Why do Christians trust YHWH?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2014, 06:31 AM
RE: Why do Christians trust YHWH?
(19-02-2014 10:43 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Again not supporting your case for faith.
Of course not, as it wasn't offered in support of such. It was made against a specific claim. Take a deep breath and re-read the thread.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2014, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2014 09:53 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(20-02-2014 06:26 AM)alpha male Wrote:  You're insisting on a narrow definition of day and night.
You're just playing the bullshit "Its a metaphor" or a "Its a parable" evasive nonsense.. just admit that its unintelligible already.
Quote:I don't see why the alternating periods of light and dark described in the first few verses of Genesis can't be called day and night.
There is no "altering periods of light&dark" outside earth.
Quote:You know, extraordinary evidence for Jesus' extraordinary claims.
Oh really? if that's what you're saying then perhaps you have to look at this "evidence"
[Image: untitled-1fzgli.gif]

well i just showed you the "Evidence" why don't believe it huh?
Quote:What do you think of the idea that inert matter just came to life?
I DO NOT KNOW!.Facepalm i am a puny creature how the hell do you expect anyone to answer this question?
Quote:I find that absurd, and analogous to comic books and fairy tales.
Jesus Turning water into wine,walking on water.. is TOTALLY analogous to spiderman or anything fictitious for that matter.

Quote:You don't speculate about the origin of the universe or of life?
Don't change the subject.. ancient literature is scientifically illiterate and it has been proven time&time that Science is how the world fucking works!

So if all those "Divinely inspired" hogwash stories can't even figure out how the world works they can forget about asking to us believe in ANYTHING.
Quote:then majority view is not argumentum ad populum.
Yes it is.
Quote:People throw these terms around without considering their scope and limitations.
Religion throws around abused logic deifying shit at us and expects us to take it as if its real.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
20-02-2014, 09:20 AM
(20-02-2014 06:31 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 10:43 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Again not supporting your case for faith.
Of course not, as it wasn't offered in support of such. It was made against a specific claim. Take a deep breath and re-read the thread.

You have made the point that supports bad decisions all around. The analogy is suggesting that uniformed decisions are being made in our personal lives, which justifies uniformed decisions pertaining to faith and religious views. I have read it again and it is loud and clear.

Q: Why require evidence for all decisions besides faith?
A; Well, many personal decisions are also made without good evidence!
Q: OK, all these decisions mentioned are made with no evidence.

Done.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
20-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Quote:I DO NOT KNOW!.Facepalm i am a puny creature how the hell do you expect anyone to answer this question?
Copout. Angel People in glass houses and such.
20-02-2014, 09:46 AM
(20-02-2014 09:20 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  You have made the point that supports bad decisions all around. The analogy is suggesting that uniformed decisions are being made in our personal lives, which justifies uniformed decisions pertaining to faith and religious views. I have read it again and it is loud and clear.

Q: Why require evidence for all decisions besides faith?
A; Well, many personal decisions are also made without good evidence!
Q: OK, all these decisions mentioned are made with no evidence.

Done.
You can believe whatever you like when you post your own paraphrase rather than quoting the actual discussion.
20-02-2014, 09:55 AM
(20-02-2014 09:44 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Copout. Angel People in glass houses and such.
What Copout? unlike you i'm just being fucking honest.

20-02-2014, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2014 10:16 AM by Alla.)
(19-02-2014 06:05 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 05:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  Like what? He didn't want children to stay with evil/bad parents. Where should He place them?

Supposedly he's all powerful, right? Why the need to have the Hebrew tribes slaughter them?

Why couldn't he just make them die painlessly? Or better yet, just instantly annihilate them?

There, I just came up with (slightly) better options than having a bunch Bronze Age tribal thugs slaughter a bunch of children.
I think you are right when you assume that all-powerful God can kill those people painlessly without help of Hebrew tribes.
But this is why I think He didn't do it.
First of all I want to tell you that it will be my opinion, there is no revelation from God with an explanation why He was doing it this way.
I did pray to my Heavenly Father and this is what He told me(revelation):"Alla, I am not going to tell you now. You didn't look for yourself for an answer yet. Think, ponder, see if you can figure out on your own. I gave enough knowledge(revelations) so you can do some work on your own. You have intelligence. Use it."
So, I was searching and thinking and suddenly I realized something.
God revealed why we are here on Earth. We are here to obtain physical bodies and to be tested - to OVERCOME things and ENDURE TO THE END.
This is PROGRESSION or PERSONAL PROGRESS.

Now the answer: if God YHWH did everything for us we would NEVER progress on our own.
Hebrew tribes had TO OVERCOME things including their enemies on the own.
We have to overcome weaknesses, we have to overcome illnesses, we have to overcome many things. This way we are learning to be more self-reliant and more strong in many ways.
God was teaching tribes how to overcome enemies.
God could give me all knowledge that I need right away. But He will not do it. I have TO DO some WORK on my own.
God could tell people how to cure every illness fast. But He won't do it. We have to figure it out on our own. This way we are GROWING and PROGRESSING and become MORE SELF-RELIANT.
we are here to have OUR BATTLES. In battles we GROW/PROGRESS.
But God says that if we are doing what is right He will help us when we don't have enough strength. He will be on our side.

When Hebrew tribes kept their covenants they were becoming stronger. They could overcome their enemies. They were becoming more intelligent and more strong than their enemies.

This is the point: here on earth we have to overcome things and to grow(progress).

God taught tribes that when they are keeping covenants they can do anything because God is on their side.
Imagine if God did for us EVERYTHING. We would never GROW/PROGRESS.
Imagine if God did for tribes everything, they would never learn anything.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
20-02-2014, 10:11 AM
(20-02-2014 09:55 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  What Copout?
Please, don't play dumb. According to mainstream scientific thought abiogenesis occurred at least once. Do you find that idea absurd?
20-02-2014, 10:19 AM
(20-02-2014 10:11 AM)Alla Wrote:  But this is why I think He didn't do it.
First of all I want to tell you that it will be my opinion, there is no revelation from God with an explanation why He was doing it this way.

That actually goes without saying. Drinking Beverage
20-02-2014, 10:30 AM
(20-02-2014 10:11 AM)alpha male Wrote:  According to mainstream scientific thought abiogenesis occurred at least once.
What bullshit are you talking about? abiogenesis is a just a hypothesis which has yet to be proven and scientists don't assume anything until its proven unlike theists of course.

Evolution on the other hand is the backbone for Biology.

Quote:Do you find that idea absurd?
Yet you don't find Jesus walking on water absurd.. i gotta give it to your double standards here!