Why do Christians trust YHWH?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2014, 03:38 PM
RE: Why to Christians trust YHWH?
(19-02-2014 03:37 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 03:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  Who says it is Jesus?

Jesus is god in human form.

No, who says that Jesus sacrificed himself and returned to himself?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2014, 03:41 PM
(19-02-2014 03:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 03:37 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Jesus is god in human form.

No, who says that Jesus sacrificed himself and returned to himself?

God is the one who made the laws which require punishment of people for the sins. Then god takes human form and sacrifices himself(by the rules he made himself) to save people from punishment which he would subject them to.
That's what the bible says.
19-02-2014, 03:42 PM
(19-02-2014 03:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 03:28 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  How do you trust someone who manifests himself on earth, sacrfices himself so he can then end up returning to himself, all in a desperate attempt to win your attention and praise.
Good question. BTW who supposedly sacrificed himself and returned to himself?

JOHN 14
9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

God is Father, son, and holy spirit - as one.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
19-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Alla you should study your own religion.
19-02-2014, 03:44 PM
(19-02-2014 03:43 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Alla you should study your own religion.

No she is right, for a change and I am sure it is just a coincidence but Mormons do not believe in the trinity.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-02-2014, 03:45 PM
(19-02-2014 03:41 PM)donotwant Wrote:  God is the one who made the laws which require punishment of people for the sins.
Bible doesn't say that God made the laws. Laws are coming from Him but it doesn't mean that He is the One Who actually made them.

(19-02-2014 03:41 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Then god takes human form and sacrifices himself(by the rules he made himself) to save people from punishment which he would subject them to.
That's what the bible says.
No, Bible doesn't say this. Bible says that God Heavenly Father sacrificed another God - Son.
And Bible doesn't say that God made rules.
You can learn from me what are the rules of the club for example but it doesn't make me a maker of the rules.

19-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Who made the rules other then god if they are coming from him?
So there are 2 gods?
19-02-2014, 03:51 PM
More from JOHN 14:
23 "Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me."

Boy what a friggin needy dude he was, forcing and demanding folks to love him. Is that how love works in the world of make believe? Mabye his daddy did not give him enough love and he seeks it elsewhere. Hey those punishments he outlined in the OT must have scared jesus to where he did not just ask his old man for some lovin.Cool

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
19-02-2014, 03:53 PM
(19-02-2014 03:42 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 03:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  Good question. BTW who supposedly sacrificed himself and returned to himself?

JOHN 14
9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

God is Father, son, and holy spirit - as one.
Jesus doesn't say here that Father and Son = one person.
Father is in me and I am in the Father means that it doesn't matter who we obey Father or Son. Because if I obey Son it is the same if I obeyed Father because Father sent Son and gave Him authority.
So, Bible doesn't say that Father and Son = one person and that Jesus returned to Himself. He is clear that He is going to His God and His Father.
There are 2 Gods and they are one in purpose.

19-02-2014, 03:54 PM
(19-02-2014 03:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 03:43 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Alla you should study your own religion.

No she is right, for a change and I am sure it is just a coincidence but Mormons do not believe in the trinity.

It has already been established here (over and over) that the Mormon faith is a sham and pile of dung. The holy bible is still in need of constant and honest ridicule though.

— Dan Barker —