Why do Creationists keep using the same old arguments?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
14-11-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: Why do Creationists keep using the same old arguments?
(14-11-2015 11:50 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 02:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  You seem completely unable to think more than one layer deep.

It will soon not be number 1.

Yeah, and one day "soon", the sun will burn out and the earth will suffer a "heat" death...but until happens, we are on the earth chillin', right?

Right.

At its present rate of decline, Christianity will gone long before that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2015, 03:46 PM
(14-11-2015 12:59 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Google "what is the world's largest religion", and every ranking you see, Christianity will be #1.

There is just no way out of it, Buck Boy. Laugh out load

Wikipedia's got you at 2.2 billion and us at 1.1 billion and gaining rapidly. You gonna lose.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
14-11-2015, 03:49 PM
(14-11-2015 03:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 12:59 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Google "what is the world's largest religion", and every ranking you see, Christianity will be #1.

There is just no way out of it, Buck Boy. Laugh out load

Wikipedia's got you at 2.2 billion and us at 1.1 billion and gaining rapidly. You gonna lose.

While the current statistics are actually somewhat inflated due to state policy in China...

Yeah, give it by 2050 and we'll be the fucking plurality. Theists, eat a dick.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
14-11-2015, 04:05 PM
(14-11-2015 03:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 03:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Wikipedia's got you at 2.2 billion and us at 1.1 billion and gaining rapidly. You gonna lose.

While the current statistics are actually somewhat inflated due to state policy in China...

Yeah, give it by 2050 and we'll be the fucking plurality. Theists, eat a dick.

The idiots who believe they can survive their own deaths are testing that hypothesis more and more frequently. My kids social circle do not give a shit about God and religion and they laugh at the prospect of surviving their own deaths. "Oh dad, God is so passé." You gonna lose.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-11-2015, 04:32 PM
(14-11-2015 11:07 AM)epronovost Wrote:  @Call of the Wild

If things continue like they do, in about 20 years, Islam will have more believers than Christianity.

I doubt it..that would mean that there would have to be more non-Arabs converting. Islam just doesn't transcend the Arab nation like Christianity does.

(14-11-2015 11:07 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Does that mean you will convert at that point?

John 6:66-68. Read it..and Peter's answer to Jesus, is my same answer to your question.

(14-11-2015 11:07 AM)epronovost Wrote:  After all, if one of your key argument for defending your faith is the size of the congregation that share your beliefs, what will you say when Islam will take over the front seat. In fact, if things continue like so, Christianity may even become the third biggest religion on Earth after slipping behind Hindus who are also growing. Unlike Christians, Hindus can even claim to be the oldest religion still in practice. Changing faith from Christianity to Islam isn't such a big leap. Both are Abrahamic faith with a similar origin. Muslim have bad press these days, but nothing prevents you from joining sects that are much suppler than the fundamentalist’s ones.

I've already acknowledged that the # of followers to any given religions means nothing. It is the truth value that means anything. However, despite that, Christianity is the #1 religion in the world Laugh out load
16-11-2015, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2015 07:23 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(16-11-2015 04:32 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

If things continue like they do, in about 20 years, Islam will have more believers than Christianity.

I doubt it..that would mean that there would have to be more non-Arabs converting. Islam just doesn't transcend the Arab nation like Christianity does.

(14-11-2015 11:07 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Does that mean you will convert at that point?

John 6:66-68. Read it..and Peter's answer to Jesus, is my same answer to your question.

(14-11-2015 11:07 AM)epronovost Wrote:  After all, if one of your key argument for defending your faith is the size of the congregation that share your beliefs, what will you say when Islam will take over the front seat. In fact, if things continue like so, Christianity may even become the third biggest religion on Earth after slipping behind Hindus who are also growing. Unlike Christians, Hindus can even claim to be the oldest religion still in practice. Changing faith from Christianity to Islam isn't such a big leap. Both are Abrahamic faith with a similar origin. Muslim have bad press these days, but nothing prevents you from joining sects that are much suppler than the fundamentalist’s ones.

I've already acknowledged that the # of followers to any given religions means nothing. It is the truth value that means anything. However, despite that, Christianity is the #1 religion in the world Laugh out load

Define value.

Define #1

Define who wrote John, guess what, John is the wrong answer, so how do you know what jesus said as no one who EVER wrote of jesus knew him.......ahhhh that inconvenient beating with facts never gets old. Big Grin

Xtianity is literally aging out in America. The numbers of delusional and gullible dipshits like you is dropping like a dress on prom night. Only 1 in 3 Americans under the age of 30 believe in a god....you can thank education and the internet for that.

[Image: 25u03ee.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
16-11-2015, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2015 08:11 PM by epronovost.)
(16-11-2015 04:32 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

As I can see, you haven`t read my next post on this issue, where I expose your lack of knowledge about the demographic of Muslim wich are actually more numerous in Asia than in the Middle East. I would also like to point out that the population of Northern Africa and the Middle East, the craddle of Islam, is groing fast in terms of population while Europe and North America, the craddle of modern Christianity, is slowly decreasing in population. It seems that your love of Christianity has blinded you to the growing strength of the islamic faith (not to mention the growth of secularism and atheism in general in the Occidental world).

