Why do Creationists keep using the same old arguments?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
14-11-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Why do Creationists keep using the same old arguments?
@Call of the Wild

If things continue like they do, in about 20 years, Islam will have more believers than Christianity. Does that mean you will convert at that point? After all, if one of your key argument for defending your faith is the size of the congregation that share your beliefs, what will you say when Islam will take over the front seat. In fact, if things continue like so, Christianity may even become the third biggest religion on Earth after slipping behind Hindus who are also growing. Unlike Christians, Hindus can even claim to be the oldest religion still in practice. Changing faith from Christianity to Islam isn't such a big leap. Both are Abrahamic faith with a similar origin. Muslim have bad press these days, but nothing prevents you from joining sects that are much suppler than the fundamentalist’s ones.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
14-11-2015, 11:50 AM
(13-11-2015 02:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  You seem completely unable to think more than one layer deep.

It will soon not be number 1.

Yeah, and one day "soon", the sun will burn out and the earth will suffer a "heat" death...but until happens, we are on the earth chillin', right?

Right.
14-11-2015, 11:53 AM
(13-11-2015 03:01 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah, but I thought none of those people were real Christians. Only people from so-and-so's church are true Christians.

Let God be the truth, and every man liars (Romans 3:4).
14-11-2015, 12:30 PM
(13-11-2015 12:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not historically. There have been other world religions with far more members.

This is pretty cool.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-11-2015, 12:36 PM
(14-11-2015 12:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 12:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not historically. There have been other world religions with far more members.

This is pretty cool.

Cool, yes, although it is, of course, a representation of the official religions in areas, rather than the identity and beliefs of the populace - which is extremely difficult to retroactively calculate by proxy in any case...

... this is my signature!
14-11-2015, 12:59 PM
*Sigh* Bucky, Bucky, Bucky, you should know by now that when it comes to these topics, that I am what is called "unfuckwitable", ok??

I appreciate the attempt...the efforts...the trying...but you are just not on my intellectual level when it comes to this stuff.

(13-11-2015 05:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  False. provide references, or STFU.

Laugh out load Children.

(13-11-2015 05:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It was ILLEGAL

I never said it wasn't.

(13-11-2015 05:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  , until Constantine decided to USE it to unify his empire.

I will break this down nice and slow for you. Don't take this intellectual ass whooping personally, son...

Constantine took power in 306 CE. Got that? Jesus was crucified in/outside of Jerusalem, around 33 CE. Got that?

Paul wrote Corinthians between 53 CE, and 57 CE. Got that?

So Paul is writing to an already established Church that is at least 800 miles away from where the movement began, in Jerusalem (Corinth is at least 800 miles away from Jerusalem).

So in other words, Christianity had spread like a wild fire just 20 years after the cross, and this was 250 years before Constantine came to power.

Now sure, Constantine may have been the first emperor to recognize Christianity as the religion of the state or whatever the case may be...but lets not act like Christianity only spread the way that it did because of a royal edict or something...because that is BULLSHIT.

(13-11-2015 05:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And the persecutions are a LIE. See Dr. Candida Moss' book about persecutions. She a Christian head of the Theology Department at Notre Dame. They basically made up the deal about persecutions.

Nonsense. No one made up anything about the persecutions. Since the Christian movement began, there were pockets of resistance throughout the Roman empire. I am not saying that a royal edict was given and the task was to wipe out all Christians...no, that is not what history tells us. What it tells us is that certain localized areas, Christians were being persecuted by the local authorites...as Pliny the Younger mentioned in his letter to Roman Emperor Trajan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pliny_the_...hristians.

And Tacitus also stated that a multitude of Christians were accused of causing the Great Fire of Rome, at which Christians were tortured by the order of emperor Nero. So by 64 CE, the Christian movement had already reached the highest office in the land https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_on_Christ

It was spreading, and as I previously mentioned, it had reached Turkey during the days of Pliny.

I already predict you are going to check the wiki links out and then proceed to come up with some bullshit miniscule objection to it...but do whatever you have to do, no worries here.

You can't rebuttal the truth.

(13-11-2015 05:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Not because you say so with a Babble quote.
Apparently there are at least 33,000 versions of it. Jebus never said "alone", and in fact your statement proves your ignorance.

The New Testament is clear that Jesus is the only way to salvation. Now, whether or not you believe that, I don't really give a damn. But to sit there and act like this isn't the case within Christendom is to be flat out disingenuous.

(13-11-2015 05:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Many of the mainline sects in Christianity (the RC's, the Episcopalians) teach that ALL people of good will are saved, not just Christians.

Yeah, we call that kind of stuff FALSE DOCTRINE.

(13-11-2015 05:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Interesting you know nothing of your own cult. And BTW, Jesus never said that.

He never said what?

(13-11-2015 05:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That saying originated in Egypt, LONG before it was used in the NT. If it's *him alone* then your god is giant dick for creating people who could not possibly hear about your precious Jebus.

First off, I don't know who the hell "Jebus" is...maybe that is another way of saying Jesus (that I don't know about), or maybe you are just being an asshole...either way...salvation is through Jesus alone. Point blank, period.

(13-11-2015 05:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  In fact, the largest percentage in the majority YOU claim, are Catholics. it is the official position of the RCC that

I don't care what sect you are part of, if you accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and believe that he died on the cross for your sins, you are a Christian.

(13-11-2015 05:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:   The non-Christian may not be blamed for his ignorance of Christ and his Church; salvation is open to him also, if he seeks God sincerely and if he follows the commands of his conscience, for through this means the Holy Ghost acts upon all men; this divine action is not confined within the limited boundaries of the visible Church."

The Catholic Church doesn't have any authority to make "official" doctrine...Sure, they can do whatever they want within their Church, but I am not bound by none of that stuff, because I ain't a Catholic.

