Why do Christians let the Mormons off the hook when...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2011, 06:17 AM
RE: Why do Christians let the Mormons off the hook when...
(15-06-2011 11:09 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  Discrimination basically. I see more rage against Islam and Atheism than Mormons. Most Christians accept and are ok with Mormons in their community, lifestyles, and politics. Evangelicals will vote for an Mormon than an Atheist nor Muslim. Mormons are so outside the Christian beliefs and yet we Atheists and other demnomations are the worst thing in the planet.

I tend to think a lot of christians see us as a bigger threat than they see terrorists, or greedy fools in government. After all, the latter 2 pose no threat to their on going charade.
The voices of logic and reason could and eventually will thin their numbers more than any terror attack ever could.
In an age of free information and free thinking, they do not have as much influence over how their kids think as their parents had on them. And it has always been my observation that the harder a kid is pushed into something, the harder the kid will search for a way out.

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2011, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2011 06:04 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-06-2011 05:51 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Because mormons hold Jesus sacred, so no matter how looney their whole philosophy is the christians feel backed by them in a way. ... But don't let that nice Muslim couple next door get a word in they're tainted by the devil 0_0

Islam also considers Jesus sacred. He is a prophet just like Muhammed. In fact he was Muhammed's immediate predecessor in the prophet chain. Christians tolerance of Mormonism while violently rejecting Islam is just plain ignorance. ... Doesn't surprise me. ... On second thought, I think it's worse than ignorance, it's blatant racism and xenophobia.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-06-2011, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2011 09:52 PM by Lilith Pride.)
I agree GirlyMan, but the difference is that to mormons Jesus is the son of god, and to Muslims and jews Jesus was a man. This is their fundamental difference the rejection of a son of god.

xenophobia and racism are huge against Muslims but this is not as large a point for the religion itself, there have been non middle-eastern Muslims and the ideas are still disagreed with. Their xenophobia explains their anger and hatred and the fact they won't look Muslims in the eyes, but their heedless refutation of all Muslim doctrine has more to do with the christian hole in one of Jesus son of god.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
16-06-2011, 10:47 PM
(16-06-2011 07:58 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I agree GirlyMan, but the difference is that to mormons Jesus is the son of god, and to Muslims and jews Jesus was a man. This is their fundamental difference the rejection of a son of god.

xenophobia and racism are huge against Muslims but this is not as large a point for the religion itself, there have been non middle-eastern Muslims and the ideas are still disagreed with. Their xenophobia explains their anger and hatred and the fact they won't look Muslims in the eyes, but their heedless refutation of all Muslim doctrine has more to do with the christian hole in one of Jesus son of god.

yeah ... fuck 'em.

16-06-2011, 10:51 PM
As long as the Muslim is on top the only immoral one is the christian =p (Muslims see homosexuality as a receiving act. As long as you're still doing the right motions of a man what difference does the hole make?)

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
16-06-2011, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2011 11:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-06-2011 10:51 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  As long as the Muslim is on top the only immoral one is the christian

None of them are intrinsically immoral, they are mostly just naive.

(16-06-2011 10:51 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  As long as you're still doing the right motions of a man what difference does the hole make?)

Why you gotta qualify it? Women can have some crazy-ass motions all their own. Wink

16-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Yeah but according to the Muslim religion only men can be gay. I was discussing the religious people vs their religious morality. Not intrinsic morality.

I'm a woman you know =p

17-06-2011, 12:05 AM

(16-06-2011 07:58 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I agree GirlyMan, but the difference is that to mormons Jesus is the son of god
Really? I always thought that Mormons considered Jesus to be more the half brother of Satan. Rolleyes
Quote:to Muslims and jews Jesus was a man.
Hey Christians also considered Jesus to be a man. Muslims consider Him to be more a prophet, but I suppose a man nonetheless. The Jews consider Him to be a fabrication.

(16-06-2011 11:32 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Yeah but according to the Muslim religion only men can be gay.
Huh? Is this a underground thing with them. Does there writ actually say this?
Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2011, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2011 12:41 AM by Lilith Pride.)
It only discusses men because in this issue the Qur'an only says men, and it's a book that makes clear distinctions between genders. So religiously there is no ethical violation for lesbians.

From knowledge with some friends from the UAE lesbianism is never even thought of in the country. This was discussed by the fact they apparently don't or at least didn't 7 years ago have a word for lesbian.

I think you understood the difference =p, After Jesus dies on the cross according to mormons he appears before the nephites and explains that they will win the war against the lamanites as long as they can be good enough. He's obviously more than just a man.

Judaism and islam both feel that at most Jesus was a man (I understand that it is not fully agreed upon for Jesus to be a man rather than an idea, most jews I know are willing to allow for the existence of a man named Jesus doing the things discussed outside of spiritual actions). It's really weird how christians think the Jewish Messiah would be well represented by a man who failed to kill even one roman.

Sometimes I make snide remarks I can't tell you a definitive answer on the religion (Islam) as I've only been sparsely introduced to it.

17-06-2011, 12:29 AM
(16-06-2011 11:32 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I'm a woman you know =p
Quite an attracive one at that. Wink