Why do Christians make excuses for God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: Why do Christians make excuses for God?
(02-12-2015 06:47 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  In the bible it said "ask and you shall receive". Well I prayed to God the night of my mothers death. Did God reach down and heal her? No. He did nothing but let her suffer and die. She had a heart attack at age 59. My dad made an excuse that God wanted her home. There are no excuses for God in the bible. I believe that verse to be a lie and that is why I don't pray today. So why do Christians make excuses for God? I don't see any excuses in the bible. Is it because they're afraid that God may not be real?

For starters my condolences. I'm sorry for your lose. It's never easy.

God is ether Cruel, Inept, or non-existent.
If God is real and has the power, but chooses not to use it then he proves to be heartless.
If God is real and doesn't have the power. Then why call him god?
Or God is not real. Then all former reasons can be ruled out.

But now to answer give me best answers to your questions.

Quote:So why do Christians make excuses for God?

It's part of the indoctrination. God in their mind can do no wrong. To think otherwise is just confusing to them. So they have to think of excuses. It's called apologetic s.

Quote: Is it because they're afraid that God may not be real?
No. Maybe deep down, but not really.

When I believed in God I spent most of the time wanting to meet the real god. Hoping he would give me answers. Even when I question my religion I didn't doubt god was real. I just wanted to make him happy. It wasn't really until collage that I really started questioning everything. Trying to comprehend a world where God wasn't part of it.

You can't blame God for not helping your mother. If you Blame him your will have to Blame the Santa for the same thing.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2015, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2015 03:33 PM by Mr. Boston.)
RE: Why do Christians make excuses for God?
You have to believe there's a "plan" or a higher purpose at work. The alternatives are that he eats some people's insides out with cancer solely for his perverse amusement, or he allows it to happen, or he's utterly oblivious and unconcerned, or he doesn't exist at all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post