Now, if you want to give a scripture to back up what they are SAYING, then do so...but don't come to me with Catholic creeds of faith or whatever the hell you are coming at me with.

My authority comes from the Bible, which is what I believe to be the inspired Word of the living God. Anything beyond that can be taken with a grain of salt, as far as im concerned.

(13-11-2015 05:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So a majority of this majority (you *claim*) actually in no way agrees with your ignorant statement.

Christianity is the world's largest religion in the world. Point blank, period. I don't care how red your face gets, or how much smoke comes out your ears because of this fact.

I will quote the great Floyd Mayweather as he spoke in reference to his camp...but I will put in a Christian context...

"Christians are #1, Christians have been #1, and Christians will stay #1".

(13-11-2015 05:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You are dead wrong, and clearly never studied anything about your cult. YOU claimed a "majority" position of your cults, yet in fact there is no such thing as "Christianity". Most of the them, just like you, claim THEY possess the *truth*. You people can't ALL be right. of course YOU think YOU are. Hahaha. Weeping

Google "what is the world's largest religion", and every ranking you see, Christianity will be #1.

There is just no way out of it, Buck Boy. Laugh out load
14-11-2015, 01:09 PM
(14-11-2015 11:07 AM)epronovost Wrote:  @Call of the Wild

If things continue like they do, in about 20 years, Islam will have more believers than Christianity. Does that mean you will convert at that point? After all, if one of your key argument for defending your faith is the size of the congregation that share your beliefs, what will you say when Islam will take over the front seat. In fact, if things continue like so, Christianity may even become the third biggest religion on Earth after slipping behind Hindus who are also growing. Unlike Christians, Hindus can even claim to be the oldest religion still in practice. Changing faith from Christianity to Islam isn't such a big leap. Both are Abrahamic faith with a similar origin. Muslim have bad press these days, but nothing prevents you from joining sects that are much suppler than the fundamentalist’s ones.

I don't think Christianity will ever drop behind #1. Those other religions don't transcend race, for the most part. You don't see many Chinese Muslims, or Indian Muslims, or Hispanic Muslims, do you? You don't see any Hispanic Hindu's, Black Hindu's, or Caucasian Hindu's. I could go on and on...

Christianity is the only religion where there is a diverse group of races that occupy the entire religion. Islam is really the only threat of taking over the #1 spot, but I don't even think that Islam will be able to pull it off.

Christianity shall stay #1.
14-11-2015, 01:15 PM
(14-11-2015 12:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

This is pretty cool.

That was great Girly. I always debate over whether Buddhism is a religion or more of a way of life, philosophy thingy.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-11-2015, 02:04 PM
(14-11-2015 01:09 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 11:07 AM)epronovost Wrote:  @Call of the Wild

I don't think Christianity will ever drop behind #1. Those other religions don't transcend race, for the most part. You don't see many Chinese Muslims, or Indian Muslims, or Hispanic Muslims, do you? You don't see any Hispanic Hindu's, Black Hindu's, or Caucasian Hindu's. I could go on and on...

Christianity is the only religion where there is a diverse group of races that occupy the entire religion. Islam is really the only threat of taking over the #1 spot, but I don't even think that Islam will be able to pull it off.

Christianity shall stay #1.

Actually, yes they do transcend racial barrier. The largest Muslim country is Indonesia. There is more South Est Asian Muslim than Arab Muslim. There is over 200 000 000 Indian Muslim. Central Asia is also predominantly Muslim and those people have more in common with Turks than Arabs. There is around 80 000 000 Chinese Muslim in the more western part of the country. Islam, unlike Christianity is growing.

As for Hinduism, the entire New Age culture is borrowing heavily from them. There is several hundred Guru in the Western world that could very be considered Hinduism in tradition. There is also a significant amount of Persian Hindu and Asian Hindu especially in Nepal.

Africa is divided amongst Christian and Muslim. I think your vision who are the Muslim is cartoonish. Considering the rise of Islam and the stagnation/deflation of Christianity pretty much all demographers and geographers agree that this religion will become the largest one unless a massive secularisation of Africa and central Asia happens.

You also avoided the question BTW. What would you do or say in such a situation. Your ship is taking water. All seems to indicate it will sink, there is a very small possibility it won't, but what will you do when if does and how is this going to affect your vision and your beliefs? That's what I want to know.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
14-11-2015, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2015 03:36 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(14-11-2015 12:59 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  YOU, last week agreed that your isiot deity did not create Reality. YOU stumbled into that. YOU are the equal of no one here.

(14-11-2015 12:59 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Laugh out load Children.

Empty stupid retorts are not references. Obviously you never even took one class on your cult.

(14-11-2015 12:59 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Jesus was crucified in/outside of Jerusalem, around 33 CE. Got that?

Prove it.

(14-11-2015 12:59 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Nonsense. No one made up anything about the persecutions.

So now, the fool who stumbled into my trap, is now more of an expert than a professor at Notre Dame. Ahahahahahaha.

You have nothing but the usual tripe assertions. Can't your Jebus at least send someone who has an education ?

I take it back. Even Biola would take you. Facepalm

You can't even demonstrate there was a Paul. The fact there was a community at spme point in Corinth doesn't mean it :"spread like wildfire". We know they were STILL JEWS as late as the end of the First Century, as the High Priest in Jerusalem required the Expulsion Curses be read in the synagogues, and in 400 CE, John Chrysostom old his congregation to stop going to the synagogues ... they STILL thought of themselves as Jews .... not exactly "wildfire". The fact is, you are an ignoramus. I defeated your "One way" majority BS, you defeated YOUSELF in your god definition .... maybe you best go back to the drawing board before you embarrass yourself further.
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/paul.htm
They were liars, and they admitted it : http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rly-church

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.