PS: Since you don't seem to know a lot about other faiths, both Islam and Hinduism offer eternal life. Islam offers it in the same brand and under almost identical circomstances than Christianity (accept God and the word of his prophets: Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus, Mohammet, etc.). Hinduism is a bit more complicated, but also offers both reincarnation and spiritual afterlife based on your good work and wisdom. At least that's what they promess and on that point, they are about jus has believable has the Christian promess.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
17-11-2015, 09:08 AM
(16-11-2015 07:27 PM)epronovost Wrote:  As I can see, you haven`t read my next post on this issue, where I expose your lack of knowledge about the demographic of Muslim wich are actually more numerous in Asia than in the Middle East. I would also like to point out that the population of Northern Africa and the Middle East, the craddle of Islam, is groing fast in terms of population while Europe and North America, the craddle of modern Christianity, is slowly decreasing in population. It seems that your love of Christianity has blinded you to the growing strength of the islamic faith (not to mention the growth of secularism and atheism in general in the Occidental world).

I specifically said "Islam just doesn't transcend race like Christianity does"...and I am right...now sure, of the 7 billion people in this world, there will be some non-Arab folks that follow Islam. However, when compared to Christianity, it doesn't compare.

Christianity has the entire continents of North America, South America, Europe, and Australia, and the entire middle and lower half of Africa...and it also has Russia.

Now, as far as the other Asian countries are concerned, I'd like to know how many Asians identify themselves as Christians relative to Islam...I am pretty sure Christianity will win there as well.

(16-11-2015 07:27 PM)epronovost Wrote:  PS: Since you don't seem to know a lot about other faiths, both Islam and Hinduism offer eternal life. Islam offers it in the same brand and under almost identical circomstances than Christianity (accept God and the word of his prophets: Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus, Mohammet, etc.).

Islam is a low-budget bootleg version of Christianity.

(16-11-2015 07:27 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Hinduism is a bit more complicated, but also offers both reincarnation and spiritual afterlife based on your good work and wisdom. At least that's what they promess and on that point, they are about jus has believable has the Christian promess.

Who is ultimately in charge of the afterlife / reincarnation? Any religion can offer things, the point is, what is the evidence for it? When it comes to actual evidence, Christianity will continue to reign supreme over all other religions.

"We are #1, we've been #1, and we will stay #1".
17-11-2015, 09:15 AM
(17-11-2015 09:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(16-11-2015 07:27 PM)epronovost Wrote:  As I can see, you haven`t read my next post on this issue, where I expose your lack of knowledge about the demographic of Muslim wich are actually more numerous in Asia than in the Middle East. I would also like to point out that the population of Northern Africa and the Middle East, the craddle of Islam, is groing fast in terms of population while Europe and North America, the craddle of modern Christianity, is slowly decreasing in population. It seems that your love of Christianity has blinded you to the growing strength of the islamic faith (not to mention the growth of secularism and atheism in general in the Occidental world).

I specifically said "Islam just doesn't transcend race like Christianity does"...and I am right...now sure, of the 7 billion people in this world, there will be some non-Arab folks that follow Islam. However, when compared to Christianity, it doesn't compare.

Christianity has the entire continents of North America, South America, Europe, and Australia, and the entire middle and lower half of Africa...and it also has Russia.

Now, as far as the other Asian countries are concerned, I'd like to know how many Asians identify themselves as Christians relative to Islam...I am pretty sure Christianity will win there as well.

(16-11-2015 07:27 PM)epronovost Wrote:  PS: Since you don't seem to know a lot about other faiths, both Islam and Hinduism offer eternal life. Islam offers it in the same brand and under almost identical circomstances than Christianity (accept God and the word of his prophets: Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus, Mohammet, etc.).

(16-11-2015 07:27 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Hinduism is a bit more complicated, but also offers both reincarnation and spiritual afterlife based on your good work and wisdom. At least that's what they promess and on that point, they are about jus has believable has the Christian promess.

Who is ultimately in charge of the afterlife / reincarnation? Any religion can offer things, the point is, what is the evidence for it? When it comes to actual evidence, Christianity will continue to reign supreme over all other religions.

And I told you that Christianity is the very one world religion that you warn yourselves about. Thanks for reinforcing that notion.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
17-11-2015, 09:19 AM
(17-11-2015 09:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

Just like your local sports team.

Btw, how did you manage to spur this so focused on Christianity? The topic is about CREATIONISM. You basically took that and just inserted how Christianity is #1 so CREATIONISTS are fine using the same argument.

Christian doesn't equal Creationist! This whole point wildly misses the entire point and you began railing an idea against no point. There is also a potentially stronger push towards Evolutionary(conceptually) Christianity growing. Which is more to the point of, Creationism NOT winning.

What do you think is the #1 Christian Denomination. CATHOLICISM, which doesn't embrace Creationism. They're #1 and they will stay #1! Lecture_preist

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson