent threat, while simultaneously fighting the United State's FFA decision to stop air-travel to Israel; claiming that air-travel to Israel was perfectly safe and the conflict should't interfere with tourism. You can't have it both ways simultaneously. The establishment line is 'support Israel unilaterally', and they have been doing so up until the very end when things were so bad that the State Department was being critical of Israel's use of force and the civilian death-toll (but still not critical enough to cut their 3 billion a year stipend). Liberal media my ass...

Independent media, lol, what like the neo-nazis at CounterPunch?

And leave it to a SJW like you to defend Anita Sarkeesian. Yes, the rape/death threats were wrong, but that doesn't make what she has to say any less bullshit. Fred Phelps got death threats too, and he still could have been buried in a matchbox if they had just given him an enema.

You just haven't matured enough. I was a radical leftist until around 14, then I grew up. I matured, and I am fortunate enough to have done so at such a young age. One day you too will grow up and leave your infantile fantasies behind.

09-08-2014, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2014 10:20 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(09-08-2014 09:31 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 12:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The mainstream media sides with the establishment, because the establishment fucking owns it. This is why you don't see coverage critical of the banks and Wall Street (i.e. being critical of the establishment). If the mainstream media was truly 'liberal' (as opposed to just being pro-establishment), they wouldn't be giving more than equal time to climate change deniers and creationists, giving the false impression that there are two equal sides caught up in controversy and debate.

Independent media, lol, what like the neo-nazis at CounterPunch?

And leave it to a SJW like you to defend Anita Sarkeesian. Yes, the rape/death threats were wrong, but that doesn't make what she has to say any less bullshit. Fred Phelps got death threats too, and he still could have been buried in a matchbox if they had just given him an enema.

You just haven't matured enough. I was a radical leftist until around 14, then I grew up. I matured, and I am fortunate enough to have done so at such a young age. One day you too will grow up and leave your infantile fantasies behind.

If 'growing up' by your standards requires the complete inability to handle nuance and deal with the world in anything but black and white dichotomies, I hope I never grow up; I happen to value my empathy. Drinking Beverage

Notice however that you still FAILED to use Anita to prove your point, and you assumed that I agreed with her; and since when did I say I read, supported, or agreed with CounterPunch? Guess what, not all 'independent' media is the same; some of it is liberal, some is conservative, some is moderate, some try for objective journalism, and others are dogmatic mouthpieces. Could you stawman any harder (it's a rhetorical question, I know you can do worse)? Also nice attempted Godwin there too. Way to go fucknuts...

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post