Why do Creationists keep using the same old arguments?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
10-11-2015, 06:13 PM
RE: Why do Creationists keep using the same old arguments?
(10-11-2015 04:32 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 03:18 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  I told you Google is your friend.

I very quickly found these:

http://www.pewforum.org/2012/10/09/nones-on-the-rise/

http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2012/1...pe-and-usa

All that would mean is that there are more people doomed for destruction today than there were yesterday Cool.

Ah, the good Christian consigning others to hell. You are an ignorant, delusional asshole.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-11-2015, 07:57 PM
(10-11-2015 04:38 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 04:32 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  All that would mean is that there are more people doomed for destruction today than there were yesterday Cool.

Nah just means less stupid people.

That too.
Find all posts by this user
11-11-2015, 08:20 PM
(10-11-2015 05:02 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You asked for evidence, you got it.

I notice your lack of a substantive reply.

Oh, sorry I wasn't clear enough. Here is a substantive reply based on the subject matter, "So what if people are falling away from the theistic beliefs, that doesn't change anything....the truth value of the religion is independent of the number of followers."

How is that?
11-11-2015, 08:38 PM
(11-11-2015 08:20 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

Oh, sorry I wasn't clear enough. Here is a substantive reply based on the subject matter, "So what if people are falling away from the theistic beliefs, that doesn't change anything....the truth value of the religion is independent of the number of followers."

How is that?

You're right. Too bad that the value is almost always zilch.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
11-11-2015, 08:56 PM

How is that?

That's better!

Make sure you're getting the word out to your fellow theists who argue ad populum, eh, there's a good lad.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
11-11-2015, 10:25 PM

How is that?

You're right... but that has gotten nobody anywhere on the initial question of, Why do creationists keep using the same old arguments? All that was answered was the faulty dilemma you bought into the discussion you're now clarifying means nothing after being argued with on the validity of it's data.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-11-2015, 10:30 PM
(10-09-2015 11:10 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 10:55 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't need to claim who actually stole the cookies from the cookie jar to establish and prove the claim that it wasn't me. That it's left up to an unknown at the present moment is fine.

No, you would do so by showing that it wasn't you. That you were somewhere else at the time the cookie went missing. That you have a gluten allergy, so you wouldn't be stealing cookies, etc...

You're not particularly debunking the claim that it was stolen, but just that you were not the thief. With a series of other claims that indicate your innocence, and absolve you of the crimes.

It's like you don't think there is any value in refuting claims via a process of elimination formula. And you have some stonewalled aversion to skepticism in the sense of debunking without proclaiming some other answer before attempting to debunk.

I don't know if it's a culture thing or a personal intentional view or what it is, but it's consistently there in most discussions relating to these ideas.

13-11-2015, 11:46 AM
(11-11-2015 10:25 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You're right... but that has gotten nobody anywhere on the initial question of, Why do creationists keep using the same old arguments? All that was answered was the faulty dilemma you bought into the discussion you're now clarifying means nothing after being argued with on the validity of it's data.

No because my first response was basically that we (Christian theists) should keep using the same arguments until they are successfully refuted. It isn't our fault that you guys can't refute the things.
13-11-2015, 11:48 AM
(11-11-2015 08:56 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  That's better!

Make sure you're getting the word out to your fellow theists who argue ad populum, eh, there's a good lad.

But Christianity is still the world's largest religion based on the number of followers, just sayin'.

Laugh out load
13-11-2015, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2015 12:09 PM by ClydeLee.)
(13-11-2015 11:46 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 10:25 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You're right... but that has gotten nobody anywhere on the initial question of, Why do creationists keep using the same old arguments? All that was answered was the faulty dilemma you bought into the discussion you're now clarifying means nothing after being argued with on the validity of it's data.

No because my first response was basically that we (Christian theists) should keep using the same arguments until they are successfully refuted. It isn't our fault that you guys can't refute the things.

Yes, and it's been shown to you how that is being refuted & they all have been. They're inherently make assumptions(some of them proudly-I.E. Presuppositional) And those ones are refuted as well because they all rely on some "absolute" answer were there is no reason to proclaim absolute certainty.

Apparently you're just so dense to think if it's not a massive instant change, it's not change. Yes Christianity is still the largest.. and shirking at that at rates more than ever before in the last two centuries. Beyond that element buddy, Christianity in NO WAY = Creationism. This whole point isn't even consistent with the case but apparently you really are oblivious to a lot. I found it enjoyable not really reading or dealing with any of the posts you had on here before, because from what it seemed to be, was more of this. Just making statements not even remotely directly related to the alleged attempted points.