Why do Creationists keep using the same old arguments?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
02-11-2015, 01:12 PM
RE: Why do Creationists keep using the same old arguments?
Expecting conformists to be creative? I don't think that will work out very well, myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2015, 05:55 AM
(07-09-2015 11:49 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 11:04 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Cognitive dissonance? Delusion? Stupidity?

The evidence for evolution is right smack in front of them, but I believe that they cannot see it at all. Like, they look right through it as though it's invisible to them.

Indeed, and when you point out the existence of this evidence.......the mountains of it..........you get the "Your evidence is unconvincing, please provide me with proper evidence" reply.

There is frequently no attempt to provide any reason why the evidence is "unconvincing". And the demand for further evidence reminds me of that dreadful Wendy Wright woman and her encounter with Dawkins.

[Image: 3q3g2h.jpg]
08-11-2015, 05:25 PM
(07-09-2015 11:04 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Why do they carry on trying to use tired arguments?

That is like asking Michael Jordan, during his career, why did he keep using the fadeaway jump shot...or like asking Kareem Abdul Jabbar why did he keep using the sky-hook during his playing career.

In other words, we use the same tired arguments because the defense cannot guard it, that's why.
08-11-2015, 06:06 PM
(08-11-2015 05:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 11:04 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Why do they carry on trying to use tired arguments?

That is like asking Michael Jordan, during his career, why did he keep using the fadeaway jump shot...or like asking Kareem Abdul Jabbar why did he keep using the sky-hook during his playing career.

In other words, we use the same tired arguments because the defense cannot guard it, that's why.

ummm.... then they wouldn't be losing ground on every reasonable measure as they are. Your analogy reflects severe delusion.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
08-11-2015, 07:10 PM
(31-10-2015 05:57 PM)Brandon Poirier Wrote:  I read the entire post and cannot find one single point besides "creationists deserve to be mocked real good". Was there some deeper point you were getting to?

What deeper point is needed for a person who thinks the world is 6,000 years old and that all life was magically poofed into existence at that time?

There comes a time when shitheads need to be treated like shitheads.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
09-11-2015, 10:26 AM
(08-11-2015 06:06 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  ummm.... then they wouldn't be losing ground on every reasonable measure as they are. Your analogy reflects severe delusion.

Losing ground where? Christianity is still the worlds largest religion in terms of the number of followers. Laugh out load
09-11-2015, 11:43 AM
(09-11-2015 10:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(08-11-2015 06:06 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  ummm.... then they wouldn't be losing ground on every reasonable measure as they are. Your analogy reflects severe delusion.

Losing ground where? Christianity is still the worlds largest religion in terms of the number of followers. Laugh out load

Google is your friend. Look it up. Increasing levels of secularism across the globe.
09-11-2015, 11:49 AM
(09-11-2015 10:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

Thhere is no such thing as "Christianity". There are 30,000+ sects of that nonsence, and they all say they are correct, and they all hold different views.
I bet you too would say you are a "true Christian". Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-11-2015, 12:08 PM
(09-11-2015 11:43 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Google is your friend. Look it up. Increasing levels of secularism across the globe.

Well, let me know when you can provide me any stats regarding the increasing secularism / daily conversion ratio.
09-11-2015, 12:10 PM
(09-11-2015 11:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Thhere is no such thing as "Christianity". There are 30,000+ sects of that nonsence, and they all say they are correct, and they all hold different views.
I bet you too would say you are a "true Christian". Facepalm

A Christian is anyone that accepts Jesus as his/her personal Lord and Savior, and follow his teachings. Now sure, there may be "in house" disagreements amongst those that are believers, but we are all Christians, nevertheless.

It all falls under the Christian umbrella.